Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by texanagg View Post
    I would be very careful of the plastic case that goes over the camera. I use to own one and so did a friend and they are not as waterproof as they may advertise. Lost all the pictures of the vacation. It might be an isolated case but I would suggest buying the Olympus underwater camera. Best investment I have made. No worries around the pool or ocean and covered by the warranty if it does leak. Most of the plastic cases are not made by the manufacturer so the camera is not covered if it leaks. Here is the link

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...p?product=1448
    We bought one of these and love it! Its waterproof, sandproof (Which is the worst thing for cameras) and drop proof.

This has been a GREAT thread. I added everything on this list and just got back from buying 4 more pieces of luggage to fit it all!

SueBoo brought plastic light up martini glasses for several of us who were celebrating birthdays. They were so much fun, great conversation starters...and the staff really liked them too. They'd be a great leave behind.

Not sure where she got them, but I found them here: http://www.flashingblinkylights.com/...FSAkagodrFexWA.

I always bring a large mug/straw for water. You can always get ice and wonderful-tasting water right at the self-service bar on the beach. Too much sodium in the bottled water for me. Ice is always available also, close to your room in the hallway.

Aurxdoc05--- were you there last june/July?? You look familiar.

We enjoy drinking a glass of wine while getting ready for supper. We always buy a bottle of wine at the duty free shop and bring plastic wine glasses in our luggage. That way if no wine glasses are supplied in our room, it's not a hassle finding glasses.

Default Request for a CD player

cleversole and NEEDBLUEWATER - When we were at CSA last year, I requested a CD player and they told me that they didn't have any. We're not lucky enough to have been to the other Couples resorts to know if they do or not...yet!
    Island Girl

I am not 100% sure, but I heard that all Couples resorts now had iHomes in place of CD players.

All of the above suggestions are great. Quart and gallon size zipper bags
    have used them for "ice bags" when husband injured wrist getting out of pool. Also use them to pack liquids for the trip home. Had a jar of jerk seasoning break in the suitcase one year, had it in a ziplock, it kept the mess contained so it didn't get all over our clothing etc.
    Yammy
    CTI/April Amigos

I always travel with a small string of "christmas" lights (I call them stars!) They plug right in and provide just enough soft light for whenever I want - close to the bed if I am reading, farther away if they are too bright.....

last trip we were able to pull some out toward the deck which was nice.

Buy your calling cards at the airport. They did not sell them at the gift shop at CN.

I brought a huge insulated cup for coffee. It came in handy especially in the morning since I like LOTS of coffee and the cups the resort supplies is small. Other things I'll be bringing again are lots of shampoo/conditioner, sunscreen, Woolite for clothes/bathing suits, trash bag for dirty clothes, CDs for the room, candles/incense, flashlight, and less clothes. Hubby and I came home with more clean, unworn clothes than what we wore. Also, I will buy more swimsuit coverups before our trip. Since we are planning a Christmas getaway to CSA this year, I would like to bring some Christmas lights to decorate our balcony. Last year, others who did made the resort look so festive! We also brought a bag of Hershey's chocolate kisses which we left on the bed every night. The ladies were so appreciative and we were spoiled with our sheets turned down!

Wow, what an impressive list... After reading through all of the posts I decided to make a single list of the highlights:

Bubble wrap for getting your breakables home, i.e. RUM CREAM!!
    Tide pen or woollite sheets
    Pens for your carry on bag
    Large and small zip lock bags
    A watch, just in case you wonder what time it is
    A beach bag for easier travel back and forth
    A mini first aid kit, band aids, Motrin, Pepto, Hydrocortisone cream
    Bug spray or wipes
    Sunscreen... it's Jamaica after all... min 50 spf for AN areas! LOL
    Ipod... the docking stations are also chargers.
    Nintendo DS or PSP if reading books all the time isn't your thing
    Bendable straws
    Can Koozies, be original and win bonus points.
    A trash or laundry bag for your worn clothes
    School supplies to give something back to the wonderful people of the island.
    Most of all a relaxed spirit and great attitude. You're on island time when you're there.

I hope this helps!

Real simple vacation photo memory. Write your names, Jamaica and the year in the sand then take a photo including your shadows and a palm tree. It turned out way cool and decorates our Couples wall of art and photos.

Dave and Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by claire7676 View Post
    Why do you need to bring floaties when you can use the lounger cushions? I thought those were GREAT!
    Me too, one of my favorite things about Couples is the seat cushions that double as rafts, LOVE those rafts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jilton View Post
    We bought one of these and love it! Its waterproof, sandproof (Which is the worst thing for cameras) and drop proof.
    Thanks for the tip! I should be getting mine in the next couple of days...can't wait to use it when we are back in Jamaica mon, hopefully 8/2 thru 8/9.

Our digital we brought with us carped out on us on the catamaran...grrr I really think it was the humidity change that could have done it because once we got back home, the camera was fine. Thankfully hubby had his camera phone we used to tide us over

We always bring noise-cancelling headphones for the plane flights. Makes a HUGE difference in how you feel when you arrive. Also blocks out most other passenger noises (crying babies, loud talkers, etc.) Plus you can patch your MP3 player or the plane's radio/TV into the headphones and listen in peace and quiet.

We learned this from a couple in Mexico. We always bring special chair/lounger covers. These are made of terry cloth and have a pocket on one side. At the corners, the covers tie to the chair. We also bring light-weight backpacks for carrying "stuff" to the beach.

Consider taking along a box of the Emergen-C vitamin packets (powder). These are the BEST hangover preventers I have ever used. Just make sure to drink one in a glass of water BEFORE bed and NOT in the morning. The electrolytes in them replenish your body so well. As we all know, it is easy to get caught up in the drinks at the swim-up bar combined with dinner drinks then piano bar drinks which can lead to a gruesome, headachy bloated face event the next morning. We go to Mardi Gras every year and I can't recall my last hangover. Now, off to my 10 am AA meeting...Also, a bottle of aloe vera! Somebody always loses track of the sun and needs pain relief...

Things we must have:

Koozies to keep beer cold.

Garlic Powder for my Bloody Mary. (I carry Garlic Powder in my purse all the time for Bloody Marys.

Ear Plugs for my husband because he doesnt get out of bed until 10 and I get up at 430 or 5 everymorning.

Walkie Talkies, its along way from building G to the beach. This way we can communicate if I am on the beach and he is still in the room from drinking coffee.

If you like Bloody Caesars bring your own spices such as the "rimmer" salt, Worchester and Tabasco sauces. When we forget we've gone to the store across the road from CSA and picked up sauces similar to Worchester and Tabasco but they never have "rimmer". We always leave the spices in the room for the next guest to enjoy.
    Hope I remember to pack them myself this year.
    Karon

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlover View Post
    Can one use the pads on the lounge chairs to float in the ocean or are they just for the pool? In Playa del Carmen, they let you use them in the pool - not the ocean.

Is it true, at CSA you can't bring your own mugs?
    You can use the floats in the ocean and the pool. You can bring your own mugs (for ice water), but the bartenders are not allowed to fill them up with drinks from the bar. They will get into trouble.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydog View Post
    Is it possible to mail stuff back to the USA?
    Yes, but international shipping isn't very cheap and you'll have to fill out a customs form for the contents.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Others have mentioned the woolite, but for those of you not in the know. A quick wash in woolite makes your swimsuit dry faster. It is very humid and takes things forever to dry. I was amazed at how well it worked.

Default baby powder

if you apply baby powder to your body parts that are sandy, the sand will just fall off.
    can't wait!! only 207 more days!

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast