Default Tropical Storm Danny

Anyone else worried about tropical storm Danny? My husband and I will be at CTI next week, 24th-28th, and am concerned it will turn into a Hurricane while we are at the resort. We bought the trip insurance but would much rather go on vacation.

We will be at TI tomorrow! It looks like the storm will pass to the east of Cuba. No worries we will be fine!

Too far away to accurately make any prediction. Maybe this link will be helpful

http://www.weather.com/storms/hurric...ntral/AL042015

Thanks for the comments, I just really don't want to be stuck in the rain my whole vacation. My husband is a diver and we booked here partially so he can dive everyday. I know I am probably over obsessing

My soon to be wife and I are heading to CTI next week, 23rd to 30th, for our honeymoon. Not trying to jinx anything but looks like chances of a bad storm are pretty light but appears it is going to be pretty rainy all next week.

Something that may be an issue even if this hurricane misses Jamaica. The hurricane will stir up the ocean. Meaning that the waves will very likely be larger than normal. Don't be surprised if you see red flag conditions for a few days. During red flag conditions, all water sports activities are suspended. This means that the island may be closed, the catamaran cruise may be canceled, no snorkeling, no glass bottom boat, no scuba, no kayaks, no hobbie cats, etc. Pretty much any Couples activity involving the ocean will be suspended.

Something else to expect. The strong surf will stir up the seaweed. Expect to see more seaweed on the beach than usual. The Couples staff will do their best to get this cleaned up ASAP. The Water Sports staff won't have anything else to do anyway. But they won't perform miracles. It may take them a couple of days to get things cleaned up and back to normal.

But Mad Jack ~ Look on the happy side. There will be waves to play in! Body surfing is always fun. With the ocean stirred up you hear it further inland and can enjoy the sound of the waves. Even though some activities will be cancelled, it will still be a wonderful vacation with other opportunities for fun that are not always available otherwise.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

It is amazing how quickly thing return to normal mainly due to the efforts of the awesome staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    But Mad Jack ~ Look on the happy side. There will be waves to play in! Body surfing is always fun. With the ocean stirred up you hear it further inland and can enjoy the sound of the waves. Even though some activities will be cancelled, it will still be a wonderful vacation with other opportunities for fun that are not always available otherwise.
    Coloradojuli, I totally agree. On a past trip, we saw what we called the "ugly red flag" for about half of our stay. It changed our plans slightly but in no way ruined our stay. Yes, it was a lot of fun playing in the larger waves. We still spent plenty of time on the beach. No change to the nightlife at all. Like I said, the "ugly red flag" was only up for about half of our stay. We took full advantage of the Couples water activities on the green flag days.

The most important thing is that my wife and I were in paradise together. We didn't let a little thing like the weather change anything.

The good news is that they are predicting this well be downgraded to a tropical storm by Sunday.

all is good .. do not stress ... forecast for Jamaica most always shows rain . My hubby and I were in Negril when Sandy hit Haiti Lots of wind, high surf, next day sun shine was out.