Default Advice wanted from Floyds Pelican Bar past guests

Hello, My husband and I are interested in visiting Floyds in October leaving from CN. Would like some advice regarding which tour operator you have used, price and whether you left from Parrottee Beach (10 minutes) or the other beach (45 minutes), we also would like to combine YS Falls with this trip and I hear that is possible. Any and all information would be appreciated....would like another couple to go with us if possible so if you are interested and are staying at CN or CSA 10/20-10/27 let me know. Would love a Floyds veteran to go with us...lol! Jenny

Hi rnjennifer,

Feel free to email me at mandolin dot jeff at gmail dot com with any questions . We go every year out of Parrottee point, and use the same driver also.

Jeff (and Beth)

I've used a Transportation Service for almost 20 years and he has taken us all over the island including to Floyd's.
    Jack & Donna

I would love to give you the name of the tour group we went with, but we are not allowed to on this board. Do a google for tour groups in 'Negril' and you will find a great one that is the talk of the town. Great group. We combined YS Falls with the Black River. We were in the same boat the entire way.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I did a combined YS Falls/Pelican Bar tour back in November, 2012. We used a Taxi service. At the time, I believe it was US$150.00 total for all of us in his van. He provided a few Red Stripes, soda and water in the van. Other expenses paid during the trip:

Entrance fee to YS = $16/person
    Tip guide at YS
    Lunch at roadside stand (we paid for Joe also)
    Boat out to Pelican Bar FROM PARROTTEE BEACH $10/person
    Drinks and food at Pelican Bar
    We stopped for Peppered Shrimp at a roadside stand on the way back
    Tip for driver at the end of the trip

Great trip. he was great (and punctual).
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We did a combined Appleton Rum tour and Floyd's Pelican bar excursion in January. We paid a driver $150 for round trip from Couples Swept away. Both were a lot of fun.

We had discussed going there as well. Can anyone who has been talk about their experience?

Combining it with Appleton would be fun.

Ya Mon
    CSA 2012, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SWJones View Post
    We had discussed going there as well. Can anyone who has been talk about their experience?

Combining it with Appleton would be fun.
    The Appleton tour was fun. You get to watch a video with some rum punch, then get a tour of the estate. You will see equipment from the past, the current process and then get a tour of the barrel room. You do not get to see the bottling process, as that is done in Kingston. Once the tour is done, you get to sample Appleton rum. Basically they open up about ten bottles and let you drink as much as you want. We stopped at Floyd's on the way back, its basically a couple hours back from Appleton.