Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Quote Originally Posted by llstar5019 View Post
    I now make sure we carry our binoculars for CSA. While the beach is dark, it's perfect condtions for stargazing. Our telescope just won't fit in our luggage. :-)
    My first thought was "yeah, right, that's what you tell your wife, huh? Wink-Wink!" Until I remembered that CSA has no AN area....

I spent time and read through this whole thread before leaving 2 weeks ago and although great ideas, many were not necessary and only costed extra money and space. We brought several things and didn't use them but the ones we did find extremely handy that we got from this list were:

*Insulated mugs (mobay filled them with rum punch for the ride to CSA and we filled them each morning with ice water, and if we were heading out on the raft or too far from the bar we would fill them with drinks. We also found them handy for ice at night to have drinks and cold water before bed)
    *Koozies- my husband grabbed about 20 or so from his work and we made several others happy as well, you forget how much America appreciates ice compared to other countries, even when drinking quickly
    *Rope to tie off to the swimming ropes- we only did this once but it was great, we brought thin heavy nylon string that took up minimal space
    *Extra cover ups- thanks for the tip
    *laundry soap- swimming suits get stinky after a few wears in only salt water, i also found hopping in the chlorinated hot top would have done the trick
    CSA GOT BENDY STRAWS WHILE WE WERE THERE!!!!!! So the ones I brought were not necessary!

We brought several things that never left the suitcase including Christmas lights which looked to be a pain plus we wanted privacy not attention So many things seemed like good ideas until you get there and realize you REALLY DON'T NEED ANYTHING BUT A SWIMMING SUIT We wore little to no casual clothes but I did wear all of my dressier stuff which was not too dressy. My husband was able to wear flip flops to all restaurants at CSA and got away with wearing only his 4 tropical shirts by wearing them over and only wore a pair of cargo shorts, a pair of pants, and a pair a nice shorts and several t-shirts the whole week. You always forget how little you actually wear on these trips. I would recommend 5 swim suits or at least 4 and 3-4 cover ups for girls. HAVE FUN AND DON"T OVER THINK IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    First time in October CSS. What about bath products such as body wash and shampoo. One's supplied by Couples sufficient in quality and quantity? How about the weather in October, lots of rainy days or just the usual brief showers? Any other advise for first times will be most welcome.....
    Definately bring your own. While they have soap and shampoo I think it is safe to say you will want your own (as well as conditioner). Make sure you bring sunscreen, not the spray kind and apply before you leave the room so it can absorb into the skin. It is VERY expensive there and you WILL go through it. (esp if you go to SSB, which we highly rec.), dont bring too many shoes, I think we had an entire bag of just shoes and it was a waste. (flip flops, beach shoes and something decent for dinner will suffice) Someone mentioned the freezy cups, we got two from Kohls that came with lids and straws, but nothing fancy. Bring an iPod because they will have a radio you can plug it into (32 pin). Plastic bags are good to bring dirty/wet clothes home. Aloe is also good in case you get a little overcooked, neosporan (sp?) bug spray could be ok, but we didn't have any issues. We initially took a lot of what was listed by others, but found the vast majority wasn't needed. As for the rain, one of the coolest experiences was sitting at the pool bar while it rained, drinking rum cream, talking to a couple from Scotland so don't worry about the rain (oh the rooms have umbrellas). I really can't think of anything else pressing. Just try (key word) not to over pack We went a bit nuts last time, but that seems to be the norm for first timers. Enjoy and see you in October.

There is one more thing I thought of for your trip a power surge protector. Not many electrical outlets in room. So if you have a lot of phones, cameras and Ipads to charge this will come in handy.

We are going to CSA in Oct. (so excited...our first time) I have been reading this thread a lot trying to get my packing list ready of the do's and don'ts. I love all of the advise!! My questions for you since you just returned are...why do you recommend 5 swim suits. I have 3 so far! You also stated that you wore little casual clothes, is this because you stayed in swimsuits and cover ups until time to get ready for a nice dinner? I just recently bought "bendy straws" do I not need to bring them now? We are only traveling with our carry-ons and the one personal bag so I am trying my best to only bring what is needed and I know what I have so far is probably too much. Can you tell me what you packed as far as "casual clothes" that you did not wear or need?
    Quote Originally Posted by Codyjo View Post
    I spent time and read through this whole thread before leaving 2 weeks ago and although great ideas, many were not necessary and only costed extra money and space. We brought several things and didn't use them but the ones we did find extremely handy that we got from this list were:

*Insulated mugs (mobay filled them with rum punch for the ride to CSA and we filled them each morning with ice water, and if we were heading out on the raft or too far from the bar we would fill them with drinks. We also found them handy for ice at night to have drinks and cold water before bed)
    *Koozies- my husband grabbed about 20 or so from his work and we made several others happy as well, you forget how much America appreciates ice compared to other countries, even when drinking quickly
    *Rope to tie off to the swimming ropes- we only did this once but it was great, we brought thin heavy nylon string that took up minimal space
    *Extra cover ups- thanks for the tip
    *laundry soap- swimming suits get stinky after a few wears in only salt water, i also found hopping in the chlorinated hot top would have done the trick
    CSA GOT BENDY STRAWS WHILE WE WERE THERE!!!!!! So the ones I brought were not necessary!

We brought several things that never left the suitcase including Christmas lights which looked to be a pain plus we wanted privacy not attention So many things seemed like good ideas until you get there and realize you REALLY DON'T NEED ANYTHING BUT A SWIMMING SUIT We wore little to no casual clothes but I did wear all of my dressier stuff which was not too dressy. My husband was able to wear flip flops to all restaurants at CSA and got away with wearing only his 4 tropical shirts by wearing them over and only wore a pair of cargo shorts, a pair of pants, and a pair a nice shorts and several t-shirts the whole week. You always forget how little you actually wear on these trips. I would recommend 5 swim suits or at least 4 and 3-4 cover ups for girls. HAVE FUN AND DON"T OVER THINK IT!!!!!

I agree with Codyjo! Some of the most convenient things we got from the lists were a couple of Thermos insulated cups. Great for getting extra coffee from the patio grill in the morning or keeping bar drinks cool, but the idea to fill them up with ice for later is something I hadn't thought of. We didn't use our minibar much last year because there was no ice or very little ice. Those cups will help there. We also brought a rope but didn't use it. Not because it wasn't a good idea, but we just weren't in the ocean as much as we thought we would be, and at CTI it's a bit choppier, so not as easy to just lay there and float. Bringing our own snorkel gear was nice too so we could snorkel any time we wanted. I got some from snorkelmart.com with corrective lenses so I had perfect vision without having to wear contacts. They didn't cost much more than the regular lenses either. Handiest of all though was the hand held luggage scale so we could make real sure when we repacked the alcohol on our connecting flight coming back that we weren't overweight in any one bag and could move things to the other one if needed.

Screw on caps from some liquor bottles at home. If you request a 750 ml bottle of Vodka, Gin etc for your room, it is delivered with a pour spout. So, if you plan on taking them home, you'll want to BYO cap. We used a water bottle cap, but still had some leakage.

we are going in October too, when will you be there? we are the 18th to 25th

I think the point of the pour spout is that you won't take the bottles home!

The luggage scale is a must!

Quote Originally Posted by Famous217 View Post
    Screw on caps from some liquor bottles at home. If you request a 750 ml bottle of Vodka, Gin etc for your room, it is delivered with a pour spout. So, if you plan on taking them home, you'll want to BYO cap. We used a water bottle cap, but still had some leakage.
    ....We can take them home???

Quote Originally Posted by anitacam View Post
    We are going to CSA in Oct. (so excited...our first time) I have been reading this thread a lot trying to get my packing list ready of the do's and don'ts. I love all of the advise!! My questions for you since you just returned are...why do you recommend 5 swim suits. I have 3 so far! You also stated that you wore little casual clothes, is this because you stayed in swimsuits and cover ups until time to get ready for a nice dinner? I just recently bought "bendy straws" do I not need to bring them now? We are only traveling with our carry-ons and the one personal bag so I am trying my best to only bring what is needed and I know what I have so far is probably too much. Can you tell me what you packed as far as "casual clothes" that you did not wear or need?
    .....It is easy to OVER pack. We have been to Couples twice, and brought home unworn clothes. Both times, we wore swim suits ONLY, except in the evenings o dinner. Three swim suits should be sufficient. They WILL dry, eventually. Plus whatever Coverups you want. Sundresses are good foe evening wear for women. "Heels" don't make it! For the guys; shorts and a button up (Bring his Hawaiian) shirts work at most of the Restaurants. Substitute ONE pair of slacks for the dress up restaurants. By the way, we will be at CSA the week of 3 October.

Bring an extension cord. The outlets are under the build in Flinstone style nite stand and to reach them have to get on hands and knees.
    Not a big deal mind you but my phone charger cord is not long enough. Also to charge the Jambox (blue tooth speaker), cordless headphones and laptop. Just makes it easier to keep wires organized and out of the way.

Coozies and insulated cups (16oz is plenty enough). Nice to be able to fix a drink in the room and take it.

...........and while CSA is all nice and laid back, people need to dress up a bit form tee shirts and gym short with Flip flops!! Celebrate in style and put some effort in for romance! While we are not on a cruise were folk were tuxedo, but I am suprised how laid back people have become. Ignore my pontification if it offends anyone. I mean no disrespect.

We will be there Oct 22nd-29th!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mzuzz View Post
    we are going in October too, when will you be there? we are the 18th to 25th

Quote Originally Posted by acranger View Post
    .....It is easy to OVER pack. We have been to Couples twice, and brought home unworn clothes. Both times, we wore swim suits ONLY, except in the evenings o dinner. Three swim suits should be sufficient. They WILL dry, eventually. Plus whatever Coverups you want. Sundresses are good foe evening wear for women. "Heels" don't make it! For the guys; shorts and a button up (Bring his Hawaiian) shirts work at most of the Restaurants. Substitute ONE pair of slacks for the dress up restaurants. By the way, we will be at CSA the week of 3 October.
    Thanks for the tips!! You will be there Oct 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by anitacam View Post
    Thanks for the tips!! You will be there Oct 3rd?
    ........Yes. For some reason, got better rates going on a Friday. Guessing airlines. Same for you??

Name:  10501807_10203107229016371_8915197034615368471_n.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  120.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by aurxdoc05 View Post
    Dicapac cover for your digital camera. It is a waterproof plastic casing that keeps your camera clean and dry, so there is no need for disposable underwater cameras! Check out www.dicapac.com or you can find them on Ebay!
    This is pure genius!! Have you personally used it and it held up well? I'm thinking about one for my phone and one for my camera...as I can me ummmmm clumsy

Quote Originally Posted by GawdyGypsy View Post
    This is pure genius!! Have you personally used it and it held up well? I'm thinking about one for my phone and one for my camera...as I can me ummmmm clumsy
    .....Interesting. Curious as to how well it holds up as well.

Hi everyone...here goes! Mini purse size flashlight for walking down the various pathways at night; night lite to plug in the room or washroom; clips to hold towel on lawn chair, or just stretchy sewing elastic to tie around top of your lounge; hand fan to stay cool when no air conditioning; small first aid kit, take own mask and snorkel/fins if you have them so you can go out anytime you want; travel size clothes line and pins; mini umbrella for little rain showers; small drink container with straw. Hope this helps!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24