To my island Queen

Your spirit was undeniable. I felt it almost the moment I entered your lobby twenty years ago. I could feel your presence everywhere. Even though we had never met, it seemed as though I had known you for a lifetime. I felt so welcomed, so comfortable. Things seemed familiar.
And still today, after all of our rendezvous both day and night, I still cherish each fleeting moment when we are together.

My marvelous gracious hostess. You have cared for and looked after so many of us over the years. Your warm embrace has been enjoyed by countless thousands. Your quiet unheard whispers of love and friendship have reached the ears of so many. Our lives have been enriched just by having met you. A dazzling star with brilliance and luster. You give of yourself unendingly and without a moments hesitation. We could not be more pleased and grateful.

In many ways, the love and care you have offered to each of us, is much like the love and care that a mother gives her child. With softness and grace and with every fiber of her body. Unselfishly. Unquestionably. Never asking for anything in return. But always ready to offer even more if that were needed.

We are, and will always be, eternally grateful for all that you have provided for us. Watching over us day and night. Making sure that all of your “children” were safe from harm as they scampered around your amazing playground. Happy and laughing, relaxing, rested, rejoicing. For all of that and more, your mothering qualities have left an indelible mark on our lives. We thank you dear lady.

I will think of you on Mother’s Day and raise a glass to you. I salute you. You are ageless and timeless. I look forward with great anticipation to the day when I will, once again, be enveloped in your embrace. I will be able to see your beautiful smile and I will feel your heartfelt caress against my cheek. There is not a day that goes by when I am not thinking of you. I have a deep and abiding love for you.
for you. My caretaker of the cove.