Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Pretty easy to find. Here is some on Amazon for $6.48 for a 10m strand of 100 lights.
    Amazon.com: 100 Led 10m Christmas Wedding White Color Fairy String Lights w/ 8 Function Controller: Home & Kitchen

Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post
    Pretty easy to find. Here is some on Amazon for $6.48 for a 10m strand of 100 lights.
    Amazon.com: 100 Led 10m Christmas Wedding White Color Fairy String Lights w/ 8 Function Controller: Home & Kitchen

Those lights are not battery powered, they need to be plugged in.

S/F
    Scott and June

This was the best thread I found! My hubby and I are going for our first time and our honeymoon, doing CSR because we could not decide on where to go, since they all look wonderful. 17 days and counting (Sept. 2-8).

I have started a checklist from all of the 20 pages of recommendations! Thank ya'll for all of the great ideas. The lights and battery candles are an awesome idea!!. This will better prepare us for Couples and JA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post

Thanks Jeffmom. The real question is how difficult is it to plug them in on the balcony? I cant remember if there is a plug outside that you could run an extension cord to or not. If not then we are back to battery powered.
    Scott & Becca
    Houston
    Caffreys Photography

another thing, dont forget to call your credit card company and let them know where you are going, dont want to be without your plastic!!!

*bump*
    Why isn't this a sticky thread?

Just a heads up regarding the Tervis cups. I ruined a limited edition Tervis cup a few years ago taking it to the beach. Apparently Tervis cups are *allergic* to many sunscreens - both sprays and lotions. My cup got cloudy and no amount of washing gets rid of it. ( Tervis does NOT cover this on the lifetime guarantee.

Info from the Tervis site: Use and Care - Tervis Tumblers - Water Bottles - Mugs - Gifts

I'm not saying don't bring your cup - it's a great idea! Just make sure you don't mind it getting a little cloudy - ESPECIALLY if you are having one custom-made.

Now I bring an inexpensive insulated tumbler w/ straw from BBB or WalMart. That way it doesn't sting so much if it gets ruined.

BTW - this is a FANTASTIC thread. I check it out every year before we go to Jamaica just to see all the new suggestions. Every year there's something noteworthy.

Scott C -
    The real question is how difficult is it to plug them in on the balcony
    Not sure what you call them in America but we always take (to any hotel worldwide) a light weight 4-gang extension lead with us (ie 4 plug sockets on a long 2/3 metre cable) as there are never enough plugs in hotel rooms so this means we can charge mobiles (cell phones), cameras, use hairdryers, curling tongs/hair straighteners etc (and I suppose balcony lights!) all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
    I saw this listed in here but never saw an answer. The last time we were there we saw balconies decorated with lights. I thought it would be cool to do this on our next trip. Can anyone share how they hung the lights on their balcony? Thanks
    Scott my wife packed a small set of pink flamingo lights that we put on our rail at CSA last October. When we made some friends the first evening we told them our balcony was lit up. The next 10 nights we heard yells to us as people we met walked by. It was a lot of fun and we left them for the next person in the room.
    Last edited by tanfastic; September 18th, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

Wow! Thanks everyone for all of the info. We are leaving in just 4 days for CSS and this was so helpful for packing!!!

Hoping someone can help me out here. I just read over this whole thread and tried to work on how much clothing for 10 days at CSS. Here's what I came up with for FI and myself. Is this too much?

Me
    4 bathing suits
    Hat
    Water shoes
    1 outfit for Dunns River Falls
    Flip flops
    1 pair dress shoes
    2 nice dresses
    2-3 cover-ups
    4 sun dresses
    1 pair shorts
    2 tshirts
    Sarong
    Bras
    Underwear
    Light sweater

FI
    4 bathing suits
    Hat
    Water shoes
    1 outfit for Dunns River Falls
    Flip flops
    1 pair Closed toed shoes
    1 pair dress pants
    2 polo/button ups
    2 pair shorts
    2 tshirts
    Boxers

Alot of great ideas. Ladies do you get pedicures right before your trip? Bring along the bottle of polish if you can. The water and sand can really chip your polish, even if you pit a protective coat on it. Also I read to bring along a bungie cord to attach to the ropes while out in the water. Helps keep you from floating around. I'd say a couple of them so you can put them threw the "pillow" on the lounger and still leave extra for a little floating.

We have been going to Couples every year since 2009. All of your suggestions are GREAT!!! Here's another ..... For digital cameras take with you a USB Card Reader and a USB Flash Drive or take extra memory sticks or memory cards for your camera. After you have taken several pictures during the day when you get back to your room take out your memory stick/card and put in a new one. Added insurance in case you lose your camera or it gets damaged. If you take your laptop use your Card Reader and save your pictures to a USB Flash Drive. Your pictures of your trip are once in a lifetime, because even for us repeaters, every trip is a new experience so we protect them like we do other valuables.

After a few trips you really do know what you need and what you don't. We always book our trip so we arrive sometime before noon. Our carry-on has: Swim suit, sandals, shorts, shirt, camera, snacks etc... So before our room is ready we change into our swim suit and head to the pool. Also, this is a good idea just in case you have lost check baggage (which happened on our third trip) so glad it didn't interfere with us having a good time the first day arriving.

When on the plane arriving to Jamaica, you need to fill out your customs form. Ask for extra forms. We actually fill these out at home before we leave on out trip and place them with our passports. Saves a lot of time and hassle.....no worries. Even on our return trip home we fill out as much as we can before we leave the airport...obviously when you get to the airport shopping the Duty Free shopps is a must so you will need to declare some additional items on the form.

I have brought candy for local kids outside of the resort. I also bring lots of single dollar bills to avoid any issues with change. I am planning on bringing some t-shirts with Buffalo, NY (my hometown) on them to give as gifts to any friends we might end up meeting. I always bring a bandana and always end up using it for something (mostly for excursions), usually for my fiance to tie around his head to avoid sunburn. Water shoes are also a must. Bring extra sunglasses incase you lose a pair. I also like to bring a small cloth type cooler incase we take a walk up the beach or outside the resort. Band Aids and Neosporin, Binaculars, back up batteries, cool aid single packets for water, travel mug, light beach bag, old cloths to trade with at the local markets, business cards incase you make friends and want to exchange contact info.
    Ladies..... I always bring spray conditioner for those in between pool and bar and dinner rushed moments~ Beats having to rewash your hair to be able to get a brush through it for nothing but to head back to the water and mess it up again

Quote Originally Posted by Seandymon View Post
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know, as I have been seeing a lot of discussion about bringing mugs,etc. in this thread. It is Couples Resorts policy to only serve drinks in glasses and cups supplied by the resorts. If bartenders are caught pouring into non-couples mugs they will get in trouble. So, please leave these at home, there is really no need for them.

Is this still true?? I see this post is from 2009 and just want to verify that it is still Couples' policy. I have always brought my own insulated cups to AI resorts and have never had a problem having them filled by the bartenders. This will be my first time at a Couples resort (CSA). Just want to know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by moiira View Post
    Is this still true?? I see this post is from 2009 and just want to verify that it is still Couples' policy. I have always brought my own insulated cups to AI resorts and have never had a problem having them filled by the bartenders. This will be my first time at a Couples resort (CSA). Just want to know what to expect.
    It is to my understanding that you can bring them, but they can't actually fill them up. You can request several of the same drink of your choice and pour them in the mugs yourself, though. That is what several of us did when we were there in 2011.

We bring Old Bay seasoning for our fries, some kind of inflatable animal pool toy, THE boombox, (this thing has some great stories to tell), iPod and a backup, our own salt shaker, the rice thing has never worked for us in Jamaica. I like the idea of the lights on the balcony, power strip, Lysol, extra D cells, the rest? clothes, and her shoes! haha

The blue tooth Jambox was perfect. Nice tunes but not loud to disturb anyone. I put mine at the top of the palapa and it was my own dome of goodness.

Bring an extension cord. ONly two outlets in the bedroom and they are low and under the built ins. Small convienence to recharge things. with sunset so early in november we got up early and needed phone alarm to wake us. The days end too soon. woke up at sunrise and took a dip in the sea to wake up. Room service breakfast on the veranda was nice.

We had a ground floor ocean front room and the citronella candle was useful. We had bug spray but never used it. The candle did the trick.

AT CTI do they have beach towels or do you bring your own? Also I saw to bring a hair dryer.. do I need an adapter for electric items?

Beach towels are provided. No adapter needed for electric items.

We scaled down to just a carry on for this trip of 9 days, still overpacked. Next time, couple of bathing suits, and a couple of mix and match outfits, saves time when arriving and not having to wait for your bags. (saves $ too). Bring a good hair conditioner. They a a combined shampoo/conditioner, but hair gets very dry in sun. I bought a bottle in CN gift shop, place the conditioner in my hair a few times a day and leave it in. Wash out at end of day and that works pretty well. If you have color treated hair, you may want a specific type to bring from home. I did a split stay, so not sure if CSA shop had more options.

I used the body lotion from the bathroom dispenser in my hair in the shower, wow it was wonderful, my hair was so soft. Even though we bought a large supply of medicine items, never used any of it- but it was nice to have on hand just in case. I found I didn't wear a couple of items so next time, I will scale down a bit. One thing I will do differently is pack a bigger personal carry on bag. I couldn't believe how big the bags were folks were carrying on the plane. I used a small bag because I read Delta was strict...boy was I ever wrong. It was big enough to fit a small purse, a camera, a book, water bottle, some snacks. I wore shorts under my yoga pants and slipped out of them at Couples lounge.

I don't know if this has been mentioned....as this I think is officially the biggest thread this board has ever had....but, we get so much time in the sun/sand all day with alcohol to boot...that we more than not find ourselves post dinnertime in the room watching a stale movie we've seen a dozen times on the tube cause we are so dog tired....where we had every intention to continue the fun into the night (piano bar, nightclub, etc) We now bring 5-Hour Energy with us...
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast