Default Repeaters Dinner

I know this is probably on here somewhere, but I have to ask. This is our fourth trip to CSA,and we have never been to the repeaters dinner, as we always have had other couples with us that could not go. This year we are bringing 3 other couples, but two of them are repeaters so they will be able to go. My question is what is the dress code for the guys? Most of the time they just want to wear dress shorts and sandals, is that ok? We are going the first of Dec. and are very excited. See you then CSA!

Most men wear khakis or dress pants with button down shirt. But we were just at CSA and quite a few men were in nice shorts with polo shirts.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Alot of folks dress as if they were going to one of the reservation restaurants. Can't say I remember anyone wearing shorts and sandals.
    Lew

I wore nice shorts and a button down shirt. It is in Patois, and gets pretty warm with all those people.

Last time I wore nice shorts and a polo shirt. I felt a little underdressed. This trip I will wear slacks as if I were going to Feathers.

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

There are assigned moderators on this board but it seems that some other people take it upon themselves to chastise those that post previously asked/answered questions. This board is for everyone to ask what they wish. If they don't conduct searches big deal! Don't let these folks discourage you. Answering questions whether previously asked or not just keeps my glorious memories of Couples fresh.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Quote Originally Posted by gravysgal View Post
    There are assigned moderators on this board but it seems that some other people take it upon themselves to chastise those that post previously asked/answered questions. This board is for everyone to ask what they wish. If they don't conduct searches big deal! Don't let these folks discourage you. Answering questions whether previously asked or not just keeps my glorious memories of Couples fresh.
    And there are certain people like you that makes us feel welcome to ask questions. Some answer so gratefully and are so full of information and don't seem to mind answering over and over again. In my short time, I have seen some questions repeated but it never fails to amaze me that someone will answer and that answer will be different than ones I have seen before and I still learn something new. It does seem like there are two or three (maybe just a few more) who like to "help" moderate and TELL you that the question has been asked and to search. But fortunately there are SO many more that are more than willing to share their knowledge over and over again. We are 10 days away from our first trip to Couples (CN) and this message board has provided me a TON of information. I hope no one is ever afraid to ask or gets intimidated by some responses.

Thanks cleversole and gravysgal well said and they dont discourage me at all. Some people on this board think they know everything just because they have been to Couples half a dozen times. I noticed that the ones that leave those comments leave it for other people too. I love Couples and I feel that this board is for everyone to ask anything they would like to. I have better things to do (like planning to leave for CSA in 3 weeks) than to criticize people and leave rude comments about their posts. Thanks for all your suggestions about the repeat dinner dress. See you soon CSA!

Quote Originally Posted by jamaica_hooked View Post
    Well I am sorry that I am not as experienced as you on this message board. Just wanted to get some ideas from other people. Thanks everyone for your suggestions, will keep that in mind. Sounds to me like some people on this board needs a vacation, no problem mon!
    People are pretty uptight about clothes. Just wear what you want, you will be fine. It is too hot in there to wear a jacket, so slack/shorts and a nice shirt. No problems.

I was just at the Repeaters Dinner on Monday night. Our invite said 'resort casual' and every male in our group of 6 couples wore shorts. It seemed to me most of the men were wearing shorts but I guess I couldn't swear to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kttchwaugh View Post
    I was just at the Repeaters Dinner on Monday night. Our invite said 'resort casual' and every male in our group of 6 couples wore shorts. It seemed to me most of the men were wearing shorts but I guess I couldn't swear to it.
    This is what I saw last year, nice shorts and a nice shirt.

My husband wears long linen pants with a button down short sleeve casual dress shirt and we found some great slip on shoes by Skechers that feel like slippers to him - that solves the sandal problem for men but yet casual and comfortable. I wear a simple cotton dress with nice looking flip-flop style sandals. we have never had a problem.

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by kttchwaugh View Post
    What did you get to eat / drink?
    Thanks

I'm a multi-time repeater to CSA and LOVE answering even much-asked questions - it makes me feel connected to the resort....The only question I'll never answer is "what's the number of your favorite room" as I want to keep THAT info to myself!!!!

So just ask away and never mind the ppl who reference the FAQs (although you'll probably want to check there anyway, just to be sure)....there are those of us that will be more than happy to talk about long pants vs. shorts and "what exactly constitutes a closed toe shoe" til the cows come home!! (or in the case of Jamaica, more likely til the goats come home)....

Respect....

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Most men wear khakis or dress pants with button down shirt. But we were just at CSA and quite a few men were in nice shorts with polo shirts.
    Rich is guilty as charged. Hey we miss you guys already!
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

What night is the repeaters dinner at CSA?

The repeater's dinner is Monday nights. I totally forget what our appetizer was. The soup was a red pea something or other that was delicious. Tenderloin and Lobster were the main course. A cheesecake for dessert. There was a vegetarian option I believe but otherwise everyone got the same thing. It was absolutely delicious. Every bit of it.

Monday night.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

SweptAway's dinner, as I recall is Monday evening... don't forget to try the rum tasting! woohoo!

Our experience at several repeater's dinners is that the chef, kitchen and wait staff always out-do themselves. We have a favorite (Dec. 07) during which a young up&coming chef (Carlos) was on staff there, and his dinner was amazing!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Rum tasting? Where and when?

Chris, we remember Carlos as well. his dinner was one of the more memorable one we have attended.

Randy

Everyone, don't forget the Manager's coctail party that's held in a conference room across from the Aura Lounge before the Repeaters coctail party. We attended both last December and the Manager's party was in our opinion much better. It was way less crowded, the food was great and the drinks awesome as always. You also get to meet all of the managers in one place which was very nice.

We loved the Managers cocktail party! Great mento band!