Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Fantastic idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    I bring an empty plastic shoe holder. No, I don't bring that many shoes, but the bathrooms don't have a lot of counter space, and I hate "bathroom clutter" so I hang it over the door in the bathroom, and the pockets perfectly hold all my sundries. (shampoo, hair care, skin care, etc. etc.)

Someone else on this board gave me that idea, and I must say, it's a fantastic one.
    Fantastic idea!!

This threAd needs a bump!

Not sure if this has been stated already, but I never leave home without bendy straws. You need them!

Just echoing the rest of the thanks for this thread. Fiance and I aren't going to CTI for another year; March 2015 be our first time and our honeymoon but you best believe I'm already planning!!

The way the "veterans" talk about it being home makes me that more excited to go. I have a HUGE list of suggestions I copied down from everyone that I need to sift through and discuss with the future hubby.

Thanks again for the fantastic suggestions everyone; I can't wait to use them!!

All of your expectations will be exceeded. Congrats.

I am a fan of coozies but not at Couples. Ask the barkeep to top you off with juice and/or ice. It will help you to pace and hydrate.
    Immodium generic is about 88 cents at Walmart. Bring four packs and you'll make friends.

Extra Hangers!!! There are never enough. I just bring the cheap plastic kind you get in the stores then leave them behind. I figure they'll either get thrown away or maybe someone uses them. We also bring insulated coffee/drink cups. The coffee cups at Couple's are on the small side and this way we can go for our early morning walk with our coffee. We can also use them for our boat drinks on the beach. Keeps them colder longer.....not that they last at that long anyway. Sometimes I actually put (gasp) water in it!
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

Hi This thread has helped me trip after trip to remember things and learn about new thing to pack! BUMPIN' THIS UP!! Happy travels everyone!

Card's against Humanity, inflatable pool animals?.....

Longest thread EVER. Bump...

Life is good

Best thread ever! We are headed to CTI in December and we are super excited!!

We are returning to CSA in Oct. 2014. A must for me is extra bathing suits and cover ups. Takes forever to dry in the humidity there. Lots of sunscreen. Disposable insulated container for drinks. A few disposable bendable straws. OTC meds (just in case). Beach bag (maybe back pack better), hat, copies of passport, small bills (for tipping), ear plugs, deet.

We always bring a bottle of pump hand soap - don't care for the bar of soap on the sick and this is super convenient.

Good adds, Aurora.

Great thread everyone!

Other than what's already been mentioned, I always bring Q-tips. My ears seem to gather a lot of sand for some reason.

Another item we bring is a bottle of Lyteshow. It's a bit similar to Gatorade but much more effective to combat dehydration. We normally add it to our drinks once during the day and also before bed. All the sun, activity and alcohol seems to take its toll on us more and more. It's basically our insurance that we won't need a vacation to recover from vacation.

I pack flip flops and shoes in gallon bags to go to Couples so the bottoms of shoes don't soil clothing. Then you have those and a few extras to pack shells, wet suits, sandy sandals, bottles of shampoo etc for the return home.

First time in October CSS. What about bath products such as body wash and shampoo. One's supplied by Couples sufficient in quality and quantity? How about the weather in October, lots of rainy days or just the usual brief showers? Any other advise for first times will be most welcome.....

How about the weather in October, lots of rainy days or just the usual brief showers? Any other advise for first times will be most welcome.....

........Temps should be in the 80s. Every day! Yes, rain can be expected. Usually short. I have found that the rain in Jamaica is different than in Tennessee; It's warm. Hey, you're there to get wet! Put on your swim wear, and "don't worry about a thing"!! We will be at CSA beginning 3 October.

Quote Originally Posted by mncwilson View Post
    Great thread everyone!

Other than what's already been mentioned, I always bring Q-tips. My ears seem to gather a lot of sand for some reason.

Another item we bring is a bottle of Lyteshow. It's a bit similar to Gatorade but much more effective to combat dehydration. We normally add it to our drinks once during the day and also before bed. All the sun, activity and alcohol seems to take its toll on us more and more. It's basically our insurance that we won't need a vacation to recover from vacation.
    No need for your Lyteshow CTI has coconut water at the veggie bar. WORKS GREAT! I speak from experience

The only thing I can think to add is a hand held luggage scale that you can get from Walmart. It's like a fish weighing scale that you hold with a dial face and a pointer that shows how heavy your luggage is. You just hook it to the luggage handle and lift it off the ground, then read the dial. It only costs around $12.00 and is definitely worth having so you know exactly how much everything weighs, especially if you buy lots of rum cream and have to find room for it without going over your weight limit! We use it for the trip down too, so we can take as much chocolate and other gifts as possible. Sure beats having to pay for being overweight on your luggage.

Great idea sandman799, this will be our next purchase. Maybe this will help the wife cut back a little.

I now make sure we carry our binoculars for CSA. While the beach is dark, it's perfect condtions for stargazing. Our telescope just won't fit in our luggage. :-)

I have learned that a halfway decent WATERPROOF camera is a good idea!

The bellhops at CSA have a hand-held luggage scale that can be used. The other resorts may also have one.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast