Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

This is an awesome thread! Got a lot of great ideas for our July trip to CN. Just a couple things I thought I would share...

I just bought a bendy flexible tripod (I wanted one anyway) found one for $17 online...I like to set the timer and take shots of us before going out for dinner - well on our trip to CSA in 2007, I had the camera on top of the TV cabinet and BAM! it fell to the floor (the HARD TILE floor!) and it was our 1st or 2nd night so the camera was all jacked up the rest of the trip but still got some good pics.

I always take a photocopy of our passports and make sure a copy of one or both are in all suitcases. Read that somewhere and always do it.

Gals - I just got some tinted lip balm with SPF from MARK (Avon) and i really like it and am going to get another color! Guess I am girly...I need some color on my lips or I look either dead or 12 years old

75 days to CN!! OH and I am definitely going to try the Ting and Vodka!!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
    This is an awesome thread! Got a lot of great ideas for our July trip to CN. Just a couple things I thought I would share...

I just bought a bendy flexible tripod (I wanted one anyway) found one for $17 online...I like to set the timer and take shots of us before going out for dinner - well on our trip to CSA in 2007, I had the camera on top of the TV cabinet and BAM! it fell to the floor (the HARD TILE floor!) and it was our 1st or 2nd night so the camera was all jacked up the rest of the trip but still got some good pics.

I always take a photocopy of our passports and make sure a copy of one or both are in all suitcases. Read that somewhere and always do it.

Gals - I just got some tinted lip balm with SPF from MARK (Avon) and i really like it and am going to get another color! Guess I am girly...I need some color on my lips or I look either dead or 12 years old

75 days to CN!! OH and I am definitely going to try the Ting and Vodka!!

We make the copies of our passports and put them in our luggage as well. We also leave a copy at home with a trusted family member...my parents, husbands parents, etc. You just never know what could happen, I guess if I'm leary enough to make a copy to stick in all my luggage I may as well take that extra step and leave one here too.

Anyone who used the "Easy Breeze Doorway Screen Curtain", care to give us a review of your experience?

We too take copies of passports and birth certificates just in case.

I got a free mini tripod for my camera and plan on bringing it this time. We didn't get enough pictures together last time so hopefully I can set it up for some good ones.

Got some plug ins too for the trip to keep the room smelling good. Plan on leaving it there too so whoever comes after us will appreciate it.

Best thread yet!, Much Thanks to all who took the time to post thier ideas. So many good ones. 39 days till travel time, for us. I am using this to help me with my list.....will check back till we head out and contribute when we get back.

Even thought most vendors take USD, there will be a few that take Jamaican dollars. We have found this to be true on our last two trips. So it's a good idea to take a currency conversation cheat sheet. You can get them and print from the net and they are about credit card sized. Or you can download an app for your Ipod. May not need one, but better safe than sorry. Some do try to scam you, although not many.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyce View Post
    Anyone who used the "Easy Breeze Doorway Screen Curtain", care to give us a review of your experience?
    I bought one from walmart, tried it out at the house and can tell you the thing is great.. It has weight at the bottom to keep the wind from blowing it around and also velco stick tabs to put on the door jam.. I got it as we are leaving for CSA in june but trying it at the house looks like it will be great... Hope this helps.. The Dster.
    Dash & Marie

Quote Originally Posted by MRS View Post
    HI,saw this bar dice post before then lost it, put a post up and it went under games but you probably didnt see it.

what it bar dice? and where do you get it?

I did manage to get waterproof cards(I hope).

Thanks first time CTI in 2 weeks

Marj
    Marj,
    I see this is late, but thought I'd add a post anyway! lol There was a post about a 3-man dice game. Is that the thread you were talking about?
    Michele

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Crystal Light type of packets for when u want something less heavy than juice or non-alcoholic :-)
    Small bills are helpful for the baggage handlers and other times you find yourself off resort.
    Best advice is wait to buy ur Appleton Rum duty free at the airport.
    We also loved shopping with the small vendors that stop by the resorts versus the town excursion. IMO

These are great tips - thanks for sharing everyone! Here's a cool site with a bunch of articles on Travel for Couples - some good suggestions in here as well: http://www.dinklife.com/topic/travel/listing

This will be our first trip to Couples...our 5th to Jamaica. We always bring a 16 oz. drink container with a frozen core (one for each of us). It saves trips to the bar and keeps the frozen drinks nice and cold. We wash it in the evening and place the core in the freezer over night. If you decide to bring one be sure and place it in your checked baggage.....the core contains fluid and the FSA will take it.

Packing for our trip now and threw in some small high powered flashlights for the beach at night. Last time it was so dark and we both wanted to sit out there.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

If this was Facebook, I would "Like" this times 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I always pack a couple of Koozies (friend's idea, not mine) and bendable straws. Yes I am that lazy that I don't want to sit up to drink my drink........

Downy makes a spray called Wrinkle Release. I found a travel sized one at Target. You can spray it on all your clothes you smash into your luggage. It works really fast too; you can spray while you have your clothes on or right before you throw them on. Spray and then a little tugging/pulling and head to dinner.

We found a bar dice game called LCR (Left Center Right) at Bed Bath & Beyond. It is designed for 3 or more people and is a lot of fun, especially if you make people drink a shot when they roll a "C".

I always get a small plastic bottle and put a little bit of dishwashing liquid in it so that I can wash my insulated mug in the room. Red Stripe is good, but when it's been sitting on the inside of a mug for a day or two not so much...

for those of you who posted asking questions about "bar dice" this is a game played mostly in the midwest in my experience (I was born and raised and in Wisconsin). You use 5 regular dice and a dice cup (one of the plastic glasses they serve drinks in works perfectly fine). You can read the rules here: http://www.ehow.com/list_6743038_bar...ame-rules.html . When we are at CN we seem to always end-up at the swim-up bar in the late afternoons playing bar dice on a floatie. It's lots of fun, and fellow Wisconsinites seem to come out of the woodwork to join you!! We ALWAYS travel to CN with our dice and dice cup!

For water cameras, you can't beat a Sony Cybershot and the corresponding Marine Pack for it. The Marine Pack is good to about 40 meters (~130 ft.). I **love** my Sony DSC-TX1 and the Marine Pack I bought for it. Bought and took that setup along on a trip last summer...went snorkeling with it every day. It took awesome pictures (and video). These can be found at http://sonystyle.com

My husband actually plans our hats, especially since he's a baseball cap guy. He takes at least 3 since they don't dry quickly.

What is your recommendation on shoes? Right now I am thinking to bring: flip flops, dressier sandals, watershoes, sneakers - one pair of each. Do I need all of these, or should I scrap the sneakers?

I am going to try to get away w/ just flip flops and dressier sandals...

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Number one thing I brought was one of those to go glasses with the straw. I used it everyday to have lemonade or iced tea (packets I brought). It was nice to have something to carry around. It sure came in handy the day I got sick. I also brought disposable coffee cups with lids which I used daily. Forget the condiments, you won't use them. Same with the bendable straws. Our first aide kit did come in handy as did the Downey Wrinkle release. Bug spray is a must. I got bit several times even with it on. We used about 3 bottles of sunscreen. Alka seltzer was a great idea and so were allergy pills. Leave in conditioner, hair clips and ponytails will probably save you some aggravation. A small beach bag was nice too. The battery operated tea lights looked very pretty on our deck. The only other thing I used lots of was an assortment of cover ups.

Some thoughts...

I thought there was plenty of light without a flashlight. But, we didn't walk on the beach after dark. That is probably the only place you might need it.

If you are going to use the dumb bells in the fitness room, you might want gloves, as they are a bit rough on the hands.

You key for your room is on a coiled plastic lanyard that fits on your wrist. I found ours to be a bit too loose, and it almost fell off several times. Might want to bring one of those. Might be able to exchange for a different one at the resort, but just saying...........

Quote Originally Posted by Seandymon View Post
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know, as I have been seeing a lot of discussion about bringing mugs,etc. in this thread. It is Couples Resorts policy to only serve drinks in glasses and cups supplied by the resorts. If bartenders are caught pouring into non-couples mugs they will get in trouble. So, please leave these at home, there is really no need for them.
    I bring an insulated coffee mug as I like to walk around with my coffee, and those little cups you have are just too darn small.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrubb7 View Post
    We found a bar dice game called LCR (Left Center Right) at Bed Bath & Beyond. It is designed for 3 or more people and is a lot of fun, especially if you make people drink a shot when they roll a "C".
    I have this game!! That will be a great game to play with the shot at C!!! Thanks! That and a fun deck of cards to play the card game a**hole with!

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast