Default Thanksgiving @ CSA

My wife and I will be at CSA Nov. 21-28 (our first trip) and I'm curious if there are any special meals/activities on Nov. 26th which is Thanksgiving in the US?

Hello tommcd24!! I asked the same question on another thread and haven't gotten an answer yet. We'll be at CSA from 11/24 - 11/29 and Thanksgiving, the 26th is our anniversary. Curious to know what the menu is that day but I guess I have to keep something a suprise since I have gotten every bit of needed info off this MB til now. See you there!

hmm intresting...canadas thanksgiving is in oct..americans are nov...but i dont think the pilgrams were in jamica..so do they even celebrate it????

I asked that question also. It's our 5th anniversary and we will be there from 11/20-11/27. See you there. Mary Ann & Luis

mmm...jerk turkey..lol

I realize Thanksgiving isn't a Jamaican holiday, although if I remember my history correctly Columbus did spend some time in the Carribean, and maybe even Jamaica itself?

Anyway, from research I've done and the apparent prevalence of the US dollar, etc. I was just curious if there was going to be anything special. Doesn't really matter either way as I'm sure every day will be special.

Mary Ann & Luis - we're celebrating our 10th anniversary a month late, as I work for an Ag coop, so vacations during harvest aren't possible. Maybe we'll run into you down there.

Hi All -

We've spent the last 5 or so years at CSA over T'giving....There aren't any pictures of turkeys or pilgrims, but they do have a nice T'giving dinner....We've always eaten at Feathers, and they offer turkey and some sides. I honestly can't recall if the turkey is jerk, but I believe it was pretty traditionally done. We always take the time to express how very very thankful we are that we don't have to figure out who's side of the family to spend the holiday with!!

And the staff does take the time to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving....

Enjoy your vacay!

PS - with the economy, we're putting off our Thanksgiving trip to next year at the same time, so this year we're faced with the "who's side of the family" question....it's so much easier to go away!!

"Columbus did spend some time in the Caribbean, and maybe even Jamaica itself?"

Yes, Discovery Bay in St Ann's... Columbus Park is there

We were at CSA Thanksgiving 2008 and will be there this year as well 11-26 thru 12-6...They actually did serve Turkey and all the fixins which we really enjoyed as we were not expecting it...I hope they do the same this year

Lisa and Tim...FW-TX

thats awsome..but do jamaicains have a thanks giving type of holiday???..

nosnow -- THANKS for the idea !!! I normally deep fry our turkey and just use the normal seasonings, but this year its gonna be a Deep Fried Jerk Turkey !!!! Woo-hoo !!!
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Do they have all the regular activities that they normaly would.

Quote Originally Posted by markandjannett View Post
    nosnow -- THANKS for the idea !!! I normally deep fry our turkey and just use the normal seasonings, but this year its gonna be a Deep Fried Jerk Turkey !!!! Woo-hoo !!!
    lol...thats great!!!..save me some..lol

"...but do jamaicans have a thanks giving type of holiday???.. "

Jamaicans have Labor Day, Independence Day, and Emancipation Day, plus the Christian holidays most other countries celebrate.

It is funny you brought it up. I am looking forward to Christmas in Jamaica- no deciding whose side of the family to visit at what time as no matter what no one ends up happy with the time they get!!

Default Jerk Turkey

Sorry nosnow --- There's nothing left ..... The Jerk Turkey was a hit with everybody !!! I injected a jerk marinade and then put a dry jerk rub under the skin and on the outside. Awesome !!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

lol man that looks good!!!!...im leaving for jerk chicken in 3 hours!!!!