Results 1 to 13 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default should we do a split trip?

    Has anyone ever done a split trip between CN and CSA? If so what did you think......did it cost more or was it more of a hassle? Any feedback would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default split between CSA and CN

    We did a split in Jan 09 first week at CSA and then CN loved it.We are doing a split between CTI and CN next month.
    You can't really compare resorts both are wonderful.I don't think it cost more. The beaches are different but both are good CN is a little smaller than CSA-we felt at home at both resorts. It was fun going down the road to CN after a week at CSA and we thought if we missed CSA- we could go back on a day pass. Good people, food and fun at both resorts.

    Daryl and Rachelle

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dc&rt View Post
    We did a split in Jan 09 first week at CSA and then CN loved it.We are doing a split between CTI and CN next month.

    Daryl and Rachelle
    I'll be very interested in your feedback upon your return, as these are the two resorts we're staying at in April.
    Ron

    Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

  4. #4

    Default

    We ar doing a split stay for our Honeymoon... We are staying at CTI for 4 nights and CSA for 8 nights.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    230

    Default CN/CSA Split trip

    Hi -

    We've split our 2 week trip between CN and CSA the last couple of years, and it's great. The ambiance is totally different from each other, so it's like a different vacation.

    CN, like the other posters have written, is very centrally located, with all the rooms situated in a horseshoe around the pool and beach. You're never more than a few steps from anything. CSA, on the other hand, is very long and narrow, and it's a walk to either end.

    The rooms are comparible, maybe a slight nod to CSA, depending on the room category. If you like to watch weddings, CSA is for you. It's a wedding factory - several per day to watch.

    We both like the beach at CN better, deeper and more shade. We like the self-serve bar at CN, but feel the beach waiters are more efficient at CSA. CN has less vendors hawking wares, also.

    CN, we think, has a bit more friendly atmosphere, probably because it is smaller and more intimate. The sunsets in December are better at CSA, because the sun sets over the ocean, not the tip of the peninsula.

    The food - well, that's a toss up! Hubbie likes CN food just a tad better, and I like CSA food just a tad better! I like the sit-down breakfast idea at CSA, and the lunch pizza is wonderful! Hubbie likes the Thai restaurant at CN better than CSA.

    The transfer is seamless - be in the lobby at noon, and an hour later, you're on the beach at the other resort. No time wasted even in changing clothes - we just go in coverups and shorts. Keep in mind you must fill out new paperwork at the new resort.

    Though we're staying solely at CN this year (Hubbie got his way, the spoiled brat), if you're staying over 8 days, I'd go for the split. Any less than that, and you'd be spending too much time getting to know the new resort. Be careful, though. Some of the specials require a 5-night stay at one resort.

    Have fun!
    Beergirl

  6. #6

    Default

    our CN/CSA spilt was just awesome! DO IT!!!
    Lew

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beergirl View Post
    Hi -

    We've split our 2 week trip between CN and CSA the last couple of years, and it's great. The ambiance is totally different from each other, so it's like a different vacation.

    CN, like the other posters have written, is very centrally located, with all the rooms situated in a horseshoe around the pool and beach. You're never more than a few steps from anything. CSA, on the other hand, is very long and narrow, and it's a walk to either end.

    The rooms are comparible, maybe a slight nod to CSA, depending on the room category. If you like to watch weddings, CSA is for you. It's a wedding factory - several per day to watch.

    We both like the beach at CN better, deeper and more shade. We like the self-serve bar at CN, but feel the beach waiters are more efficient at CSA. CN has less vendors hawking wares, also.

    CN, we think, has a bit more friendly atmosphere, probably because it is smaller and more intimate. The sunsets in December are better at CSA, because the sun sets over the ocean, not the tip of the peninsula.

    The food - well, that's a toss up! Hubbie likes CN food just a tad better, and I like CSA food just a tad better! I like the sit-down breakfast idea at CSA, and the lunch pizza is wonderful! Hubbie likes the Thai restaurant at CN better than CSA.

    The transfer is seamless - be in the lobby at noon, and an hour later, you're on the beach at the other resort. No time wasted even in changing clothes - we just go in coverups and shorts. Keep in mind you must fill out new paperwork at the new resort.

    Though we're staying solely at CN this year (Hubbie got his way, the spoiled brat), if you're staying over 8 days, I'd go for the split. Any less than that, and you'd be spending too much time getting to know the new resort. Be careful, though. Some of the specials require a 5-night stay at one resort.

    Have fun!
    Beergirl
    Man, what a great comparison between the two resorts. We are going to CN for our first trip in just 10 days. We will only be there for 5 days so a split wasn't a good option for this time, but hope to return frequently. I hadn't really considered a split but with the review and the comparison, such a perfect way to go through the two, we might consider it later on. Very well written and stated.

  8. #8

    Default

    Thanks for all the great info. so far. We have been to CN twice and want to go there, but are thinking about doing a split trip only because my brother-n-law is getting married at CSA so it is either a split trip or get a day pass to CSA for the wedding because we really want to go back to CN where we were married and like to vacation

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    126

    Default

    The day passes are only available on Mon-Wed-Fri, so if the wedding is on a different day you will need to make your own arrangements for transportation and may be charged a day pass fee at CSA.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    206

    Default

    My husband and I couldn't go back without going to CN so we are doing 7 days at CN and 5 at CTI...can't wait!

  11. #11

    Default Another split vacation

    Funny, we're doing the exact same thing - 7 @ CN (where we're getting married) and will end with 5 at CTI. We'll be arriving at CN in 9 days ...

    Quote Originally Posted by hillystyles View Post
    My husband and I couldn't go back without going to CN so we are doing 7 days at CN and 5 at CTI...can't wait!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Oh quick question...since I'm not going just down the road...can anyone tell me if we have to pay for a car or do we take a shuttle back to the airport or will the desk arrange it for us?

  13. #13

    Default

    We had a great split in 2007 with 3 nights at CN and 4 at CSA. We really wanted to see both resorts after spending time at COR/CtI in 2005. Loved both resorts, though too short a stay to do everything! Back to CTI in 2011! Too many days away!
    Transfer is free, and when the shuttle did not arrive at scheduled time, Couples paid the taxi for us. 5 minute drive and you are there! Pain free!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •