Default Reading the Message Boards & Website

Reading hundreds of comments and tips tonight I came across something that said the resort needs to know 7 days in advance of our arrival to schedule pick up at the airport. I didn't call them. Did I just make a huge mistake. 6 days out.

Welcome to Couples,

No, you didn't make a huge mistake. We have never called ahead and never had any problems.

However I have a recommendation. Register with tith the Couples Romance Rewards program as soon as you see this. You can use their Pre Check in process. You can do this up to 3 days of your arrival. They are pretty picky about the 3 days thing as I procrastinated once and could not do the pre check in.

The pre check in does a few things for you. Part of the process you enter your arrival and departure itinerary. There are forms you fill out at the front desk during check in but if you do the pre check in these forms are already complete. You only need to verify and sign the form which saves a few minutes during check in. This also verifies your information given to the Couples Lounge at Sangster International Airport so they are expecting you.

You can also make requests to have your mini bar stocked. A word of advice. Don't go too crazy with this. There is plenty to drink on the resort. The bars open early and there will be at least one bar on the resort that closes relatively late. If you are like most people you won't spend a lot of time in your room. All you may need is enough for a quick nightcap before you turn in for the night.

Registering with Romance Rewards qualifies you for the Trading Spaces program. This allows you to spend a day at the other Couples resort in the same city. You are at the other resort from about 10 AM until 4 PM. This may help you decide if you would like to try a different Couples resort on a future trip. This is exactly how we chose which Couples resort for our next trip.

Finally, you will earn rewards points. Depending upon how often you go to Couples you gain more perks. Arrival and departure gifts, resort credits, etc.

http://couples.com/romance-rewards

Join the Romance Rewards program ASAP and do your pre check in. You can do this up to 3 days before your arrival. But don't fret. Couples still knows you are coming. You are just helping them out a little by giving them some more details about your arrival.
    Jack and Kathy

CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016
    CTI 2012, 2014
    ??? 2018

You should do the on-line check in thru the Couples site. That will include your flight information so they will know when you will be arriving and can plan for your transfer to the resort.

They know you're coming, you don't need to tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty1212 View Post
    Reading hundreds of comments and tips tonight I came across something that said the resort needs to know 7 days in advance of our arrival to schedule pick up at the airport. I didn't call them. Did I just make a huge mistake. 6 days out.
    It should not be a problem. Let them know. I am sure you will not be the only couple at the airport going to the resort.

We booked 24 hours before our arrival one time and there was not a problem. They did have to make a phone call though.

Life is good

If you did the Romance Rewards log in, you gave then the arrival info. Also, your travel agent should have given it to them.

Really of all the dozen of times we have returned to Couples doing the pre-check in procedures etc. it would not make any difference if you were to book the vacation the day before you arrive or a year in advance.

Believe me after you pass immigration, pick up your luggage and get directed to the Couples lounge that's when the vacation starts and truly when all your worries disapate. Whenever you hear "Bob Marley sing don't worry about a thing" it can be taken quite literally-(at least that is what it does for me whenever I get to Jamaica ) When you arrive at Couples lounge at airport, they will tag your luggage for the resort you are going to and direct you to check in the COuples Lounge at which point that is when they really arrange your transfer. They try to fill the transfer with other folks going to same resort or couples going to the other Couples resort nearby so if your worries about not letting them know 7 days prior for your transfer-so don't worry about not notifying them 7 days in advance. Again they don't make transfer arrangements for you really until you arrive to Couples lounge at the airport.

Other tips-(no pun intended) you will be expected to tip the porters carrying your bags to your transfer-(I usually give a $1 or $2 per bag) then I tip driver when we arrive to the resort-($10,$15 to $20) whatever you feel is deserved. We have had very funny entertaining drivers that made the transfer enjoyable to drivers who did not speak a word.-(so the tip amount to the driver is your decision ) this should be about the only times you will ever need to tip on your vacation at any Couples.

Other notable tips before landing, if this is your first time to Jamaica....the airline will pass out immigration cards prior to landing and a lot of the airlines will tell you one immigration card per family and only head of household needs to fill it out-that is WRONG! no matter how much they tell you that, you need one immigration card PER PERSON and you must fill out immigration card COMPLETELY because even before you get into the immigration line there will be airport reps checking and if not filled out completely, missing info OR you do not have one immigration slip per person, you will be asked to step aside to fill out card completely or complete another one if you only filled one out on the plane before you can get to the immigration line.

Go on the website and go to the romance rewards section. Register for romance rewards and then do the pre-checkin online. This will also start keeping up with your trips for future romance reward credits.

Even if you don't do this, when you get to the airport, go thru immigration and customs, go thru the doors to the left, turn left and head to the Couples Lounge. They will get you to your resort. Have a great trip!

Don't worry they know when you are coming.
    To help with your arrival go the the REWARDS section at the very top of the page and sign-up for Members rewards. When you get an account do your pre-check in, including picking the beverages you want for your mini-bar (they arrive sometimes the same day you check in, sometimes the next day), relax you'll be in Jamaica. All is good!

They just need your flight arrival # and time. It shouldn't be a problem. Just give them a call and let them know! Enjoy your trip!

When traveling internationally, it's always a good idea to call for confirmation of your reservation. Nobody likes surprises for their vacation. As others gab noted, Couples offers a program to make this easy online... use it.

So yeah...
    Anyone else having issues logging in for the rewards pre check?
    I've been trying for several days to log in and only get an error page. I've tried Fire Fox and Safari, no luck with either. It's not that big a deal if we don't get through, but it would be nice to take advantage of a "reward" that is a nice perk. Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong will be appreciated.

Color me frustrated.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    So yeah...
    Anyone else having issues logging in for the rewards pre check?
    I've been trying for several days to log in and only get an error page. I've tried Fire Fox and Safari, no luck with either. It's not that big a deal if we don't get through, but it would be nice to take advantage of a "reward" that is a nice perk. Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong will be appreciated.

Color me frustrated.
    I tried a few days ago and couldn't get it to work. No worries! We didn't do it our first trip and everything was fine!