Default Couples Negril Food

First Timer here looking forward to our first visit in December. I read reviews saying people love the food. What kind of food should I expect? What are your favorite dishes? Is there good junk food like Cheese Fries? Wet my appetite!

Favorite dishes:
    Rack of lamb at Helliconia
    Pad Thai at Lychee
    Entire Repeaters Dinner at Otaheite (You'll have to come back for that one)
    Smoked salmon and smoked marlin at breakfast and lunch at Cassava Terrace
    Omelets to order for breakfast at Cassava Terrace

Best junk food: All of this is at Helonica Grill next to the pool
    Onion rings (usually around 3 or 4 pm on the days when we're still so full from breakfast that we don't bother eating lunch)
    My lovely lady thinks their fries are the greatest (If you like really spicy cheese fries, use the jalopeno cheese nacho sauce next to the nacho chips)
    Coconut cookies or choco chip cookies
    Soft serve ice cream along with the soda for a self-served ice cream soda (if you're from Philly or a float if you're from that other city that played the 2008 World Series Champions this year)

Default Where to begin..

You can get all sorts of great food..
    Burgers, fries, beef, salads, lobster, sushi...
    And the list goes on and on and on..

I prefer a little of this and a little of that..
    During the daily rainshowers.. nothing can beat a Red stripe with a plate of Jerk Beef Burger...

You can see what each resturant on CN have to offer here:

http://www.couples.com/13cn/34dining.htm

IRIE MON !

The jerk burgers are the best; however the fish fingers at the Beach Grill are a close second. Lychee was our favorite; if you like sushi, you will love Lychee. Otaheite was wonderful; the pumpkin soup was out of this world delicious and the service was impeccable. All the food choices were spectacular. Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by custer View Post
    The jerk burgers are the best; however the fish fingers at the Beach Grill are a close second. Lychee was our favorite; if you like sushi, you will love Lychee. Otaheite was wonderful; the pumpkin soup was out of this world delicious and the service was impeccable. All the food choices were spectacular. Enjoy!!
    Oh do I ever feel sorry for Couples food management during our stay at CN. We luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv sushi. OTOH, everything else you and others have mentioned also sound out of this world as well.

I'll consider it a personal disappointment if Rosa and I don't GAIN weight resulting from our trip.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Nacho Bar all day long..... Jerk Chicken, and Jerk Fries at the Beach Grill, but my favorite thing about CN is the Pumpkin Soup (and I don't even like Pumpkin Pie at Otaheite!) and the never empty wine glass as there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kybluehen View Post
    favorite dishes:
    Soft serve ice cream along with the soda for a self-served ice cream soda (if you're from philly or a float if you're from that other city that played the 2008 world series champions this year)

ha ha!

I did not have anything bad. I raided the self serve ice cream machine several times a day for a cone or a float. Almost could not go in the area without getting one.
    I'll give you a tip for making cones. Tap the handle and let the maching run for a just a few seconds before dispensing the ice cream. The ice cream will come out better and not as runny.

(If you like really spicy cheese fries, use the jalapeno cheese nacho sauce next to the nacho chips)

Thats sounds great, do they have any other nacho sauce's at CN?

Thanks everyone for your comments. Can't wait to experience this for the first time in December

Default Fabulous food

You wont be hungry the whole time you are there!!!!My favorite was the buffet...a large assortment of all kinds of food!!All the restaurants were fabulous.We ate so much that we had to wake up at 5;30 AM and go to the gym and work it off!!!

This last trip was the first time I've gained weight at Couples. Two pounds over ten days wasn't too bad, though. Mainly because they've improved the desserts immensely over the past three years. In general, we hadn't gained in the past because we focus on the amazing seafood and fresh fruit, and there's only so much you can eat if you want to participate in any activities such as pool volleyball, or even floating in the pool.

The soups of the day at the Beach Bar Grill are OUTSTANDING and shouldn't be missed.

Don't be afraid to ask for extra portions and who cares about a few extra pounds. You're on vacation ENJOY IT!

Jerk Burger at the beach grill is a must.....in the afternoon, and oh, after singing to Pauls music in the piano bar at 2 am. Just the best!!!