Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default The "I wish I would have thought of that" thread

Have you been to Couples in the past and seen something that someone else had brought with them and thought "I wish I would have thought of that"? For example, we throw in a dozen or so of the Crystal Light type drink pouches that are made to mix with a bottle of water for those times when you're not ready for alcohol and soda just doesn't sound good. We always have people tell us they wish they would have thought of that. Any other ideas out there?

Packs of pocket-sized wet wipes. Don't leave home without them.
    Wendy

szap,
    I'm trying to avoid that. I will be a first timer in Oct., and I have no idea what prepare for. I just know I made the right decision to pick Couples. I keep a Couples notebook by my computer, and keep a list of good suggestions, like yours. So, please keep them comming. I'm trying to give my bride the time of her life. Thank You. Jonathan&Nikki (Martinsburg,WV)

On a similar note to Earthbiscuit's, you might consider the small packets of Woolite, Shout spot cleaning wipes, and similar cleaning items you might find in a travel aisle of a Target or similar store.

It's not designed for cleaning all your clothes (hey, you're on vacation!), but if you have that one item you just have to wear again and you got a stain on it or need to do a hand wash, that stuff works pretty well in a sink.

Dicapac cover for your digital camera. It is a waterproof plastic casing that keeps your camera clean and dry, so there is no need for disposable underwater cameras! Check out www.dicapac.com or you can find them on Ebay!

Some great stuff!! Thanks all. The waterproof camera cover made me think of one, we have one of the medium size water-proof bags that are sold primarily for canoers. It is great to pack up the things we will tak to the beach (or CTI island if you're so inclined) like camera, books, cigarettes, etc. in case we get caught in the rain. This folds up flat and easily fits in a suitcase.

With questions like this, I always recommend a couple of ink pens (blue or black) in your carry on. You'll need them to fill out the customs/immigration paperwork on the plane. There never seem to be enough pens to go around.

We also bring a few ziplock bags of various sizes (up to a gallon) Good to pack liquids/gels, like sun block, in them just incase of a leak. Also come in handy if your swim suit isn't quite dry before you have to pack for home. And keeps those sandy shoes from getting sand all over everything else in your suitcase.

I wish I would have thought about 100% DEET, bugs got me good. I had Deep woods and it wasnt enough.

My boyfriend wished he would have brought another can of snuff due to a can at resort is 17 dollars and he only brought one.

I wished I would have not brought so much, too many shoes, and I wished I would have brought am underwater camera.

Everything else they help you with if you do not have it so no worries man, dont stress about it, but be careful we paid 50 bucks more coming back due to I bought heavy stuff and it put me over 50lbs. OUCH...

Quote Originally Posted by szap View Post
    Some great stuff!! Thanks all. The waterproof camera cover made me think of one, we have one of the medium size water-proof bags that are sold primarily for canoers. It is great to pack up the things we will tak to the beach (or CTI island if you're so inclined) like camera, books, cigarettes, etc. in case we get caught in the rain. This folds up flat and easily fits in a suitcase.

Great ideal. I brought mine this past May and used it for Dunn's River.

Boy I wish I'd seen that link for the UW camera case before. They have an excellnt one for my Canon powershot that I located for 54.00. That's a sweet price. We bought a cheep digital camera and Underwater case for 50. recently (Good to 50 ft)....wish I hadn't now.
    Anyone wanna buy an UW camera? Make me an offer.Here is the same one on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/VuPoint-DC-ST5...6291361&sr=8-1

NeedBlueWater thanks so much for the reminder on the ink pens, how true it is!!! Also, got the zip locks ready to go!

Bring extra hangers for the room, especially if you are staying more than a week. Although there are about 10 hangers in the room, that's not enough if you have dresses, skirts, slacks and tops.

Although I would not recommend you watch the clock while on vacation, sometimes it's nice to know what time it is while your sitting on the beach enjoying yourself.

If you book something like snorkelling or the catamaran, you have to know what time it is so you don't miss it!

Anyways, my wife and I had an old wrist watch in our beach bag for this purpose. Neither of us were interested in wearing a watch while suntanning, so this served the purpose perfectly.

Again, not so that we could watch the time constantly, but sometimes it's good to know what time it is!

WE always over pack! Its amazing how much we bring...We are going to try to scale it back next year....
    -Otter,

We brought beer cozies which worked great to keep our drinks cold. The plastic drinks they serve drinks in on the beach fit perfectly in them and it is so hot there that the frozen drinks melt fast.

We also brought battery operated candles and our favorite incense which made for a very romantic ambiance in the room.

Skintastic bug spray worked great for us. It didn't smell that great, but the only night I got sand flea bites was when I forgot to put it on. (from the knees down before going out)

I always pack a couple of Koozies (friend's idea, not mine) and bendable straws. Yes I am that lazy that I don't want to sit up to drink my drink........

we started taking a flash light for the late night walks on the beach. last august we were walking on the beach at CN and saw a huge sting ray right off the beach.

The 2ofus--please e-mail me when you get this. I may be interested in your camera.

holliek@gmail.com
    HUSKERHONEY

I always pack a plastic bag of all the OTC drugs I might need while there, as they are rather expensive in the gift shop.I.E Excedrin,Pepto (tablet form),Robitussin(liquid gel)Zantac,Ibuprofen and Acetominephen, band aids, neosporin, (you get the idea). If there are any others you can think of,add them. In the 9 years we have been going to Jamaica, I have needed at least one or two and after paying top dollar for them in the gift shop, have created my own "Jamaican first aid bag".

Don't forget hydrocortisone cream for bug bites!

Quote Originally Posted by aurxdoc05 View Post
    Dicapac cover for your digital camera. It is a waterproof plastic casing that keeps your camera clean and dry, so there is no need for disposable underwater cameras! Check out www.dicapac.com or you can find them on Ebay!
    Does the plastic interfere with the picture quality?

One other thing we have found that comes in handy is one of the small lense cleaning kits made for cleaning eyeglasses. The kind of kit that consists of a small spray bottle of cleaning solution and a cleaning cloth. the spots left by ocean spray or pool water on sunglasses can be hard to clean off without it. It is also great for cleaning camera lenses and screens.

Default Dicapac

I have not noticed any difference in picture quality when using the Dicapac. These pictures were taken with the Dicapac casing on the camera. The only thing you have to be aware of is making sure that camera is lined up appropriately so you don't get any black in the corners of your photos (as in the last one here).
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Default things we learned after 7 trips

Like all the others we have learned to bring the plastic bags, medicine, etc. etc.
    One thing we do, I do not know if the resort really approves of is:

We personally do not like to sleep with the air con on, we want to hear the tree frogs, breeze, and ocean. However, how to open the patio type doors and not get eaten alive by bugs.

Last year I purchased a large piece of bug netting on the internet for about $20.00. every evening we open the doors all the way up, hang the nice white bug netting and are able to sleep very comfortably without any bugs in the room.

One upgrade i would love to see CN make is to add screen doors to the patio doors for just this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by CNbeachbums View Post
    we started taking a flash light for the late night walks on the beach. last august we were walking on the beach at CN and saw a huge sting ray right off the beach.
    That's a super cool idea!!! It would be so romantic to walk on the beach at night, but it's pitch dark at CSA.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast