Thread: bringing gifts

Default bringing gifts

We are thinking about bringing a suitcase full of school supplies and gifts for the employees. This would be the first time I would be bringing in gifts and I am wondering about how you go about it. Would I need to declare my stuff as I came into Jamaica, would they search my bag and would I get into trouble if I did not tell them I am bringing in gifts? I have heard OTC meds are good gift ideas, school supplies, personal items, and candy, are there any other items needed or desired I could bring. I thought about bringing shoes and clothes to leave as well or would that be tacky?

No need to declare, we have brought in many of the things you have listed with no questions at customs. All of your gift ideas are good ones. Not sure about the clothing but we don't see why not.
    You didn't mention which site you are going to but we are CSA'ers and we normally leave our school supplies at the concierge desk. We also do an off-site bar hooping tour called One Love Pub Crawl (Negril side only) and hand out toys etc to kids along the way.

Brad & Carla
    CSA 2012, 2014, 2015
    CN 2017 Oct come soon.

all that's fine. don't worry so much! enjoy

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011, 2019 [25th anniversary]
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary]

What do you plan to say if customs asks if you are bringing anything for people there and you have stuff that is clearly not something for your own use?

you are overthinking it....enjoy

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011, 2019 [25th anniversary]
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary]