Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Kleenex/Puffs! Tissues are provided by Couples but if you have to use them frequently, they'll irritate your nose. Not very soft.

Last trip, I took my Nintendo DS for times when I was sitting at the pool or beach. Plus, it's kinda nice to play while I'm waiting for the wifey to get ready at night. It was something I definitely won't leave home without next trip. Plus, it's fun on the plane.

Just wanted to add one more thing. Bugs love me so I always carry those Alcohol Swabs with Benzocaine. I use one as soon as I start itching. It's amazing how fast the bumbs go away if you can just keep from scratching! You should be able to find these at your local drugstore, probably with the diabetic supplies.

i like to bring my own BIG insulated drink container just fill it up keeps drinks cold and covers so no bugs or sand gets in!

Quote Originally Posted by gordborg View Post
    i like to bring my own BIG insulated drink container just fill it up keeps drinks cold and covers so no bugs or sand gets in!
    which nascar driver is on your container?

I just love the ICE WATER. Make sure Randy doesn't go before you do because he usually drinks it all and there is none left when I get there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    GREANJAC

Will add, a Journal!!! My first time, didnt think of it, my other 4 i have written everything down! I didnt want to forget names of all the wonderful staff we met, or other guest.
    Great pics are helpful, but after many rum drinks, hmmm the memory goes, and so a quick written journal entry is a true testment to our wonderful time in Jamaica.

I bring an empty plastic shoe holder. No, I don't bring that many shoes, but the bathrooms don't have a lot of counter space, and I hate "bathroom clutter" so I hang it over the door in the bathroom, and the pockets perfectly hold all my sundries. (shampoo, hair care, skin care, etc. etc.)

Someone else on this board gave me that idea, and I must say, it's a fantastic one.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the ketchup in jamaica tastes so different because its made with pure cane sugar rather than corn syrup like american ketchup.

If you have a iPod nano or iPhone, or something small that plays video, be sure to download at least one movie on it & bring two sets of headphones with a splitter jack. This way you & your sweetie can spend the plane ride watching a movie (if none is provided) and it will make the plane ride go that much quicker!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Last trip, I took my Nintendo DS for times when I was sitting at the pool or beach. Plus, it's kinda nice to play while I'm waiting for the wifey to get ready at night. It was something I definitely won't leave home without next trip. Plus, it's fun on the plane.
    priceless, what games do you bring ? talk about the great vacation escape... nice i was thinking of bringing guitar hero and jam near the pool next trip how cool would that be

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    priceless, what games do you bring ? talk about the great vacation escape... nice i was thinking of bringing guitar hero and jam near the pool next trip how cool would that be
    I could see you out by the pool in your crocs with one black and one white sock rockin out! Hilarious!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Try bringing a very small bottle of DISH SOAP. Dab a little on bug bites. It stops the itch instantly and they heal up more quickly.
    PAPA SMOKE

I love all these ideas! My husband and I will be visiting CN for the first time in October. Keep the great ideas coming!

Papa Smoke - any particular brand of dish soap?

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieVann View Post
    Someone had recommended bringing a beach bag so you can put all of your things in it while at the pool or ocean. It was a great idea. I put my book, watch, camera, suntan lotion, sunglass case, straws, etc. Enjoy.
    You can also use that beach bag as a carry on for your trip home.

Something new I will be bringing this trip is a pocket-sized video recorder (with its waterproof case)!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlover View Post
    We bring our own insulated travel mugs when we're laying out since the resort's cups are the small plastic ones. They keep your drinks cool and ice doesn't melt as fast. Also, we bring cheap "blow up" floats to float in the ocean and then leave them with some other guests upon check out. It makes their day ..
    The resort floats rock, one of my most favorite things about Couples are those rafts!!!! Why bring your own?

I lost my camera getting on the dive boat after our third dive at CTI this past trip. Now that memory cards are relatively in expensive we are bringing one for each day. I was a little upset over losing the camera in the water but more upset loosing my pictures. They are so compact too they take up relatively no room at all.

Kristi - I read the tip somewhere. Tried Dawn on my next mosquito bit. It actually worked! I do not know if all brands work but I bet so.
    PAPA SMOKE

Quote Originally Posted by aurxdoc05 View Post
    I could see you out by the pool in your crocs with one black and one white sock rockin out! Hilarious!
    i hear you!! nothing says rock star like crocs and black white sox i read david bowie orginated that right before the Ziggy stardust phase it appears to have not generated the " heat" he anticipated !!!
    did i read some one bring blow up floats or blow up dolls ...
    the floats would make little sense

We bring our insulated mugs to use on the beach. As noted above, they will not serve your drink in them, but we simply pour the drink in the mug after getting it from the bar or flag service. No problem mon. I would recommend a not too large mug or cup. They do take up room in your suitcase. We also bring some bendable straws, people always comment that they wish they had thought of that. We also bring several swim suits. My wife has one for every day we will be there. I bring three or four for myself. We also bring a small spiral note book to make journal type notes every morning at breakfast about what we did or saw the day before. Makes for fun reading between trips to Couples and helps remind you of stories to tell your jealous friends back home.

This list makes me think about things that we can't get here in the UK, Neosporin is one, another is Bayside seasoning (I make my own)to name just a couple. We did consider our holiday trip of a lifetime (ie no kids) of going to Florida but I don't think the kids would have ever forgiven us but I admit stocking up on a few things would have been good.

Pocket watch-attach it to the outside of my purse for the plane and then clip it to my beach bag once I get there.
    Coffee mug for the early mornings. I grab coffee from the urn in the breakfast area and head to the beach.
    Garbage bags for the dirty clothes-no need to repack.
    Bug wipes-easier than a can of spray

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    "Rimmer" spice to make Caesar's in the room. We buy the other spices across the road at the variety store.

If you are a cat lover like we are, pouches of cat food or some treats. They will love you for it.
    K
    HEY!!! I am from Canada and HATE that I can't get a caesar anywhere but Canada. I was wondering what you use down there instead of Clamato?

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast