Default When is the saddest moment?

Is it looking out at the swim-up bar and seeing your friends lifting their drinks in a farewell salute?
    (This picture was only taken 3.5 days ago, but we miss you already, Michelle, Jaime, Mike and Emma)

Is it boarding the shuttle bus?
    Is it boarding the plane home?
    Is it doing laundry and seeing some residual sand left in the dryer?
    Or is it turning the phone back on and finding 40 or more voice mails, returning to the office and discovering NOBODY did ANYTHING to cover for you while you were gone?

Or is it realizing the countdown to your next visit is back in triple digits again?

Right before leaving CN, I told the lovely sympathetic people at the front desk that, in addition to the cool wet washcloths they hand us upon arrival, they should give us handkerchiefs as we leave.

No problem, mon. We'll be back....
    and then everything will be irie.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

GREAT Photo!! We want to be there Right Now!!!
    Art xo Francine

It's having breakfast in our traveling clothes while everyone else is in their swimsuits and cover-ups.

But as a wise man once said, you must leave in order to have the excitement of coming back!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    It's having breakfast in our traveling clothes while everyone else is in their swimsuits and cover-ups.

But as a wise man once said, you must leave in order to have the excitement of coming back!
    This is so true!

Walking through the resort fully dressed with our carry on bag :-( to the lobby to check out.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Actually, my saddest moment is when we leave the house to head to the airport. I feel so guilty leaving my dogs. Dasher will be 14 on Christmas Eve, and Rudy turned 12 a couple of months ago. Rudy has suffered a profound sight loss over the last two years, and Dasher is losing his hearing. They become so out of sorts now, nothing like when they were younger. Even though we have a great petsitter who stays with them while we're away, they're always so out of sorts when we return. In August, Rudy laid on Kevin's lap and cried when we returned. It broke my heart.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

After 7 days, we are usually ready to get back to the kids and a normal life. I guess I can only handle so much relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post

You nailed it!

It's when we get our "eviction" notice that last afternoon !!

Whenever I see a couple walking by the beach in full clothes behind the bags I tell my wife"step off to the side and let them pass,dead man walking" Poor things!!!!!

Default Good Bye

Two things are sad on our last day.

Seeing the "Good Bye Band" playing outside the lobby.

Attachment 3047

And then Curtis, with TimAir, showing up with the "Good Bye Plane".

Attachment 3048

The good thing is that flying back to MoBay on TimAir it allows you two more hours on the beach. We go over to the health club and shower. Couples then sends a van to take us to the Negril air strip.

It will be my first time at CTI in 46 days! However, we frequent Jamaica and it's various resorts. The saddest moments for me are...packing (you don't take great care in bringing it back but I at least fold it, throw it in and make sure it fits!) The morning you leave, we get up earlier than usual to try and get a quick breakfast (but at CTI, I think we will order room service, never had that option at any other resort...yeah mon!). The night before we secretly despise the people who just got there (I also try and remember; they left a similar environment to mine yearning for some relief!)We try and hype them up for their stay! We stay out very late and may be the last people up! If we drink to much, we sleep on the shuttle ride to the airport (even if I do not drink alot the night before, I look at every mountain we pass on the ride to the airport and usually fall asleep anyway!) Finally, when we have two days left, we run around telling people who are leaving before us (in random conversations that arise) that we still have one more day! I call our last day the day of doom, my boyfriend calls it the dog days! We hate those random conversations where someone asks, "how long are you staying?" and we have to break our bad news! I do recall that, on our last full day, we always look at the caribbean sea for a long time, even at night we look out into the darkness and listen to the waves!

Default Socks are EVIL

Hi -

The saddest part of leaving the resort is having to put on SOCKS!! They strangle your ankles, and make your feet HOT and uncomfortable!

Then, as your socks are cutting off the circulation in your feet, you have to put on CLOTHES!! After a week or 10 days in nothing but swim suits and loose comfortable clothes, any elastic or belt seems to bind. Of course, it's because you've gained 5 LBS from the delicious food!

Finally, the monster SHOES have to get put on and tied. Your vacation is officially over...

We agree with ALL of the Above....
    But on the flip side/ The happiest part of vacation..... we LOVE arriving and especially LOVE that first morning when we wake up and realize that we are back in Paradise at CN and have the full week to look forward to...
    Art xo Francine