Default How to dress for dinner at CN?

It'll be our first trip to CN this week-end, and I was wondering how do ladies dress for dinner? All decked up or simple sun dress? Capri pants? What about men: are bermudas and a polo OK or long pants?

casual is good, you don't need to be decked out except if you eat at Otaheite. Then it's pants/nice shirt/closed toe shoes for men and something pretty for the gals. I usually wear a sundress or capris/nice blouse.

sweet ginger brown less then 7 days between "what can i wear to dinner"

pam please insert for the 80th time the FAQ ( thank you )
    try http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/search.php?searchid=97776
    dollars to donuts you will see whatever answer you seek in what is returned from the magic of the board search function.
    What ever you wear make sure you do not violate or consider violating the dress shoe policy. I am not sure what week you are going so i cannot tell you who will be the fashion sherrif that week
    if you post some pics of what you plan on wearign we can help you decide
    enjoy

Whatever you are comfortable in. Otaheite is dressier than the other restaurants. I have worn a sundress to a pair of capris with a sexy tank top and kitten heels to Otaheite. To Cassava,Lychee and Heliconia for dinner I have worn capris,a less dressy sundress or nice shorts. Some people get all dressed up others don't. Men have to wear pants to Otaheite, my hubby wears a pair of dockers and a shirt or polo. To the other restaurants he can wear what he is comfortable in. We have seen some men in pants others in shorts. You are on vacation so be comfortable. There is really a mix of outfits that people wear. Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    . . . . pam please insert for the 80th time the FAQ ( thank you ) . . . .
    Happy to oblige:

From the Couples Brochure:

Be sure to pack lots of light and comfortable clothing—and remember to include a few nice items to wear at night! We like to think we’re pretty casual, but there are a few minor dress requirements. When dining in any of our restaurants—besides the laid-back Beach Grill—during the evening hours, we request that you keep your sneakers, shorts, t-shirts, and tank tops in your room. And while casual elegance is the preferred style at most of our restaurants, we request a slightly more upscale look at [the gourmet restaurant]. Men are asked to wear slacks, collared shirts, and closed shoes, while dresses, skirts, or dress pants are requested for ladies.

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

The short answer is wear what you want. My spouse and I enjoy getting dressed for dinner, so I tend to wear dressier dresses (Still cool and comfortable, but dressier) with high heeled sandals. Here is a pic of what I wore to Bayside at CTI. (Reservation, but not the "dressy" restaurant.)

Name:  vee_dress_small.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  54.2 KB

Others were wearing things both less and more dressy. So wear what you like.

V

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Happy to oblige:

From the Couples Brochure:

Be sure to pack lots of light and comfortable clothing—and remember to include a few nice items to wear at night! We like to think we’re pretty casual, but there are a few minor dress requirements. When dining in any of our restaurants—besides the laid-back Beach Grill—during the evening hours, we request that you keep your sneakers, shorts, t-shirts, and tank tops in your room. And while casual elegance is the preferred style at most of our restaurants, we request a slightly more upscale look at [the gourmet restaurant]. Men are asked to wear slacks, collared shirts, and closed shoes, while dresses, skirts, or dress pants are requested for ladies.

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.
    Nice work ty