Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Welcome to the new Couples Message Board

Greetings to all:

Welcome to the NEW Couples Resorts Message Board. Please review FAQ section, register and have fun.

Randy Russell
    CRO and SVP
    Couples Resorts

Couples Resorts

Default New look !

Hey everyone , Randymon and Co. have been busy!
    Looks great!

Hi everyone. Is couples going to import the posts from the old message board into the new one. Being unsure of what system (specifically database) the old mb uses, it shouldn't be to difficult to write some scripts to do the importing into the new mb database.

I think it will remain searchable, but not "imported" into any existing forum. Is this correct Randy?

well i am certainly having fun with the new message board. lots of great features. hope everyone transitions well to it.

Randy

I agree Randy. I'm having a good time with it too! And it seems to update quicker than the old one. Perhaps because there are not many posting to it yet. It is fun to see how many times a topic has been viewed or replied to. That is fun.

Well, it is going to take a little getting used to, but it sure looks like it is a great improvement. Hope I have time at work today to play with it! Should be fun, thanks Couples again, you just keep getting better and better!
    Melody

Lost..I am simply LOST on how to use this MB.

Hugs

TW

It has BIG print capabilities for those days our eyes fail us.

If you click on the HELP and ask your question someone will response with help.

For many it will be a learning curve to understand new features being introduced but for the most part it has the same features plus a few added bells and whistles.

One feature you'll notice is the categories are now a seperate section listed in the pink bar at the top.

Sorry TW there is NO dedicated Salty Dog section.

I am loving this....although I still can't do anything fancy, like type in color LOL SO I am giving all this a try and it probably won't work

Looka like I have some learnin to do. Hope this works?

Randy & Couples IT staff -- this is awesome. Now I don't have to try to remember my HTML class (thank you!) .

The most painful part was waiting for my confirmation email.

Tommy: You CAN DO IT!!! (and we can have on-site remedial training if needed).

So far so good. I was able to re-register with no problems. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!! Am looking forward to see what else couples has up its sleeves.

made the switch to the new side, yay! good job couples...always coming up with something new for us

Kristin,

To type in color, simply select the drop down (arrow) next to the "A" with the black color bar and select the color you want, like red or blue. It works very similar to most word processing programs like Word.

Randy - I tried to bookmark the new message board, but it appears that the URL is the same as the old one. Any suggestions?

It is going to take a little while to get use to this, but I think I am going to like it.

Great Job Randymon and Company!

Don't like it, didn't like the questions asked when signing up. You took a great MB and made it less so.

The new message board is great. Love the layouy and all the new features.

Quote Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
    Don't like it, didn't like the questions asked when signing up. You took a great MB and made it less so.
    FWIW, VBulletin is pretty much the standard of web message boards everywhere. Common features that didn't work on the previous format, like image tags and such, work fantastically here.

The organization of forums and sub-forums should keep things a little more simple as well, as opposed to the wall of posts with no formatting.

That said, you can't please everyone, and I'm sure you won't be the only one to not like it. Do give it a chance, however.

Love the new message board. I think it is going to take me a little while to figure it all out though! Have a great day everyone!

Got signed up this morning and was thankful to get my same user name. Looking forward to seeing how this new board works out. I am sure there will be a big learning curve for some of us but it should be worth it.

Kevin

How do I make the smileys?

Default Test

Just wanted to test the new site to see if it works....

Spell check is a great asset...

Thanks. It will take some getting use to but change is good...

Hello bacdoc!

There are two options when you are posting a message. You will see a tab that says post reply (this is found right below the last post) When you click that, as supposed to the large quick reply box slightly lower, you get more options for posting...like smileys! Let me know if this helps you figure it out.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast