Hybrid View

Default Randymon question

Randy we have friends at CSS this week and they have reported that people at CTI were less than thrilled.It seems the Island was shut down twice by 2:00 pm for weddings.That is a little disheartening to hear and am hoping it is misinformation.My understanding was that the Island would close at 4:00 if weddings were scheduled.Can you shed some light on this??A major part of our vacation is spent on the Island and if there is going to be a problem I would like to know way in advance.We will be going in April 2010.Thank you.

I am amazed that everyone who enjoys CTI for their Island getaway isn't jumping on this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Randymon, we need a reply.

We also spend a majority of our time on the island. There can be some days that it is to windy to get out there and if island time is going to be decreased for more weddings then we would like to know also as we are booked for March 2010.

I guess also if that is the case and they close down the island that early in the day for weddings,will you be able to go over to CSS and use Sunset Beach.If that option is provided then I personally would have less problems with it.But if that isn't the case,I do see a problem.I know Randy is away right now,perhaps Sean or someone else can provide an answer to this question.Thank you.

That might incite a riot when we are there in Dec. Liquored up naked people can be dangerous to a wedding. Ha!!

Question to the CTI vets -
    If you choose to go to cti to take pleasure in the AN experience and the wind or sea deem it too rough to make the island boat trip are you free to get nekkid on the beach ? If not what do you do?
    It sounds like the island is the only "designated" AN area can some shed some light on this thanks
    Wow i am just thinki of paying for a week at SSB and once i get there being told i can only be nekkid on these days and hours ooopphaaa

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    Question to the CTI vets -
    If you choose to go to cti to take pleasure in the AN experience and the wind or sea deem it too rough to make the island boat trip are you free to get nekkid on the beach ? If not what do you do?
    If the seas are too rough, there is no au natural option at CTI. It stinks, but its not Couple's fault. They have to consider the safety of their staff and guests.

Closing the island early for weddings is within Couples control however, and I am concerned that if the island wedding option becomes too popular, we might lose the best au natural facility in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaHound View Post
    If the seas are too rough, there is no au natural option at CTI. It stinks, but its not Couple's fault. They have to consider the safety of their staff and guests.

Closing the island early for weddings is within Couples control however, and I am concerned that if the island wedding option becomes too popular, we might lose the best au natural facility in the world.
    wow !! so there is a chance you can book a week at cti have decent "non rain" weather and still be unable to get nekkid for 30-50% of your trip? thanks for sharing

This is concerning for us as well. Closing the island at 4PM for weddings is annoying, but given that they open the island earlier on those days, It wouldn't be a show stopper. Closing the island at 2PM for weddings, especially multiple times in one week, would be a BIG issue for us. Hopefully someone at Couples can reassure us that this does not happen.

I feel the same way so I'm hoping we get an answer on this so we can all put our fears to rest.

We are supposed to close the island ONLY at 4:00 pm if we have an evening wedding reception. I will check into this.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    We are supposed to close the island ONLY at 4:00 pm if we have an evening wedding reception. I will check into this.
    Thanks Randymon!

Thanks Randy I appreciate the response and feel reassured that this will not be the the norm!!Hope England was fun for you and Debbie and successful for "Couples" as well..

I heard this allegation, too, Diane. Thanks for bringing it up on the board.

After two trips to CN, we tried CTI this year and LOVED it. 1/3 was the renovations, 1/3 was the staff, and 1/3 because we tried AN on the island and fell in love with the experience. Consequently, we booked CTI again next year.

If we were booted off the island at 2:00 twice for weddings, it would really take away from what we look forward to on our trips. I don't know what we'd do. We don't like the AN beach being exposed to the public at CN. CSS didn't do it for us, although we really liked SSB. I honestly think we'd start to look outside of Couples. I understand it's a LOT of quick revenue for Couples, but it really risks angering a lot of islanders - people who seem to be a high percentage of multi-repeat guests.

Default Get Over It!

Hey Guys,
    You people are just so nutso to RandyMon. What's the problem? The Island is just one small part of this resort. Sooo.. if you're not naked for five minutes...what happens? enjoy each other and others you meet and enjoy yourself. We're veterans to nudity but a day withouth nudity is not a day without sunshine. Love. Live. Laugh. Eat (especially at CTI). Nuf Said, Have a Marley and communicate and make friends that sometimes last a lifetime. Ok, I'm sorry I sounded off, but u guys were sounding too much like radical nudies!

Quote Originally Posted by lenandpatty View Post
    Hey Guys,
    You people are just so nutso to RandyMon. What's the problem? The Island is just one small part of this resort. Sooo.. if you're not naked for five minutes...what happens? enjoy each other and others you meet and enjoy yourself. We're veterans to nudity but a day withouth nudity is not a day without sunshine. Love. Live. Laugh. Eat (especially at CTI). Nuf Said, Have a Marley and communicate and make friends that sometimes last a lifetime. Ok, I'm sorry I sounded off, but u guys were sounding too much like radical nudies!
    No, the island is a BIG part of CTI. For many of us, it's the one and only chance we get each year to enjoy the AN experience, and we expect it to be open according to Couples' policy. What is so radical about that?

Randy,
    That is such a relief to hear that TI should only be closing at 4:00! Thank you for looking into the matter for us. As we are arriving in a few short days it would be so disappointing to have the island close at 2:00 multiple times during the week. Weather is enough of an obstacle. We are so excited to be there soon. We are counting down the hours!!

Totally agree Bruce!!It is a big part of our vacation too and I don't think anyone said anything that was over the top.What is important to one person may or may not be important to another.So for those of you who would not be effected if the Island closed early that's fine.It would impact my vacation and I would want to know if a new policy was put into effect that closed the Island that early in the day.Randy has said otherwise so it is now a non issue.
    Last edited by Justdiane; November 12th, 2009 at 03:17 PM.

LOL - I just knew that post from lenandpatty would generate an interesting response or two. Good stuff and makes for fun reading.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

We have officially published the closing time as 4:00 pm so that we can prepare the island for any private functions. That being said, selling a Private Island Wedding Reception package for US$4500 is not going to change the 5:00 pm closing time very often. In those events, we will strive to ensure that the island opens early.

Couples Resorts

Wow. Money speaks. And big money speaks loudly.

It seems that naked folks are quite territorial about their AN playground. Has this always been the policy?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    Wow. Money speaks. And big money speaks loudly.

It seems that naked folks are quite territorial about their AN playground. Has this always been the policy?
    No, it's a new policy. That's why it has people upset. Actually, we're upset about the alleged 2:00 closing - I don't think anyone is too put off by the 4:00 closing.