Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

The only thing I wish I'd thought of was a plan to stay for the next few years.

ok here are a few things that have been missed ...and i haven't even gone yet..lol
    1. an extra bag for the goodies you buy
    2. water shoes for any tours that may require them
    3. snorkel gear...do you really want to rent or borrow someone else's spit? lol

otherwise thanks for all the extra info very helpful

This is a great thread. Very helpful!!

If you are planning on visiting Duns River, Mayfield, or YS Falls, bring along a pair of closed toed water shoes, or water socks. Sandals don't cut it!

We just bought towel clips for our beach towels so they don't slip off the loungers. We saw another guest had them on our last trip. We got ours at Bed Bath and Beyond for $5.99
    Last edited by Sueboo; June 9th, 2010 at 09:56 AM.

Someone mentioned cat treats. Are there cats at all of the resorts?

Travel size Fabreeze or other air freshner. The bathrooms do no have exhaust fans.

Default Best thread ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is by far the BEST thread ever!!!!!!! I want to thank everyone who has posted!!! Your ideas are AWESOME and so helpful!! Thanks for taking the time and helping us "newbies" on our up coming trip!!! We never been to CTI, but will be there in FEB.2011....we've been told to bring water shoes for the beach...we've been told it's not very soft..kinda rocky...[U]that's my "trip tip."[/U]
    thanks guys!!! (and ladies)

peace & LOVE
    Jamie and Craig

OMG... this thread is gonna cost me in overweight baggage fees! Love all the ideas.. my shopping list got bigger.. now I never thought of xmas lights.. wow.. cant wait to see "his" reaction when I pull those out of the suitcase.. hahaha

I remember reading a thread once before and it had suggested a bug net for the patio door for the night air. You may not want to wake up with bugs or tree frogs in your room. Also I remember correctly benalyn cream for those sand fleas, and bug spray. Antacid pills for the spice in your life in paradise...lol.

We only packed two bottles of sunscreen and ended up having to buy two more and we were only there for a week! The sunscreen in the gift shop was $16.00 for the cheapest kind!

I would have also packed mini-packets of Heinz Ketchup. We sure missed our Heinz at breakfast as I read others did as well!

Default Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JSTONE1973 View Post
    I am a person who can't sleep without a fan. The silence is too loud. If you are like me, you know what I mean. Since a 20" box fan does not fit well in my suitcase I bring a small sound machine. It is great for traveling.
    We need a fan to sleep also. We are wondering if we should mail a fan or travel with one. Any ideas?

Default Bug net assembly?

Are the bug nets easy to hang w/o assessories such as tape? I'd hate to damage paint and such with tape. I really like this idea and my wife likes frogs, so I appreciate this thread with great ideas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocklate View Post
    I remember reading a thread once before and it had suggested a bug net for the patio door for the night air. You may not want to wake up with bugs or tree frogs in your room. Also I remember correctly benalyn cream for those sand fleas, and bug spray. Antacid pills for the spice in your life in paradise...lol.
    This is a great idea. I'm not sure that CSS has screens for their patio doors, so would I need to bring assessories to hang our bug net (such as tape)?

I find that a hat is a must, a deck of cards can be good sometimes especially if it rains in the daytime and I like to bring at least two books with me for the beach. I normally bring my own mosturizer as well as most hotels do not supply enough...that way you won't peel towards the end of the week lol.

Six more days to go and counting...

omg I miss and crave REAL ketchup when we are there! The Grace brand they have unfortunately is nasty, but many must enjoy it because I saw it for sale in the giftshop at the airport. Yuck. Heinz all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Deeniesk8s2 View Post
    OMG... this thread is gonna cost me in overweight baggage fees! Love all the ideas.. my shopping list got bigger.. now I never thought of xmas lights.. wow.. cant wait to see "his" reaction when I pull those out of the suitcase.. hahaha
    We bought a traveling scale that you hook to your suitcase and lift and it beeps and tells you the weight. Worth every penny as we've paid 50 bucks for overweight bags in the past. You can get them at Kohl's, Target etc...really cheap and definitely worth it.

We were just at CTI....I can't sleep without the fan's noise either. If you have an iphone there are many apps for various noises. Slept like a baby after downloading a boxfan app!

Here's one that I didn't see in this thread. Someone else suggested it one time. We bring a few dryer sheets to stick in the drawers at the resort so your clothes don't get that humid smell to them. We go in February (261 more days!) and don't like to keep the air on except when we're getting ready for dinner. Another thing you can do with the dryer sheet if you golf is to take one with you and either stick it under your hat or in a pocket. It'll keep those little teeny bugs away. Fun thread full of great information.

BobandJudy...all you have to do is call housekeeping when you get there and they will bring you as many hangars as you want.

I just want to say thanks to everyone for all the great tips! I really love this board!!

I just got back from CSA and I would recommend that you definitely bring a water camera. I bought one for only $100 at Bestbuy or Futureshop and it is an Olympus with 10 megapixels so good camera. The pics turned out great!

We brought bug spray but only needed a couple times after the rain but since they charge $18 USD at the hotel for it defintely bring it with you.

Before we went many posts said not to bring insulated cups that they would not fill them at the swim up but I saw many people with them while we were there so I guess it depends on the bartender.

One thing to mention it to remember to bring some small bills to the beach with you as there are many musicians walking the beach and they stop and play and they are normally either quite good or at least very entertaining. I felt bad the first day as we didn't think to bring any cash from the room to tip them. Since they are working only on tips so it is appreciated for sure. We loved them...or at least I did lol...my boyfriend not so much haha.

I also noticed a lot of people saying about the fan. I too have slept with a fan for the last 25 yrs of my life and have a hard time without it. In our room though we had the ceiling fan and with the AC and that on I had no problems at all sleeping and it blocked most outside noise. We were in a gardenview verandah room and it was great we did hear a few cars in the morning but if you kept the bathroom door closed you couldn't hear it anymore so that was no biggie.

I am sure you will all a fab time I am so jealous and wish I was still there...never missed a hotel as much as this one before lol...have fun!

I didn't see this in a quick scan, but here's a couple...

1. Turn the date stamp off on your photos. You can try to edit it out later, but not having one saves this step. All digital photographs contain EXIF data that retains date and time (among other things) so you have the date and time cleanly hidden away in each picture.

2. Tripod! Buy a travel pod, even if it is a cheap one. You know you want those night/evening shots ot be crisp!

I always bring a bottle of good leave in conditioner. A past hair dresser recommended it and it has saved my hair on our vacations! I spray my hair every morning with a good coat (till it is good and wet) and then throw it up and head to the beach. I will also wear a ball cap a lot on the beach in addition to the conditioner. It really saves my hair from damage from all the sun and salt. I used to have to go home and get a good deap conditioning and even have it colored again cause of fading... but not anymore. It was the best seccret I ever got.

Extra camera batteries. The little things are more expensive. Those of you that have a room without a TV and want to maybe watch a little something on a raining afternoon we bring our Netflix DVD's with us to watch on our laptop. We don't spend a lot of time doing it but its nice every now and then.
    A lot of people don't like to carry cash with them but we bring some with us because the ATM fees are pretty high and sometimes we buy stuff from the locals and if you want to do anything like parasailing they only take cash. Plus I get a little nervous using my credit card anywhere all the resort... you never know who can get your crdit card number so I would rather take the chance and carry cash.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast