Default Splitting Time Between Two Resorts

My wife and I have never been to a Couples resort, but are considering visiting in the spring of 2018. We have done a lot of research, and find that each hotel has something special that we like. Do many people split their week between two resorts? We are considering spending 4 days at CSS and 3 days at CTI. Is the pricing about the same if a couple decides to do that? Any comments or thoughts on the subject are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Default Split Time

Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Tina View Post
    My wife and I have never been to a Couples resort, but are considering visiting in the spring of 2018. We have done a lot of research, and find that each hotel has something special that we like. Do many people split their week between two resorts? We are considering spending 4 days at CSS and 3 days at CTI. Is the pricing about the same if a couple decides to do that? Any comments or thoughts on the subject are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    We love doing a split. We did it in November 2016 with one week at CTI and 1 Week at CSS. Doing it again in 2018. 2/24 - 3/3 at CTI. 3/3 - 3/1 at CSS. Love doing both, as they are completely different and wonderful.

We have been doing split stays for a few years. There is no added cost to booking 4 days at one and 3 at another.
    You have the best idea for only a 1 week Jamaica stay as transportation between those 2 is minutes rather than hours.
    But on that we stay for 2 weeks and split between CTI and CN.
    The bonus is you get credit for the first stop that can be used for the second.

We usually do a split. But never less than 7 days at each resort. Since its your first time, and with just one week, I would suggest booking one resort. Changing resort, with packing and unpacking and not being able to have your room at the second resort until mid afternoon, you will lose the best part of a day - even though CTI and CSS are just 10 minutes apart. So book a week at one, sign up for Romance Rewards (its easy on this website) and do a Trading Places day at the sister resort. Just MHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Tina View Post
    We do like to split time between resorts on longer trips, but with only 7 nights the drawback is two check ins and check outs, possibly needing to wait for your room to be available and possibly missing out on restaurants and fun events. I am not sure if you can make dinner reservations until on resort. If not, you may be challenged to get reservations to all of the reservation only restaurants (if that is a goal). Having been to all 4 resorts, our favorite restaurant is the Asian restaurant at CTI- which is very difficult to get a reservation at because capacity is very low and it is very popular. I know they will get you a table some time in your 7-night stay for sure, but if only staying for 3-4 nights (and depending what time of year and which nights of the week those are) it could be tough. Also, programming, such as special nights at each resort, is planned on a 7 day basis, so you could miss out on some fun events by switching mid-week. I would recommend joining the repeaters club and doing the "trading places" day at the resort you don't stay at this time. Alternatively, if the budget allows, perhaps a 10-14 night stay split between resorts.

We had originally booked a split (since changed to just a week at CSS). The cost was comparable to a week at either one or the other. I think our total went down by <$100 when we switched to just the one resort.

if you are going to do a split then stay at least 7 days, you lose almost 2 days traveling off of your original 7 days

Couples makes you leave the resort and head back to the airport 4-5 hours before your flight home.

On Arrival day, Ocho is almost a 2 hour drive from Mobay and you have to go through deplaning, immigration, customs, baggage, lounge and then the drive over. We usually arrive in Mobay at 11ish on a weekday and the earliest we have ever gotten to Ocho is 2:00, then you have to check in and get your bags delivered so you will get to the beach at 3ish and it is dark at 6:00

A split between 2 resorts in Ocho or Negril is not that bad but it will still take a couple of hours to pack, wait, check in, unpack.....

Split stays are a lot of fun - last year between CN and CSS - plus trading places to CTI, we ate in a total of 9 different restaurants

However, as several have mentioned, your stay is too short for it to be worth it on a first trip. Several hours are lost packing, waiting, and transferring - even when the resorts are close.

We do split stays every other year but we stay for a minimum of 12 nights.

The best time to do a split stay is when the resort is offering resort credit - you get both credits each time you check in! Including your romance rewards credits!