Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Bring a collapsible suitcase/bag for extras you accumulate on your trip

They also provide Mosquito candles in your room for free. Just ask for a few.

I read on the board that many other people are getting very near to their first trip to a Couples resort much like my future wife and myself. It took me forever to remember what this thread was so I could find it to make a final list. I was fortunate to see somebody post on this a few months ago so I thought I would bump this to the first page for people that haven't seen it yet. This thread contains EXCELLENT info.

Great thread! Definitely using that list.

6 days to go and re-reading this thread for probably the 5th time! For the beer koozies, should we bring them for bottles or cans? Are the 16 oz. Tervis glasses big enough? When buying rum, once we get past security, do they supply carriers or should we bring our own? Can OTC meds be packed in checked luggage or do those need to be in our carry-on? Thank you for all of the wonderful advice. I love this thread!

You can always use the bottle koozies for the cans, just fold the neck down! No 16 oz's. Rum purchases past security are put in a carry box, but once you get to the main land you have to put it in your check bag, so make sure you have some padding to put around it. Enjoy, hope you get this before you leave!

h2otoes,

I'll take a shot at your questions. In the past we have tried both the 16oz tervis and the larger size (not sure how many ounces). I would say it depends on what you are using them for. For beer and soda, the large cup works great, for mixed drinks and coffee, the 16 oz might be better. When buying rum, if you buy it before you go through security, it will have to go in your checked luggage. You cannot carry it through security. If you wait to buy your rum at the airport after you go through security, it will be put in a carrier box and you can carry it on the plane. If you are not using resort credit to buy your rum, we have found airport prices and selection to be better. If you do not have a direct flight home, you might want to check with the airline about carrying on your rum when you change planes. Finally, OTC meds can go in your suitcase.

We have only been to CTI, and are returning this year. I have noticed on this thread, that packing lists are different depending on which resort you go to, and how active you plan to be with excursions. My husband and I checked out alot of the excursions our first trip, and agree that we just want to chill and relax this time. That being said, this is our list for our 7 day trip to CTI, this July.

Vacation Packing List

* Ginger chews
    • Alcohol swabs with benzocaine.
    • OTC drugs, pack in plastic bags.
    • Antacid.
    • Emergen-C packets
    • Hydrocortisone cream.
    • Skintastic bug spray
    • Sunscreen and lots of it
    • Aloe
    • Lip balm with sunscreen.

• Moisturizer.
    • Conditioner for your hair.

• Sunglasses.
    *. Bifocal glasses
    *. Reading glasses
    *. Small lense cleaning kit.
    • Eyeglass repair kit.
    *. Extra contact lenses (wearing older ones on the flight)
    *. Contact solution and lens case

• Pocket sized wet wipes
    • Small packets of cleaning wipes. Woolite, Shout etc.
    • Febreeze.

-----------------
    * plastic shoe holder to be placed on bathroom door for sundries
    • Ziplock bags various sizes for packing and keeping things dry.
    • Extra hangers if you need more than 10.
    • Beer Koozies, hard plastic cups fit well and stay cold.
    Our hot/cold mugs
    • 3M adhesive hooks for room.
    • Plastic hangers with attached clothespin.

----------------
    • Beach bag, for your things while on the beach or at pool. Can also use as a carry on.
    • Pens in your carryon
    • Old watch for your beach bag for excursions and stuff.
    • Flash light for late night walks.
    • night light.

• Book(s). And/or load Nook books on IPad
    • IPOD and charger. (WITH • Reggae music.)
    • Noise cancelling headphones for flight.
    • Dice cup with dice for playing bar dice., and cards
    • Power strip.
    • Extension cord.. For sleep apnea machine

• Small bills for tips outside the resort.
    • Photocopy passports, place in both pieces of luggage..

• A downloaded movie on your IPhone.

• Bags for dirty clothes.

For resort employees and their children.Chocolate.School supplies, bags with holes punched and ribbon with sharpie, card inside describing items and employees name.

*. Gatorade powder ( in case of stomach issues)
    . Solo cups for room mini bar
    . Bottle opener

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< ><><>
    For her;
    3-sundresses and 1-maxi for evening
    Flat or low healed metallic sandles for evening
    2-nice shorts with tops

For him;
    2- nice shorts with nice collared shirts for evening
    1- linen pants
    Woven slip on shoes for evening

• Several swim suits.
    • Cover ups and flip flops

• Hats

• Shoes & Sandles are broken in.
    • ??Water shoes or socks for excursions.??

Yes, this seems detailed for those of us used to packing. . Just thought this might help any newcomers.
    Becky and Bud, VA, USA
    CTI 6/30 - 7/5/2011
    CTI 7/2 - 7/10/2013

Here is the Tervis Tumbler that I brought. Filled with Appleton VX and tonic.

Name:  vx and tonic.jpg
Views: 2856
Size:  15.3 KB

36 days!!!!!!

Thanks for the info in this thread!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bek63 View Post
    Ok, we are going to need a cord for this same reason. Anyone know how far from the beds at CSS Ocean Suites is the nearest power outlet?
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

The only problem I have with the tervis cups are they dont wash well. They get very coudy and look dirty.

Default Wow that is a detailed list...

.Ipad now has a static screen so you can read in the sun...also take extra sunglasses...we lose a pair everytime!

Vacation Packing List

* Ginger chews
    • Alcohol swabs with benzocaine.
    • OTC drugs, pack in plastic bags.
    • Antacid.
    • Emergen-C packets
    • Hydrocortisone cream.
    • Skintastic bug spray
    • Sunscreen and lots of it
    • Aloe
    • Lip balm with sunscreen.

• Moisturizer.
    • Conditioner for your hair.

• Sunglasses.
    *. Bifocal glasses
    *. Reading glasses
    *. Small lense cleaning kit.
    • Eyeglass repair kit.
    *. Extra contact lenses (wearing older ones on the flight)
    *. Contact solution and lens case

• Pocket sized wet wipes
    • Small packets of cleaning wipes. Woolite, Shout etc.
    • Febreeze.

-----------------
    * plastic shoe holder to be placed on bathroom door for sundries
    • Ziplock bags various sizes for packing and keeping things dry.
    • Extra hangers if you need more than 10.
    • Beer Koozies, hard plastic cups fit well and stay cold.
    Our hot/cold mugs
    • 3M adhesive hooks for room.
    • Plastic hangers with attached clothespin.

----------------
    • Beach bag, for your things while on the beach or at pool. Can also use as a carry on.
    • Pens in your carryon
    • Old watch for your beach bag for excursions and stuff.
    • Flash light for late night walks.
    • night light.

• Book(s). And/or load Nook books on IPad
    • IPOD and charger. (WITH • Reggae music.)
    • Noise cancelling headphones for flight.
    • Dice cup with dice for playing bar dice., and cards
    • Power strip.

• Small bills for tips outside the resort.
    • Photocopy passports, place in both pieces of luggage..

• A downloaded movie on your IPhone.

• Bags for dirty clothes.

For resort employees and their children.Chocolate.School supplies, bags with holes punched and ribbon with sharpie, card inside describing items and employees name.

*. Gatorade powder ( in case of stomach issues)
    . Solo cups for room mini bar
    . Bottle opener

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< ><><>
    For her;
    3-sundresses and 1-maxi for evening
    Flat or low healed metallic sandles for evening
    2-nice shorts with tops

For him;
    2- nice shorts with nice collared shirts for evening
    1- linen pants
    Woven slip on shoes for evening

• Several swim suits.
    • Cover ups and flip flops

• Hats

• Shoes & Sandles are broken in.
    • ??Water shoes or socks for excursions.??

Yes, this seems detailed for those of us used to packing. . Just thought this might help any newcomers.[/QUOTE]

Okay so I read through all 19 pages... Something nobody has mentioned here, (maybe because I'm the only one with a huge sweet tooth!) are little bags of candy for the plane and beach! I always always always have a pack of wintogreen mints with me for the plane (I'm addicted- but pick your poison) and then sometimes it's nice to have a pack of twizzler bites or something non-chocolatey (ie, won't melt) with you in your beach bag, so you can sit there with your drink and your book and munch away as you relax! I know the resort has all kinds of snacks available- ie, nachos, froyo, fries, etc- but they don't have candy!

I also liked the idea of having a length of rope to tie up to the swimming ropes so you don't float off- but would a bungee cord work better? No tying involved? Just wondering.

Love this thread! 61 sleeps and a wake up to go.

Omg T minus like 36 hours till takeoff! I've spent the last week or so on this thread alone. Thanks to all that contributed. Also thought it could use a "bump". CN here we come!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. What a great thread. I just read through all 19 pages and am going to write a bunch of stuff down that I would not have thought of. 9 months from tomorrow my fiancιe and I will be at CTI for a week for our honeymoon, and then at CN for a week. We cannot wait. I will be looking at this thread often until then. Thanks again.

Ok, here's our two cents on the compilation list:

• Pocket sized wet wipes Didn't find a need for them
    • Small packets of cleaning wipes. Woolite, Shout etc. may need if you pack light for clothing
    • Dicapac cover for digital camera. DiCAPac - Specialty Company in Digital Equipment's Waterproof Case only if you don't have a water proof camera already and plan on using one in the water
    • Waterproof bags for camera, books, cigs etc. maybe during rainy season
    • Pens in your carryon a definite must have!
    • Ziplock bags various sizes for packing and keeping things dry. another good idea
    • 100% deet we brought off skintastic spray, worked great
    • Snuff, it’s expensive at the resort. only if you partake
    • Underwater camera. if you plan on snorkeling or diving
    • Don’t over pack. VERY good idea!
    • Save room and weight in luggage for souveniers. especially Rum Cream!! $12/liter at the airport!!
    • Extra hangers if you need more than 10. good idea
    • Old watch for your beach bag for excursions and stuff. any watch will do if in your bag
    • Beer Koozies, hard plastic cups fit well and stay cold. recommend a tervis style cup instead
    • Battery operated candles with incense for room. didn't spend a lot of time awake in the room, but might be a good idea
    • Bendable straws. YES!
    • Skintastic bug spray. YES!!
    • Flash light for late night walks. YES!!!!!
    • OTC drugs, pack in plastic bags. Don't over pack!
    • Hydrocortisone cream. yes in case you do get bit
    • Small lense cleaning kit. yes!
    • Conditioner for your hair. They do have some in the shower, but not that great, bring your own or your hair will become straw
    • Book(s) if you don't plan on socializing, sure. Also good for the plane ride
    • Sunscreen and lots of it. spray is the best, but use whatever you are most comfortable with
    • IPOD and charger. brought our and never used it
    • Sunglasses. a definite must have!
    • Lip balm with sunscreen. a must have, we both burnt our lips
    • Beach bag, for your things while on the beach or at pool. Can also use as a carry on. yes!
    • Bubble wrap to protect your alcohol on return trip. if you purchase multiple bottles at airport, they will put them in a box carrier.
    • Ketchup, if you are junkie. Jamaica ketchup is good but different. we brought some, never used. the local ketchup tasted fine to us
    • Small sound machine for sleeping. didn't bring, didn't need
    • Insulated travel mug. tervis type cup!
    • Dice cup with dice for playing bar dice. never saw anyone playing games
    • Extra duffle bag in case your luggage is overweight. if you overpack, sure?
    • Batteries. if you think you'll need them for something, but we didn't need any
    • Neoprene bottle carriers for packing alcohol. CVS has them. we did the bubble wrap instead.
    • Rimmer spice for Ceasars in room. only if you like them...
    • Pouches of cat treats for local cats. the cats didn't really know what they were
    • Power strip. brought two, but there are plenty of outlets
    • Small binoculars. brought them, never used them
    • Small bills for tips outside the resort. YES!!
    • Travel fan. there is a ceiling fan and a/c in the rooms....
    • Kleenex, resort provides but…. we just used the resorts'
    • Nintendo DS. if you can't live without it, otherwise relax and go without!
    • Alcohol swabs with benzocaine. maybe make a small emergency kit, for "just in case"
    • Write a daily journal of your experiences. another good idea
    • Empty plastic shoe holder to be placed on bathroom door for sundries. didn't bring one, didn't need one
    • A downloaded movie on your IPhone. didn't do, didn't need
    • Small bottle of dish soap. only if you bring a cup that you want to wash daily
    • Video recorder. most cameras and cell phones do this now
    • Several swim suits. only if you plan on staying on the prude side! We took 3 each....only got them wet once!
    • Bags for dirty clothes. good idea, no hamper or anywhere for dirty clothes in the room
    • Plastic martini glasses that light up. we just used the resorts glassware
    • Small set of Christmas lights for balcony decoration or night light. might be a nice touch, we didn't see anyone with them
    • Calling cards good idea for exchanging info with new friends
    • Shampoo yes!
    • Less clothes. YES, YES, YES!
    • Hershey’s chocolate for resort workers. We forgot these and wished we wouldn't have, they can get fired for cash tips if caught taking them
    • Photo memory, write names in sand, Jamaica and date. Take picture with your shadows of you and palm tree. Wish we would have
    • Noise cancelling headphones for flight. unless you want to talk to your significant other....
    • Lounge chair cover with pockets. Didn't see anyone with these
    • Emergen-C packets for hangovers. if you're a heavy drinker, sure???
    • Garlic powder for bloodies. if you are into bloody marys
    • Ear plugs what for?
    • Walkie Talkies what for??
    • Baby Powder if you plan on wearing a swimsuit, might be a good idea
    • Water shoes or socks for excursions. YES, YES, YES!
    • Snorkle gear. If you don't want to use the resorts' gear
    • Towel clips. they do come in handy!!!
    • Febreeze. for???
    • Antacid. in your first aid kit
    • Hats. a MUST have! we burnt our heads the first couple days and had to spend $30/each for resort ball caps
    • Deck of cards. never saw anyone playing cards...maybe for strip poker at the nude beach?? LOL
    • Moisturizer. a good after sun lotion!!!
    • Travelling scale. if you don't over pack, not needed
    • Dryer sheets for dryers. for????
    • Tripod. for night photos! yes!
    • Custom/Immigration form cheat sheets. brought some, and forgot to use them....the form is pretty self explanatory
    • Blow dryer if you need extra power. if you feel the need
    • Extension cord. outlets were plentiful, not sure why you would need one
    • Put clothes in both pieces of luggage in case one is lost. just in case!
    • Camel pack. for????
    • Bring less stuff. yes! don't over pack!
    • Night light. not sure you need one....
    • Glasses, sun and reading. yup
    • Go to computer room and invite new friends on facebook. good idea
    • Sandals. we lived in flip-flops!
    • School supplies for local schools and resort employee children. another great idea!
    • Plug in air freshner. good idea...keep in mind the outlets are horizontal, most in the US are vertical
    • Snorkle mask with rx lens. good idea if you need one
    • Vinegar for fries. ewww????
    • Mountain dew. if you're addicted
    • Massage oil. if you plan on giving each other massages
    • Photocopy passports, place in both pieces of luggage. just in case!
    • Crystal light. the bottles were too small for the 16.9oz packets
    • Buy from vendors on resort. a personal choice
    • Lanyard for key. never saw anyone with these
    • First aid kit. always be prepared!
    • Space saver bags for luggage. only if you over pack
    • Tervis cups. yes
    • Swimsuits in carry on. if you have an early arrival to the resort
    • Aloe. yes! you probably will get a little burnt
    • International calling plan. can be expensive!
    • Eyeglass repair kit. just in case!
    • Shoes & Sandles are broken in. yes!
    • Snack food. food is available almost 24/7 at the resorts
    • Reggae music. they played it at the A/N pool, no need to bring your own???
    • Cover ups. Yes!
    • 3M adhesive hooks for room. Really? for what???
    • Less clothing. can't express this enough!
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

I got a really bad cold while at Sans Souci a few years ago and was coughing like crazy, especially in the dead of night. Didn't have cough syrup or cough drops. The shop didn't have any either. Most guests hadn't brought any that I could have.
    I suffered so badly. I rarely get colds, never in Jamaica, but you've got to know that I now pack both, just in case!

I just bought Pete a few new bathing suits, several pairs of shorts and our beach towel clips!!!! So excited!!! Hurry up Nov.27th!!!!

Apologies in advance… this is going to be LONG. However, I am over a year out from our next trip, so I have a LOT of time to kill! LOL

This is the best thread ever! Great tips! However, especially for first-timers, it leaves you wondering if you really MUST bring certain things. I think I can account for a few items that we brought with us our first trip that were not used. A couple of points I'd like to make, and this is truly just my opinion - no intention of shooting down anyone's ideas, as "different strokes for different folks". I'm sure a lot of people might not agree 100% with what's on my "YES" list, but that's what's important to me.

I'm sure the insulated mugs and bug nets, for instance, are great for some, but before we went I was thinking I really MUST run out and buy these items. We did end up with mugs, and they ended up staying in our suitcase because we didn't want to deal with cleaning or keeping tabs on them. The bug thing, I think depends on which resort, time of year, environmental conditions, etc. I am glad to say I saved myself $20 by talking myself out of the net.

Also, especially for those who have never traveled to a foreign country, you start thinking "Do they have…. Red Bull/Mtn Dew/this/that/the other thing?" I guess you need to ask yourself how dependent you are on those particular things. Will it "ruin" your vacation to go without it and try something new instead? Do you really want to risk the Mtn Dew bursting in your suitcase, taking up extra room & weight? I'm not trying to pick on folks with favorite beverages; I guess I am just saying, well, you have NO idea how much you are going to LOVE Couples (No matter which resort, I am certain of!), and when it comes down to it, there will be so much to enjoy that you'll be surprised how much you really won't miss too many little things that they might not have. And with any luck, you will be too busy having a blast and/or sexing up your significant other to worry about whatever widget you forgot to pack! Just a thought. My point is, EVERYTHING below (with the exception of your travel docs & sunscreen, lol!) is relatively trivial. The folks that occasionally pop on this thread to say "No worries; it's Jamaica!" know what they are talking about.

The list below references EVERYTHING (I believe!) that has been said in this thread up til this point. Please remember, this is just my 2 cents and again, I mean no disrespect to anyone's travel needs. This is based on my opinion - the Yes (pack it!) list, Maybe (for some) list, and the No (IMO unnecessary) list.

DISCLAIMER: We stayed at CSA in November for 7 nights & had a mini fridge in our room.

My YES List:

Pocket-sized wet wipes (YES, OR hand sanitizer; good for a quick wipe-down before you eat if you don't feel like trekking to a restroom. I'd hate to get sick on vacation.)

Spot/Stain remover wipes/pen (YES, good idea if you planned on getting a couple of uses out of a dressy outfit but got overzealous with the jerk sauce.)

Ziplocs (YES, great idea for packing wet items or sea shells or keeping things dry at the beach. Be sure to put all your lotions & potions in them while packing & save them for re-packing.)

Bug Spray (YES. We brought some in November one year & didn't need it at all, but I think it depends on environmental conditions, so I'd hate to need it and not have it.)

Clock/Watch (YES, so you know what time you can go get your first Dirty Banana from the beach bar! Or maybe you have a reservation to keep.)

Flashlight (YES, I "wish I would have thought of that!" The beach is pretty dark at night & I bet you could see some cool stuff in the water.)

Air freshener (YES, definitely. Nothing ruins the mood faster than smells permeating around the room… except perhaps that sand parasite info from that other thread… lol… j/k)

First Aid stuff (YES. If something happens, you might not want to be running around looking for a band-aid or what-have-you. I would say: Band-aids, Triple Antibiotic ointment, pain relief, stomach aid like Pepto Bismol, allergy med, Rolaids, water ear drops, hydrocortizone for bug bites, and aloe for sun burns. Someone suggested Aspirin for pain/inflammation relief related to sunburn)

Lens Cleaning Kit (YES; the salt water does leave little filmy droplets)

Sunscreen & SPF Lip balm (YES, if you don’t use SPF in Jamaica, you are really rolling the dice on sunburn or WORSE. Trust me, you will STILL TAN... you I would recommend nothing less than water-resistant SPF 50 & reapply. We didn't like the spray ones. They are maybe convenient but left us looking greasy & sticky. Bring 2-3 bottles, at least! It is very expensive at the resort. Besides, who doesn't like to start out the day with their honey rubbing their back down? The SPF lip balm, I like Arbonne's.)

Ipod/Ipad/Mp3 & Charger & ear buds (Of course; ya need your mood music! Lol Use the buds on the beach.)

Sunglasses (DEFINITELY & bring at least 2 pair in case something happens to one or just to avoid funky tan lines on your face. Someone suggested mirrored ones for sneaking a peek on the AN beach. LOL! To each his or her own. )

Beach Bag (YES, it's nice to carry magazines, sunscreen, etc. in. We had NO problems leaving ours by our lounge chairs while we went for a dip.)

Bubble Wrap (Actually pretty nice to have for wrapping breakables to take home.)

Small bills for non-resort tips & such (For shuttle, airport baggage handlers, Pub Crawl, beach vendors)

Passports/Ids (Hmmm, if you forget these, forget about everything else on this list b/c there's no way you'll get to Jamaica!)

Journal (Definitely jot down your memories, etc. some way. When we went, I emailed my in-laws, who were watching our kids, every day w/ what we did, ate, saw, etc. The kids loved hearing about the trip & when we got home, I just printed out the emails. If you have an Ipad, get one of those bluetooth keyboards for easier typing. I got one on Amazon for <$40 that worked pretty well.)

Garbage bag (for dirty clothes)

Lots of swim suits (One for every 2-4 days of your trip. You will most likely LIVE in one in Jamaica. I have nothing but good things to day about the laundry service at CSA also. Don't forget swimsuit coverups/light sundresses. Much easier than dealing with shorts/shirts.)

Pens in your carry-on (Yes, for Customs, and I liked someone's 'cheat sheet' suggestion w/ passport #'s, etc. Copies of your passport in your carry-on & at home is a good tip, too!)

Gifts for Housekeeping/other staff (Make sure you leave a note, or they can't take it. I order beauty stuff from Sephora & saved all my samples of lotion, hair products, etc. for the girls. I think they liked that - I hope they did! The school supplies are a GREAT idea, too, as are chocolates. Someone else on this thread said pens/notebooks, hair accessories, & OTC meds were suggested by staff.)

Snorkel gear (I agree; I'm sure they wipe them down, but it's nice to have your own if you plan to snorkel.)

Camera - DON'T FORGET YOUR CHARGER if applicable (self explanatory)

Your own hair dryer (Resort ones are weak just like 99% of hotel dryers. Someone said curly haired ladies should get a diffuser.)

Reading material (I am a pretty avid reader, but at CSA there was so much to look at on the beach, I prefferred magazines to just sort of flip through here & there.)

Downy Wrinkle Release Spray (Who wants to iron on vacation?)

SHOES for various outfits (Ladies:1-2 pair flip flops, 1 dressy that matches multiple dressy outfits. Tennis shoes really only if you plan to work out. Water shoes not necessary at CSA unless you are going to the Falls.)

Dress clothes (You will need them for 'fine dining'. Guys: DO NOT FORGET CLOSED-TOE DRESS SHOES)

Rx Meds (obviously)

Lighted mirror (the bathroom lighting in our OVS at CSA was kind of dark for putting make-up on.)

Rubber Wine stopper (good idea for not wasting an open bottle, unless you go all out on that bad boy.)

The MAYBE List:

Waterproof camera case (Only if you plan to go snorkeling or something, but I'd be leary about putting a really nice camera in one. I bought this waterproof camera:
    Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-Inch LCD: Camera & Photo
    and love it. Takes decent under OR above-water photos and is very durable. Does video, too.
    I really liked this float, too… Amazon.com: Chums Waterproof Camera Float: Electronics
    in case you get seperated from the camera. My arms aren't very big, so I was able to slide it right up my forearm. My hubby wore it on his wrist.

Drink Koozies/Insulated mugs/coffee mug (Sure, could be useful on the beach. I probably wouldn't carry them around everywhere. Dish soap was suggested if you're using resuable mugs. Tervis mugs suggested over & over)

Bendy straws (Might be nice but we survived without)

Ketchup (If you are a big ketchup user and are picky, maybe. We brought heinz packets but did not use them because we found we really loved the Grace ketchup. Plus, I don't think besides fries & onion rings, there are a ton of things to put it on.)

Dice/cards (Might be fun to do with other couples.)

Binnoculars (If you are right on the ocean. Might be careful if you're going somewhere with an AN beach; ya might look like a creeper! Lol)

DS or other gaming device (If you have an iPod, that'd be more handy w/ the music & you could play games on the plane.)

Plastic shoe holder for toiletries (Depends on what you're bringing. Our OVS at CSA had a nice spot in the shower for keeping shower items. Instead of a shoe rack, I brought a smaller pocket-type holder with a hook on top.)

Dish soap for bug bites (Never tried it; who knows?)

Emergen-C (I suppose, if you foresee a hangover in your future OR just one or two to drink to keep your immunity up. On a side note, I drank about one a day for a week or so before our trip because no WAY was I getting sick beforehand!)

Water Shoes (ONLY if you are going on a tour where they'd be needed. Otherwise, not really necessary - at least at CSA. I guess you'll have to ask re: other Couples resorts. I heard a 'yes' for CSS.)

Hat (Not a bad idea, especially for sun protection)

Travel tripod (probably if you are a 'serious' landscape photographer trying to get low light pics. Otherwise, no worries. Someone suggested Gorillapod)

Extra camera batteries (Definitely if yours is not rechargable)

Mixable drink packets (Like Gatorade, Crystal Light, etc. if you want something in the room other than what's offered.)

Contact info cards (to give to new friends, if you like)

Small Gladware (for fitting extra desserts in fridge)

"To Go" cups (might be nice to take a drink back to your room after dinner. BUT… not sure…. You might be able to just take the glass back? Will have to ask.)

Rx Scuba Mask (If you need one. Someone suggested snorkel-mart.com - $60)

Massage Oil (Should move this to my YES list and drop a hint to hubby lol)

Jamaican Currency Cheat Sheet (Maybe if you are going off the resort or arent' from the US, but we used USD everywhere.)

Pants & tennis shoes (If you are going horseback riding)

Eye glass repair kit (Must have if you wear glasses)

Lighters/Matches/Cigarettes (If this applies to you. They don't have a lot of cig options @ the resort & are expensive. I belive lighters have to be in checked luggage.)

Small pair of scissors (for tags or whatever)

Other meds (someone suggested a laxitive-type product; someone else suggested a "stopper". You know your body by now. Pack according to issues you've dealt w/ in this department, just in case!)

Solo Cups (for mixing drinks in-room & taking wherever)

Candies for the plane/beach

The NO List (Just my opinion; no offense intended! Some of these could be a 'yes' for others)

Woolite ( I'd rather save room & save the risk of it leaking in my luggage and just using the resort laundry service if I really need to)

Battery-operated candles (Don't see the need but some might enjoy them)

Bug Netting (Might be the time of year, but we personally did not have any problems in November.)

Extension Cord/power strip (We had multiple devices & no issues)

Sound machine (We were so wiped out from all the activity & fresh air, it just wasn't a need. For some, it is. Someone suggested a white noise-type app for your ipod/iwhatever)

Tea lights/ any type of candles (Not approved of by mngt. )

Cat treats (I think they keep the cats for natural 'pest control'?)

Tissues (I used the resort ones & they were ok for me but I wasn't frequently wiping my nose)

Video cam (Usually people have them on their ipod, phone, camera)

Plastic wine glasses & Light up martini glasses (Hotel provides glassware)

Christmas lights (can't imagine dealing w/ that)

Calling cards (personal preference here. To keep up w/ kids, most people have an ipod or something & you could use Face Time or Skype. You can use the internet cafι to email notes to your kids, too. Besides your kids or checking on a family member who was ill or receiving nursing home care or something, who is really that important that you need to call back home for? But if you really have to, the calling card suggestion is great. Definitely don't use your cell phone.)

Chair covers & towel clips (We just used the resort towels & didn't have any problem w/ them blowing away or anything)

Walkie talkies (personal preference; we were usually together)

All the spices for Caesars, etc (Unless you GOTTA have it… I personally would try some of the other resort drinks!)

Baby powder for sand removal (We never really had an issue with this, even though I did bring a bottle. I think the spray sunscreen makes the sand stick more than lotion.)

Dryer sheets (didn't seem to need them; just preference)

Extra Hangers (Don’t forget, you can hang a pair of pants on a hanger, then put a button-down shirt over top of it. Someone said Housekeeping will bring you however many you need.)

Collapsible Cooler (Drink faster. Get another cold drink from the beach bar. No worries!)

Camelbak (There is never a shortage of places to get any kind of beverage)

Night light (Just didn't see the need)

Gloves for dumb bells @ Fitness Center (how much time are you going to be lifting weights?)

Blow up floaties (I suppose it might be cute if a big group was wearing ducky rings, but not necessary)

Two-person towel or beach towels (I just wouldn't feel the need to waste luggage space)

Diaper rash cream (Poster said from wet suits; we found ours dried quickly in the sun. Again, personal preference!)

Shower Puff/Loofah (for resort body wash. I bring my own soap)

Sunglasses cord (we kept ours on; didn't have any issues w/ losing them in the ocean)

Removable hooks for hanging up suits (Guess it depends on the resort but we were fine at CSA. I think there was a clothesline in the bathroom; maybe bring a few pins instead)

Travel umbrella (I think there is an umbrella in the room at CSA)

Swimshirt (maybe for fair-skinned folks)

Bungee cords (for patio doors)

Duct tape strips (For repairs… I can't imagine anything I'd want to duct tape while I'm there…)

Small portable sewing kit (I want to say there was a little matchbook kit in the room at our resort)

Nylon rope to tie your beach float to the swim area rope (Probably a good idea if you plan on tipping back a few Marleys and floating around in the sea, though, lol)

NEW ADDITIONS - Some other not NECESSARY but maybe helpful things to add

Bottle of pump hand soap (Not a fan of bar soap. Wrap a rubber band around the neck a few times & put it in a ziploc to avoid leakage).

Stainless shot glass & long spoon for mixing drinks in the room

Dramamine in case you are prone to motion sickness & take the CAT cruise on a choppy day

Insurance Card, Emergency #'s (Lets hope no one ends up needing them, but you never know.)

Extra Memory Cards (Maybe you wont' go through 8G on one trip, BUT… I like to replace mine every couple of days in case it gets lost, faulty card, etc. Keep them in a little pouch in your carry-on luggage.)

Back-up camera (Photos are very important to me; I love to go back & relive my vacation through them. I always bring a back up camera - even a cheap one! Just in case something happens to my main one. I hate those crappy disposables & IMO they can't be trusted with my precious memories.)

For the ladies, hair ties/headbands - something to easily & quickly deal w/ your hair in the morning. I usually just did a quick splash of water on my face & quick pull back of hair. I saved the shower for later, before dinner, to get rid of the sunscreen residue, sand, etc.)

Airplane-specific ear plugs (if you get the BAD pressure pain like I do and might thwop the next person who tells you to "just chew gum or yawn")

Vinegar (it was suggested for fries, but I was thinking maybe for stings. Granted, we never saw any jellyfish at CSA but some have)

If you wear glasses, maybe a spare pair - just in case? Also a spare pair of contacts if you use them.

A heartfelt thank you to everyone that has taken the time to contribute to this thread. I haven't traveled much and this will be so much help! Can't wait for our trip to CSS.
    Brian & Julie

A couple of things:

1) Make sure your pens are blue or black ink. My sweetie brought a purple pen (purple!!) and we got sent to back of the line and had to re-do our customs forms. But we got our own private van to CSS and were able to stop at Scotchies for jerk. So maybe purple wasn't so bad.

2) Don't bring a coozie. If you need a coozie you aren't drinking fast enough!

Quote Originally Posted by C&A View Post
    A couple of things:

1) Make sure your pens are blue or black ink. My sweetie brought a purple pen (purple!!) and we got sent to back of the line and had to re-do our customs forms. But we got our own private van to CSS and were able to stop at Scotchies for jerk. So maybe purple wasn't so bad.

2) Don't bring a coozie. If you need a coozie you aren't drinking fast enough!
    1. Good to know!
    2. That's what I thought, too! lol

The one thing I see missing is an antibiotic such as Keflex or Cipro or Bactrim. With all that lovin' going on, there is a good chance of getting Honeymoon Cystitis. My wife got it and the Dr. on duty came up and gave her antibiotics. It was rather expensive. But much needed. It's been 16yrs since we were at our beloved Couples. CTI now. I am now 63 and we are bringing our own this time. Hope she doesn't need it, but you never know.

This thread really should be a Sticky, or maybe one of the very well written post that summarize the things people have suggested. At least this will bump it back to the top.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast