Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CSS minibar

Default CSS minibar

Hi

I was look @ my room type (one bedroom ocean suit w/balcony) . Is there a mini-fridge in that type of room?? and is there any wine,whisky,rum or vodka in the rooms ?

Thanks all

Our minibar was on our balcony along with the tea/coffee making facility. Each day you are left an order form where you can request which drinks you would like. Just tick the box and you will be delivered full-sized bottles of spirits. If you want wine, hand-write this on the form and if you are lucky you would get a bottle, but not always. But a quick call to room service solved this problem!

All the rooms at CSS have minibars. I never really checked anything extra. We were happy with what we had. I mostly drank the water and/or soda. I do not drink coffee, so diet pepsi is my caffiene in the morning. I had plenty to drink during the day, or before I got to the room, so I did not need anything else. My husband is a rum drinker, and he can outdrink me quite easily. He did drink in the room, but when it got low, they replenished the bottle. Had no problem.
    Linda

Here's the mini bar request form that was in our room every day at CSS (we were in a Penthouse Ste, but I think it was the same in every room):

Name:  CSS.Rm.D21.Minibar_08.09.jpg
Views: 1881
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  CSS.Rm.D21.MiniBar.RequestForm_08.09.jpg
Views: 1883
Size:  32.7 KB

Max of 1 diet coke? Blasphemous.

I am sure you can ask for more. We asked for lots of water and diet pepsi last time, I think they gave us 6 of each every day... But that was CSA.

Default mini bar

We loved the mini bar and room service at CSS. The bottled Pepsi was great and kept me going all week. The large bottles were a big surprise when we ckd off what we wanted. Rum whiskey vodka and gin all you want and need.

Most days our mini bar attendant would not sway from the amounts on the list. We had to stock our own extra waters from the bars. And, actually, one day he took the extra waters OUT OF our fridge (only happended that one time, though) !! So, we went & got more from the Balloon Bar after dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    Max of 1 diet coke? Blasphemous.

I am sure you can ask for more. We asked for lots of water and diet pepsi last time, I think they gave us 6 of each every day... But that was CSA.
    We were at CSS in March and I just crossed out the "1" and put in "2" or "3" and got them no problem.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I guess we must have had a real stickler (or someone new, maybe), since that rarely worked for me !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    We were at CSS in March and I just crossed out the "1" and put in "2" or "3" and got them no problem.

Default mini bat up charges

Hi - are the bottles that get delivered to the mini bar included or are you charged separately for them. I noticed on the order form ticket that spirits are listed as upgrade items. Thanks

We were at CSS in August, the Mini bar was great and filled daily. However if we still needed more than what the minibar held, all we had to do was simply called the 24hr room service, which CSS has; and in minutes it was at our door. We wanted for nothing.

Just a quick point - if you are wine drinkers, like us, you can order wine and sparkling wine from room service. The mini bar attendants at CSS cant provide it.

The mini bar was excellent, although we typically were only drinking the water and maybe a beer or two out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gottalovehedo View Post
    Hi - are the bottles that get delivered to the mini bar included or are you charged separately for them. I noticed on the order form ticket that spirits are listed as upgrade items. Thanks
    EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED AT COUPLES (except the spa services and some off site excursions.)
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Here is a pic of our's in a 1 bdrm oceanview w/balcony
    Last edited by Mzambo; February 15th, 2010 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks for the info.

Mzambo---- we have the same room type, what block were you in and was it ok? have any pix of the room ,was the balcony big?

is it possible to get rum cream/ Baileys in the mini bar to have with coffee and is Crown Royal available at the resort and/or for the room?

My husband is a Crown Royal drinker. Do they have premium brands such as that? And can we get a certain brand put in our rooms? Certain brands of liquor trigger a migraine for him so he's pretty strict on what he drinks.
    Thanks for any info...

We never opened the cabiet next to the refrigerator... SO that IS where they keep the liquor. LOL - we stayd in Building E and the bar was just a few steps away so we never wanted for any alcohol.

I wish I was back there right now so I could open that darn cabinet, just to see what is inside.
    ... it keepsh me shane

We too are curious if you can get Rum Cream in the room. It tastes great in morning coffee or in the morning without coffee.

Dang, I just saw the pix of the in room coffee makers...I didn't even look for one. We just called room service and they brought fresh brewed to us!

What about ice for mixed drinks? Do they deliver ice via room service or is there an ice machine somewhere?

They used to have a much more open policy about the mini bar, but I think part of the reason they tend to limit it now has to do with inventory. They don't have very many rooms, and there are lots of bars to stock. I can't imagine people would be happy if they were unable to get water from the bar, but every room had multiple bottles stashed largely unused in the fridge.

If you don't get what you want in the fridge, just ask politely at a bar on your way back to your room or call down to room service. You could also ask the mini-bar stock guy if you see him near your room during the day. They do tend to be quite accomodating, as long as you're reasonable and polite.

When we were there,last Feb 10,we had the same room type.
    We would ask the guy who stocked the mimi bar when we saw him in the morning, and he would bring me what ever I ask for(within reason),
    And if you need more water ,well we ask at the bars for water and put them in you room throught the day . SO, " No Problem"

I'm confused, please help me! I can get a WHOLE BOTTLE of liquor but only 20 ox of coke? is this correct? And "upgrades" on the list are included in the all-inclusive price?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast