Default Club Mobay Lifesaver

We bought the Club Mobay package last year and did not need it when we arrived last year on a Saturday early afternoon as there was no one in line in front of us. Boy am I glad I bought it for this year. When we deplaned at 12:30 on Saturday, there were easily 250 people in line in front of us. Jason from Club Mobay was an absolutely sweetheart and got us through the Immigration and Customs lines in about 20 minutes.

Hmmm. I wonder what other people think about buying Club Mobay for a February arrival. We've always gone to Jamaica in the slow season (September) but this year we are going in February. We arrive early afternoon on a Sunday. For people who have visited in February, is the airport very crowded? Would Club Mobay be worth it?

We tend to go to Couples in mid February. Our flight usually lands in the middle of Sunday afternoon. I begin checking the Sangster arrival schedule in February on the weekends and on average there are about 10 aircraft that land about 30 minutes before the flight we use. This is right in the middle of peak tourist season so it is safe to assume that these flights will be filled to capacity. The typical aircraft that lands at Sangster will hold between 145 to 165 passengers. It is safe to assume that there can be 1500 people or more arriving within 30 minutes before us. Customs and Immigration is pretty efficient at Sangster, but they will get backed up when this many people arrive around the same time.

On our last two trips, the line going to the Customs and Immigration area began about halfway down the ramp to that area. Before Club MOBAY, we have waited in this line for hours. Yes, I'm serious.

The last time we went, the line was just as long. But we walked past all of these people to the Club MOBAY line and we were next. We went from the aircraft door to the Couples Lounge in about 15 minutes.

I know Sangster isn't always this busy. Looking at the arrival schedule there are fewer aircraft arriving on weekdays. I bet there are even fewer people passing through this airport between about mid April until about mid November.

The departure service isn't as much of a deal for the lines as Couples will get you to the airport in plenty of time for your flight. But it is nice to pamper yourselves one last time while waiting to leave paradise. The food is good and this is a nice place to wait.

So it really depends upon what time of the year and the day of the week you are arriving for the value of the arrival service. For us, we intend to use Club MOBAY on all future trips to Couples.

Only 380 days until we return to paradise.

We used it this last trip. Arrived Thursday 1-15 at 12:00 p.m. and did not need to. There were virtually no lines BUT our trip last year we arrived on the same day of the week at the same time and month and the lines were about 2 hours long so it really is a crap shoot. I think it's better to be safe than sorry!

We've just returned from CSS and as usual booked Club Mobay for our departure (we fly mid-week so NO queue at arrivals). By the time we got through check-in we only had about 30 minutes in Club Mobay - hardly enough time to grab a drink and a quick sandwich. We'd seriously think twice about booking on our next trip.

Jean

Hubby surprised me with it when we were leaving back in August, 2014. I really enjoyed it! We met a really cool/super nice couple and chatted them up. It was a great experience and I think it was very worth it! Can't wait to get back, hopefully, this August, 2015 for our 21st anniversary

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    Hmmm. I wonder what other people think about buying Club Mobay for a February arrival. We've always gone to Jamaica in the slow season (September) but this year we are going in February. We arrive early afternoon on a Sunday. For people who have visited in February, is the airport very crowded? Would Club Mobay be worth it?
    We also are arriving before noon on a Sunday. I have been checking the arrivals at the airport each Sunday since after S-Mas, and in my opinion, absolutely no need for Club Mo-Bay. Far fewer flights on Sunday than Saturday.

Mad Jack
    Can you post a link that you are checking for arrivals. How do we check?

We are landing on a Saturday afternoon at 1:30 at the end of February. I purchased Club Mobay and I'm betting it will be worth it. I would rather be at CN than standing in line at the airport.

Life is good

The link below is for the Sangster International Airport website. You can only check the arrival schedule for the current day. You will need to return daily to get an idea about the daily trends.

http://www.mbjairport.com/arrivals

You never know. One time there were about 7 planes scheduled to land just before ours, but when we got to immigration, the hall was empty. But, I figure we are spending thousands of dollars on our vacation, what's another hundred for the arrival service?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by vbos View Post
    Mad Jack
    Can you post a link that you are checking for arrivals. How do we check?
    http://www.mbjairport.com/arrivals

But you have to check on the day of the week when your flight is arriving. IE: You fly in on a Monday, next monday log in and see what flights are arriving. THey are pretty standard week to week.

Like my wife says "it's insurance". It's there if you need it. We have Club MoBay booked for our trip in March. Soon come.