Default Advise for First TImers

We will be traveling to CSS in just a few weeks. Looking for any advise. We are traveling with carry on luggage only. What are absolute must to pack? Does the resort provide toiletries? Can we get suncreen? Bug spray? I have read all the resort information on the website. I know that all of you experienced people can give us more insight. Any advice would be very much appreciated! TIA
    13 days and counting!!!!!

Spending all your days at Sunset Beach really cuts the amount of luggage space required...I'm not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by MT2Jamaica View Post
    We will be traveling to CSS in just a few weeks. Looking for any advise. We are traveling with carry on luggage only. What are absolute must to pack? Does the resort provide toiletries? Can we get suncreen? Bug spray? I have read all the resort information on the website. I know that all of you experienced people can give us more insight. Any advice would be very much appreciated! TIA
    13 days and counting!!!!!
    Depending on how long you're going for, what you spend on sunscreen will cost more than what you save in luggage fees. It's $18-$20 a can.

Sunscreen is available for sure. Some toiletries are too but they're small and expensive!

My wife and i work wonders with the carry on and personal item, but really depends on how long you are staying. Long way from Montana- dont cheat yourself. We ve never had an issue with checked luggage, ever. It will not get you to the resort any quicker in my opinion. Now if you re staying less than 5 or 6 nights- id say maybe, but i know my wife would never fall for that. You are going to love CSS- mike

You can buy sunscreen / bug spray at the resort gift shop, but it is definitely more expensive than the states. (Cheaper than on the shopping trip though) Most toiletries could be purchased at the gift shop, but at a island premium. The soap, shower gel, shampoo are provided by the resort and are decent quality. We normally get buy with a couple swim suits, couple t-shirts, gym clothes, sandals, sneakers, and underwear. Most of the time we are simply on the beach and not using it. We pack way less than any cruise vacation we have done.

We travel carry on too. We're not that needy about liquids and since we pack mostly bathing suites, shorts and t-shirts they don't take up much room at all. We can get by with a few of the travel size sunscreens and just bring the bug repellant wipes, they aren't considered liquids by the TSA. They have shampoo, lotion and body wash in the rooms. The wife just brings leave-in conditioner and mascara. Everything else isn't a liquid (stick form make-ups, deodorants, lip balm, etc.)

As others have stated, carrying on doesn't really help you get there any faster since MBJ baggage claim is quicker than immigration. But we just like to pull right up to the terminal, valet the car and walk right on the plane.

I need water shoes at CSS.

We were on our first trip in May to CTI, We watched everyone with their carryons and hubby said he was glad we checked ours, a lot less hassle. No need to pack a bunch. but would take sunscreen and they do have you covered with the basic toiletries but if you have a special soap or anything, get it in travel size that way you have a choice to pack it back up or leave it. I took way to much clothes and extras and our next trip will be much lighter on the luggage.
    Have a wonderful time.

yeah...been doing this for a bit...don't overthink it...enjoy!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011, 2019 [25th anniversary]
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary]