Default PLEASE...I need help!!

I am planning on getting married in April 2010 and need help picking a Couples resort!! It will be just the two of us and I just want it to be so romantic. We are basically looking for a laid back, romantic time, we both have kids so one-on-one time is key . So if there is anybody that would like to share their opinion I would TRULY appreciate it! I would also like to maybe hear about room choices, I would rather not be in the "middle" of things. Thank you soooo much!

Oh I envy you! I remember the fist stages of picking a Couples Resort! First thing to do is start looking at the pictures of all of the resorts. Just click on the tabs at the top of this page. Go through all of them, over and over again. Read the sample menus, check out the maps of each resort, then read as many reviews as you can. If you go to Tripadvisor.com they are listed by resort and there are replies from the management at Couples for many. One of the resorts will "call to you" it just happens that way. We've been to CSA and are counting down to our trip to CTI right now. Have fun!

We were married last March at Couple Negril and have booked for 10 days next April 7-17 again we loved it so much! A very layed back atmosphere, can be as romantic as you like it- we had the private dinner in the treehouse which was incredible. The beach is fabulous in Negril, we're beach people so that was important to us. Now that we're repeaters, we'll be spending a day at Swept Away to see how it compares with CN but we just couldn't imagine loving it any more which is why we are going back in less than 5 months! We stayed in a Garden room which was awesome- I wouldn't spend the extra money upgrading the room! Congratulations to you- you'll love it no matter which Couples you choose!

We have been to all of the Couples and they are all great! For us, the room choice is more about the location, rather than the amenities. One thing we learned is that we are hardly ever in the room, even when we were on our honeymoon

Here are some quick differences:
    CTI - Completely private beach, yet small; separate island for nude sunbathing, 5 restaurants including Bayside that sits on the water; the most inclusions (Dunn's River, catamaran cruise, horseback riding in addition to the others). Only what seems like 3 buildings (actually 5 but 2 are attached) with rooms so the resort is very compact and intimate. Everything revolves around a central location. Just underwent a $30 million renovation - new rooms, new decor, new pools, etc. Fantastic food.

CSS - the newest to the Couples resort, but not the newest built. It used to be a Grand Lido then Couples bought it. Also has a completely private beach. Separate beach for nude sunbathing. Resort is very spread out and built on cliffs. It's split into 3 different levels, lots of steps throughout. Lots of foliage and hidden spots. Does not offer a catamaran cruise. 3 restaurants but full room service. All rooms are suites with mini bars. Rooms are more hotel like as far as the decor.

CN - Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. Separate section of main beach used for nude sunbathing. Individual buildings throughout the resort for the rooms. All on beach level. Somewhat spread out. Huge main pool with swim-up bar. Rooms decorated in bright colors. 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance. All rooms have mini bars.

CSA - Sits on 7 mile beach. Separate buildings for rooms that are cabana like, dark wood and white linens. One larger building with rooms that are more hotel-like. Resort is spread out along the beach but all on beach level. Only resort with rooms right on the beach where you can walk off your first floor patio into sand. Fantastic food. Night Club. Some rooms do not have televisions. 5 restaurants.

I hope this helps! I'd be happy to share our pictures if that would help you decide (amy.welch@hotmail.com).
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Tania,

Congratulations on getting married next April! You'll find that everybody's got an opinion so you'll need to read through and see which Couples Resort really satisfies you. We were married at CSS in April 2008 and loved it!! There is a beautiful wedding gazebo overlooking the ocean that is a very romantic place to be married. The resort is multi-level and spread out like a tropical paradise with places to get away and feel as if the two of you are the only people on the resort. It has a very nice private beach with a separate and secluded AN beach for those that want the all-over tan. There are quite a few stairs but these can be good after eating a large dinner. We have stayed in an Oceanview suite on both visits and enjoyed G-block. These rooms are spacious and have a large balcony which faces west. This allows you to have a great sunset view right from your room! This block of rooms is close to the lobby and Balloon Bar but not so close that you feel "in the middle of things". We could go on describing this resort all day long, but instead will give you a link to some pictures we took on our trip last year http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7621684193991/. Hopefully this will help in making your decision.

Bart & Bug

Thanks to everyone that has answered so far. I think that I've narrowed it down to CN and CSA. The beaches are what seems to be what is grabbing me for both. Couples Negril maybe the best for future husband because he likes to "unwind" w/the TV and CSA doesn't have one in the lower cost rooms. I'll have to ask him how important that is, oh yeah, and the minibar, LOL. Would love any more input on either of these resorts, as I'm finding it VERY helpful. I also just found out that when we finish our reservations that we need our passports and we don't have them yet....any ideas on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    . . . . CN - Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance . . . .

CSA - Sits on 7 mile beach. . . .
    To clarify, both CN and CSA are located on Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile Beach is comprised of Bloody Bay, which is approximately two miles in length, and Long Bay, which is approximately five miles in length. CN is located on Bloody Bay; CSA is located on Long Bay.

CN does NOT offer 24-hour room service in ANY room category. In-suite dining is available for dinner if you book a suite. It must be reserved in advance and can be served between 6: 30 pm and 9:00 pm.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

tanias

You will find that the loyalists for each resort will respond by telling you to pick the one they liked.

Pick the one that speaks out to you. Look at as many pictures as you can find and let those features speak out.

All of Couples Resorts will offer you what you seek.

CSS is the most romantic Couples resort by far!!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Hi Tania -

We were married in Jamaica, not at a Couples resort, but I can tell you that if I had picked a Couples resort (and we had narrowed it down to Couples and one other that we eventually ended up picking) we would have chosen CSS. I haven't been there (yet) - only been to CN - and I truly thought I wanted a wedding on the beach. I instead changed my mind when I got to the resort which had a gazebo area similar to the one at CSS. BEAUTIFUL place for a wedding! I know you're leaning more towards CSA or CN but I wanted to give you my two cents. Good luck on planning!!!
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

Any Couples Resort will provide an unforgetable site for your wedding. At CSA there is a large sports complex, with large TV. Drinks are available all over the resorts, close to all rooms. Whichever you choose, you won't be sorry! The wedding consultant will be very helpful. Congratulations.

Default We chose

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    CSS is the most romantic Couples resort by far!!!
    Ok, so "I" thought we were leaning toward CN or CSA..but surprise my fiance decided he liked CSS!!! So CSS it is. I am VERY excited!!!! I found it funny that after I had posted CN or CSA that CSS came up, I guess it was meant to be LOL Now I just need to decide which penthouse suite, any more help with this decision? I have been spending so much time on the MB reading everybodys postings and looking at pics and they all seem so wonderful...we are looking for something private and quiet. I'm reading that E(?) is next to the Balloon bar and the Prime Ministers suite is very private. If we're going to pay the extra for the penthouse I just want it to be all perfect. Can't you guys tell I'm a newbie!!

Bart and Bug...Thanks your answer did help and the pictures were beautiful. We have chosen CSS to get married and honeymoon at and are very excited. Seeing that you guys are now "pros" at the wedding thing anything you can share with me as far as getting ready? Did you marry in the gazebo, use the resort photographer? It is only going to be the two of us and one of the most important things for us is the pictures, who knows when we'll be back? Thanks for any advice you can give me and for your first reply, really helped that we made the right decision for us.
    Last edited by tanias; November 10th, 2009 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tanias View Post
    Bart and Bug...Thanks your answer did help and the pictures were beautiful. We have chosen CSS to get married and honeymoon at and are very excited. Seeing that you guys are now "pros" at the wedding thing anything you can share with me as far as getting ready? Did you marry in the gazebo, use the resort photographer? It is only going to be the two of us and one of the most important things for us is the pictures, who knows when we'll be back? Thanks for any advice you can give me and for your first reply, really helped that we made the right decision for us.
    Hey Tania,

Going back a few posts you mentioned passports. They usually take about 90 days to process and post offices (not all) offer this service. We're glad our description of CSS and the pictures helped in making your decision. I'm sure you'll have equally beautiful pictures after your visit there. Well we'd hardly consider ourselves "pros" but we'll help in any way we can. You can also contact us at ecsimson at yahoo.com if you'd like. As far as things to do; once you make your reservations begin by contacting the wedding coordinator at CSS, which you can find through "Contact Us" in the left Nav Bar. Nadia is the coordinator at CSS and she is wonderful to work with and will make your wedding day go smoothly and perfect. We chose to get married in the gazebo and to use the resort photographer and videographer. The gazebo is a really special place to be married as you hear the sound of the ocean in the background. It is very picturesque! We had our wedding both photographed and video taped. Couples had a special that both (24 prints + video) was $500. It was well worth it since we went home and had our reception there and were able to have family and friends feel as if they had come to Jamaica with us. It can be just the two of you, if that's what you want. In our case we had been there for 3 days and had made friends with another couple and invited them to attend. So, if you're really friendly, you could have a lot of people that you didn't bring with you in attendance. When are you guys planning to be married? We're going back for our 2nd anniversary and will be there from 4/14-4/17 after a visit to CSA (just to check out the other side of the island). Another thing to do is choose songs for your wedding. They recommend at least 3 (processional, ceremonial and recessional). You can bring those on CD or choose from their selection. The big thing to do is relax and begin choosing your and your future husband's dress/outfits. You will find the wedding coordinator at CSS so helpful that all your worries will disappear as she walks you through the process. Again, if we can be of any help just let us know.

Congratulations!!!

Bart & Bug

Quote Originally Posted by tanias View Post
    Ok, so "I" thought we were leaning toward CN or CSA..but surprise my fiance decided he liked CSS!!! So CSS it is. I am VERY excited!!!! I found it funny that after I had posted CN or CSA that CSS came up, I guess it was meant to be LOL Now I just need to decide which penthouse suite, any more help with this decision? I have been spending so much time on the MB reading everybodys postings and looking at pics and they all seem so wonderful...we are looking for something private and quiet. I'm reading that E(?) is next to the Balloon bar and the Prime Ministers suite is very private. If we're going to pay the extra for the penthouse I just want it to be all perfect. Can't you guys tell I'm a newbie!!
    Just don't expect the soft white sandy beaches at CSS like there are at CN and CSA.

This decision is going to drive you nuts! But just remember: The reason the decision is so though is because they all have their strong points. There is no wrong decision. No mater which one you go to, you will not be dissapiointed.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015