Thread: Dilemma

Default Dilemma

Okay... So we are booked for Sept 1-15 at CTI and are now having second thoughts that we should be at CSA... I really wanted to swim with dolphins on my honeymoon but we both love the idea of 7 miles of beach and picture postcard sunsets... Does anyone have any advice for us? We will be having our ceremony and honeymoon there so we want romance as well as activities to participate in (we are active) as well as somewhere to lounge and enjoy the moment. Thank you.

Very Respectfully,

Jen & Ian

15 nights? Split it between the two.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Would splitting time between the 2 resorts be an option for you?
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

Change - no problem mon! TI and CSA are completely different and if one offers the activities you want then make the change. If you desire a long beach to walk on then CSA is your resort.
    ... it keepsh me shane

You are taking a long enough trip to have the best of both worlds!!! Split your time between the two.
    Kristen

Definitely do a split if you can't decide! CTI and CSA are our favorites out of them all so for 2011 we booked a split too! 5 nights at each. Couples will provide your transportation between them. You could do 7 nights at each and get the best of both worlds!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I think we have decided that splitting it isn't something we want to do. I would hate to get settled into the groove of CSA only to have to pack up say goodbye and drive (I get motion sickness on long rides that are bumpy; but I'm working on a remedy or valium before the trip) 3 1/2 hours to a new resort to figure out.

I don't want to sound lazy or anything, but we are planning on getting married on this trip, so the less travelling, the more local excursions and resort activities the better. I think that I will just have to postpone my initial dream to swim with dolphins on my honeymoon to another time and place. I will make the compromise and we will have a wonderful time at CSA! I just have to get in touch with the resort and the wedding coordinator and the photographer and we are all set! No worries mon! 297 days till we arrive!!!

Mahalo.

Quote Originally Posted by jen_n_ian View Post
    I think we have decided that splitting it isn't something we want to do. I would hate to get settled into the groove of CSA only to have to pack up say goodbye and drive (I get motion sickness on long rides that are bumpy; but I'm working on a remedy or valium before the trip) 3 1/2 hours to a new resort to figure out.

I don't want to sound lazy or anything, but we are planning on getting married on this trip, so the less travelling, the more local excursions and resort activities the better. I think that I will just have to postpone my initial dream to swim with dolphins on my honeymoon to another time and place. I will make the compromise and we will have a wonderful time at CSA! I just have to get in touch with the resort and the wedding coordinator and the photographer and we are all set! No worries mon! 297 days till we arrive!!!

Mahalo.
    Good job in making a decision based on your gut...uh, pardon the pun.

While there's no doubt that the length of time you're devoting to your weddingmoon would have easily allowed for a split stay, only you and yours can really decide what's in your best interests, and in this case, it's one resort only. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever, and in fact, as you pointed out, some advantages to sticking to one locale. I hope and trust your experience will hold the memories of a lifetime.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Thank you so much!

While we were returning in October from CN, our driver said they were building a new facility like the one in Ocho Rios to swim with the dolphins. He said it was supposed to be open in May 2010. I believe it is in the area of Lucea.