Default Dress Code-Shoes

For the "Dinner" Restaurants at CSA it says for the dress code no flip-flops or beach slippers. For the women can we still wear a dressy sandal, such as a pair of heels? And for guys what is acceptable besides a closed toe shoe?
    And for Feathers, closed toed are required for both men and women?
    Last edited by nkweisbeck; November 9th, 2009 at 07:08 PM.

Steverandlinda - Could you please advise these good folks....I don't have it in me today LOL
    Kristen

presto!! like clockwork 7 days between show posts lol thank you nk
    pay the do and take the donts .... btw if you attempt to search on dress code or shoes you will find a weekend worth of reading on that subject.
    With regards to acceptable when in doubt crocs with sox are always a standby
    enjpy

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    With regards to acceptable when in doubt crocs with sox are always a standby
    enjpy
    If you're from Chicago, the sox should be white. If you're from boston, red.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    If you're from Chicago, the sox should be white. If you're from boston, red.
    Brilliant !!!
    i do think Bkhiattky is working on a Couples "preferred" sox and crocs combintaions. Bkhiattky please make sure you add Ron's suggestion

So besides Crocs/Socks...what is appropriate?

nkweisbeck - For men, at the restaurants that require closed shoes, there is nothing else acceptable. Closed shoes is closed shoes (I notice on the FAQ's it's closed shoes now instead of closed-toe...??). My husband wears his work shoes there (example: http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-cl.../bwxv//q/50-74). Are they a pain? Yeah. But it's that or buy new shoes for one meal. He wears them for travel to save room and weight in the suitcase. At other restaurants, he wears a pair of sandals.

For ladies, sandals are fine. The impression I get and from what I've seen, they just don't want you wearing your beach flops into the restaurants.

The responses you got are because this is one of the most common questions on this board. The "shoe questions" has turned into a sort of running joke because something so seemingly simple has blown up into major discourses in the past...it's become funny. It's not you, it's the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by smoo72 View Post
    n. . . . I notice on the FAQ's it's closed shoes now instead of closed-toe . . . .
    It's always been "closed" shoe. Years ago, someone misquoted the dress code by stating that it required "closed-toe" shoes, and the misquote has been perpetuated over and over and over and over again.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Pamela - That's kind of hilarious. It's like your mind plays tricks on you too because I swear I had seen the "closed-toe" in the FAQ's...I was probably thinking that from the message board and seeing what I expected to see. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    presto!! like clockwork 7 days between shoe posts lol thank you nk
    enjpy

LOL, That means I only have two shoe question posts till I'm at CTI*! HA!

*(I'll be wearing crocs to dinner.)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff542 View Post
    LOL, That means I only have two shoe question posts till I'm at CTI*! HA!

*(I'll be wearing crocs to dinner.)
    if there arn't pics it did'nt happen

Much better today, thanks so much Steverandlinda, AND Ron for filling in for me!! Pink crocs with one black and one white sock should do nicely. Preferably with pink lace trim at the top of the sock.

*Ron, your suggestion was noted
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    Much better today, thanks so much Steverandlinda, AND Ron for filling in for me!! Pink crocs with one black and one white sock should do nicely. Preferably with pink lace trim at the top of the sock.

*Ron, your suggestion was noted
    Nice job as always