Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Default Thanks!

This was very helpful. Thank you everyone!

We leave for CN on January 8th!

Here's one I read about and we tried last year. Brought some dryer fabric softener sheets to put into the drawers with your clothes so they don't get a musty smell from all the humidity. We normally leave the a/c off after our much-loved housekeeper is finished. Like to listen to the sea and night noises all night long. Ahhh...

Bring flip flops in your carry on. I was dying to get out of my regular shoes once we hit MoBay.

I like the idea of business cards with our information already on them for passing out to other guests and staff. I always bring a journal so I can keep track of what we did each day, who we met, what we bought, etc. People always see me writing and say 'I wish I would have thought of that!' I bring mini chocolates (from Halloween) to give to staff, they love that. baggies and some Gladware for desserts back in the room. We always ask for extra desserts to go back to the room but the plates don't really fit in the fridge at CN. Also will bring a travel size bottle of dish detergent and sponge to wash them out. The baggies are great for return trip home because we can put sandwiches, fruit, whatever in them for the bus and the airport (food is too expensive to buy there). If you bring an empty water bottle you can fill it at a water fountain once you get through customs.

Default hangers

There are very few hangers in the room. We called and asked for more as suggested in this post and they were very thin wire ones. You still might want to bring some from home.

Baby powder to keep sand off feet (and in the bed) was the best suggestion I received from this board. The other is to bring bendable straws, much easier to sip your oceanside/poolside drinks from.

Bump for more ideas

I know I have heard a couple of people complain that the room "smells" musty due to the humid air or of smoke my sugeestion would be to purchase the travel size of febreze air effects. when you first arrive spray down all of the fabric and or linens. By the time you return to your room from being on the beach the room will smell better. Or just get a plug in air freshner and plug it into the wall to solve any issue with room smells.

Default Thank You

... for all the great ideas and suggestions!! We are at CTI now - day 3 and already dreading day 7

We spent many a day pouring over the MB's and took all the suggestions to heart. Thanks to you we did not overpack (well, not toooo much) and we have more than we may need to have a relaxing and stress-free, not to mention well chilled bevvie, holiday!

CTI is incredible! The resort is gorgeous, the staff are lovely and warm, the food is delicious (and we have high expectations) and the overall vibe is wonderfully relaxed!

Upon our return home I will post a proper full review but for now...as I sip champagne on our balcony listening to the waves crash against the beach (while DF has a wee nap to recover from a full day by the pool LOL)...I wanted to thank those on the MB who gave us so many helpful hints as well as prepare us for this lovely holiday!!

Cheers!! :-D

Just got back from our Christmas and New Year's trip at CN and it was great!! We brought clips for the towels so they don't come off the loungers. They worked out very well since the wind was pretty strong for a few days and our towels never moved. And, the gladware was a good idea too, we had some sort of dessert in the fridge every day and I even brought some home with it, mmmmm. We took extra plastic clothes hangers which was a good idea too. But, again, way too many clothes! I brought some 'afterbite' this time which helped me out at night so I could sleep.

About the insulate travel mugs...

Some of the posts sound like they think you are not allowed to use them at Couples, that Insulated Travel Mugs are prohibited at Couples.

That is not the way I have interpreted what has been said my management. Is my understanding correct the policy is that Couples will not serve drinks in your travel mug (and you should not put any bartenders in a bad spot by asking them to do so!) but you can bring one to use... poor your drink in it, fill it at the dispenser with soda or water.
    Do I have this right?
    Thanks for any clarification.

My husband and I brought insulated mugs with lids/straw that we got at Bed Bath and Beyond and they were great. After reading the MB, we didn't bother asking the bartenders to make drinks in them... just poured our drink right into the cup after they handed it to us. Plus... you have a full bar in your room so before we headed out to the beach, we filled our cups with Ting and Vodka. Yum!

I use my beach bag as my carry on on the plane. Definately a watch, water shoes and water camera if you are doing Dunns River. Plenty of flip flops!!

This thread has been EXTREMELY helpful...the only thing I didn't see but would add would be earplugs for in the water and swim ear drying aide or peroxide for the ears...I get terrible water in the ears and so does fiance so these are always a MUST have!!!!

Default Travel coffee to go cups

Every time we go to a resort we are disappointed that wherever coffee is served they don't offer to-go cups like at home. It is easy enough to throw a few in your bags with lids. Trust me, people will come up to you and ask where you got them. Great for on the beach in the morning.

For those of you that wear glasses and don't see that well without them you should look into buying a scuba mask with Rx lenses so you can enjoy the snorkeling more. Dive shops offer them and can snap in the prescription you use on the spot. Got this for my wife and she loves it.

Small bottle of baby powder for socks & shoes (due to humidity).
    Travel mug for morning coffee on the beach (resort cups are small).
    Large plastic bag to put your dirty clothes in on the return trip.
    Vinegar packets for your french fries!

Bump- This is great! I have made my list for what I need from everyone's suggestions.. Thanks to everyone for posting..
    11/07/11 here I come!

Anyone who used the "Easy Breeze Doorway Screen Curtain", care to give us a review of your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by lvmcgill View Post
    My husband and I brought insulated mugs with lids/straw that we got at Bed Bath and Beyond and they were great. After reading the MB, we didn't bother asking the bartenders to make drinks in them... just poured our drink right into the cup after they handed it to us. Plus... you have a full bar in your room so before we headed out to the beach, we filled our cups with Ting and Vodka. Yum!
    Ting and Vodka. We call these drinks "Ting Tangs" and we love it!

If you like Mountain Dew then pack a couple in your suitcase. They do not have them at the resort or in any of the airports. Our first trip my husband and I were both craving a mt dew. We got to the airport and all they had was vault in the vending machines. So now every trip we pack 4 small bottles of mt dew to ease the crave. Sounds silly I know.

Not a necessity but we bought a cheap pair of snorkels and goggles that we bring. There's some awesome shells out there but you can't see them without going under water. Also saw plenty of fish as well right in the beach that nobody else knew were there. Saw a sting ray one day too.

Massage oil to practice the couples massage techniques. Keep this one going it's a great one.

Love this thread...

Any recommendations on disposable camera's?

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast