Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

I wanted to add - pack some of your clothes in your suitcase and then some in your partners. Our last trip, my luggage was lost for 2 days. Thankfully, someone gave me this tip and I had a couple swimsuits, undies, t-shirts and shorts packed in my husbands bag.

Quote Originally Posted by LilBailey View Post
    Do you need to bring beach towels? I've heard that some resorts have them for you to use, but I wasn't sure if I should buy some and pack them. We're booking our first trip to CSA in November!!
    No need to pack beach towels. They are provided and you can turn them in every day for fresh ones. Save the luggage space and enjoy!

We are first timers staying at CN from 10-02 thru 10-09 and have a question about the toiletries the resort provides. Is it just basic shampoo, conditioner and body wash or do they include lotion, etc.? We want to pack as light as possible and not take a lot of toiletries if we won't need them. We are getting excited and we love the message boards...I find myself going on here once a day to see what's new.

Quote Originally Posted by sandkl View Post
    In addition to the travel mugs, we bring food storage containers (smallest size available). We fill them with water and freeze them in the room fridge over night. One of the containers makes a good sized ice cube for your drink. It will last you well past the time when the beach bar opens.

We also bring tea light candles for "mood" lighting in our room or balcony.
    Candles are not permitted, just like the mugs. LED candles are acceptable.

oh! good to know! thanks, KrisJamie!

Just a thought... but with all the talk of alcohol and coolers :-)...

Bring a camelbak. I was issued one when I won an all expenses paid trip to the Magic Kingdom (of Saudi Arabia), and now if I am going anywhere remotely warm I won't leave home without it. Fill it in the morning with as much Ice as you can fit, then add water and you have a good amount of cold water well past mid-day. Depending on the type you have, it will have enough room to carry the essentials for the day as well, like sunscreen, etc.
    - Doc

I want my toes in the water, butt in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand... life is good today, life is good today.

Default Camelbak

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    Just a thought... but with all the talk of alcohol and coolers :-)...

Bring a camelbak. I was issued one when I won an all expenses paid trip to the Magic Kingdom (of Saudi Arabia), and now if I am going anywhere remotely warm I won't leave home without it. Fill it in the morning with as much Ice as you can fit, then add water and you have a good amount of cold water well past mid-day. Depending on the type you have, it will have enough room to carry the essentials for the day as well, like sunscreen, etc.
    Funny -- our entire family now has CamelBak's and we take them everywhere with us. (Including the Magic Kingdom -- not of Saudi Arabia. ) We find that it's a fabulous way to keep our hands free and stay hydrated at the same time.

Don't know how well it would work at Couples, tho... The mouthpiece might get kind-a sandy.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by cleversole View Post
    No need to pack beach towels. They are provided and you can turn them in every day for fresh ones. Save the luggage space and enjoy!
    Thanks Cleversole!!

Default water socks?

Wish I had come on here sooner...we are going to CTI in less than two weeks, very excited, and trying to make sure I'm covered with all the things needed for an amazing trip. I love this thread it's been really helpful, so keep it coming. I was wondering about the water socks, you said they were available for purchase or rental---how much? and is this at all the couples?

Quote Originally Posted by danag View Post
    We just arrived home. Here is what I took from all these suggestions and my feedback. Everyone is different so you may not need some of the stuff:
    Conditioner-a must after being in water
    Tums- we did not have any problems as a PP had mentioned, but glad we took them just in case.
    Crystal Light-Did not use. We never got tired for drinking water or fruit juice or mixed drinks. Someone mentioned the sweetness of drinks and their drinks are very sweet but I just asked for a glass of 1/2 juice and 1/2 water.
    Koozies-used once. Guess we drink our drinks fast enough
    Water socks- a must for Dunn's River, but you can also buy/rent at the resort gift shop
    After Sun Gel- I took just a small bottle b/c someone mentioned it being in the room. I never had any left in the room, but purchased at the gift shop when I ran out and it was only $5.
    Insulated mugs-we did not take, but since there has been so much discussion thought I would mention. I only saw one couple with the cups and did see a bartender fill-up. I think it is best to leave them at home and not ask the bartenders to do something they are told not to do.

I think that is it! We had a great time and would go back tomorrow if we could

For the cost/space/weight of a couple of pairs of dry watersocks/slippers buy them before you go. You will use them. As far as renting them? ewwwww

Not sure its been listed before but bring a small flashlight, they are great for navigating the paths at CN after dark or walking to the beach and not tripping on chairs, tables, ashtray -stones, other couples...
    I also use it in the closet to see the safe better..

also worked great for checking out those huge land crabs behind building 6 late at night...

Quote Originally Posted by PermanentVacashun View Post
    Not sure its been listed before but bring a small flashlight, they are great for navigating the paths at CN after dark or walking to the beach and not tripping on chairs, tables, ashtray -stones, other couples...
    I also use it in the closet to see the safe better..

also worked great for checking out those huge land crabs behind building 6 late at night...
    We ran into the large crab behind building 6 too! It sure gave me a good scare, we'll have to remember the flashlight this year!

Quote Originally Posted by cleversole View Post
    We ran into the large crab behind building 6 too! It sure gave me a good scare, we'll have to remember the flashlight this year!
    Take a walk along the water at night with the flashlight. It's neat to see what is swimming along shore at night too. We did it just about everynight after dinner for something to do.

Default Bring Extra $

With everything I will want to bring (as suggested by reading many posts) - toiletries, sun products, bug products), trying to fit everything in little 3/4 oz containers (as required by airlines) just isn't going to happen lol Especially for a 10 day stay. I think I'll bring what I simply can't do without. What isn't suitably supplied by Couples I'll buy there and chalk it up to trip expenses

Thanks for the suggested items of a small flashlight, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, bug net, drink crystal packets, etc. They are definitely on my list of "don't forget" stuff. As are mini board games and a deck of cards.

The 3/4oz containers only pertains to carry ons. If you put any of the stuff in your checked baggage you can bring whatever size you like.

Before I went to CTI last year, I found a link to a "packing list" here on the forums... it was very helpful! I just skimmed through it and removed the things that didn't apply. (ie. you don't need bug spray at CTI)

That said, this list is very cool, lets keep it going.

I saw lots of talk about under water camera cases... I had an expensive case for my old Canon point and shoot, it was made by Canon but both were about 5 years old.. I had used the case a couple times before, but never really for diving. It was rated for 90m or something... way deeper than I was going. It worked great in the surf, worked great snorkeling, and worked great at Dunn's river falls, however, at the shipwreck, it gave up the ghost and I saw some trickles of water in there... sure enough, it didn't take much at that pressure, the seal failed and my camera was rendered useless.. good news, I got the photos off the memory card that were on there from previous excursions... bad news, I sacrificed my old camera to the water gods. I blame it on a bad seal that was many years old.. I would totally buy the new UW case from Canon for my new point and shoot... the bad thing is that they cost as much as the cameras do...

As for snorkeling gear, I bought my own masks and snorkels.. used provided fins.

I think our only issue was that we would always head back to our room at night with nothing to drink... We didn't have our couples water bottles with us at dinner or after dancing, entertainment, etc... and no mini-bar in the non-suites at cti.. so we need some sort of reminder or cooler or something so that we'd have some beverages to drink at night. Maybe a small bag cooler would work? Will the bar give you bottled beer with caps on it to take back to your room? Can you ask for a bottle of wine or champagne on the way to your room and a couple glasses? We never tried...

Quote Originally Posted by KidsNorth ON CA View Post
    With everything I will want to bring (as suggested by reading many posts) - toiletries, sun products, bug products), trying to fit everything in little 3/4 oz containers (as required by airlines) just isn't going to happen lol Especially for a 10 day stay. I think I'll bring what I simply can't do without. What isn't suitably supplied by Couples I'll buy there and chalk it up to trip expenses

Thanks for the suggested items of a small flashlight, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, bug net, drink crystal packets, etc. They are definitely on my list of "don't forget" stuff. As are mini board games and a deck of cards.

KidsNorth - just wanted to make sure you knew that you can have any size toiletries in your CHECKED BAG. The 3oz rule only applies to your carry-on bag.
    You can get a whole list of allowed/prohibited items at the TSA web site - or check this out also. We found it very helpful - http://www.seatguru.com/articles/tsa...ited_items.php
    Hope that helps.

Terry and Kathy
    CSS Jan27-Feb5 2011

Quote Originally Posted by KidsNorth ON CA View Post

Kidsnorth On, We had 10 days August 3-13, had two bags each weighed in at just about 50 lbs. We came home with one full suitcase of dirty clothes and one full suitcase of never worn clothes. Really look over what you take, start with swim suits, 4 each for starters,after that really cut you will need less than you can ever imagine. Also I took several t-shirts and golf shirts , next trip Iam taking less and Iam going to buy some tshirts from the vendors there that I might wear once or twice while Iam there, especially the Bob Marley shirts on Reggae night...

Bring less stuff! I didn't need any of the t-shirts and shorts that I brought. What I really needed was a bunch of swimsuits and coverups (at least 4)plus clothes for dinner. I wore capris and sundresses for dinner. I spent all day in my suit. The humidy was so high that clothing never dried! I got tired of always being in a wet suit( and I had 2). I would also suggest a plastic garbage bag to take home all the damp and dirty laundy.

Default Thanks!

The ideas are great and please keep them coming! We're going to CSA Sept 11 - 20 for our 10th Anniversary on the 16th and decided to stay for my birthday on the 19th. YAH! This is our first trip to a Couples resort and the tips are greatly appreciated!!
    Betsy & Bruce Byrd
    ~~_/)~~

Barren, I have two Canon Elph cameras, SD100 and SD900. I have the underwater cases for each. I always buy a new seal for the underwater case each year before we go. That way I don't have to worry about the seal failing.

One thing I always bring is a night light. It saves stubbing toes on furniture in the middle of the night in a strange room. You can bring the electric eye plug in ones but the last few years we have brought the Do It lights that we get at the hardware store. They have a battery in and we have found that if you make sure you shut them off in the morning they last about 8-9 days of running them all night.

Wish I can bring a case of "Samuel Adams Beer"

I saw someone ask before, but I haven't seen an answer yet... How bad are the bugs? I realize that it depends on what time of year one goes, but we are going the last week of September and would like to know if we need to waste space on bug repellent, or if a small package of wipes would do?

We went to CN in mid-October last year. The only time we encountered bugs was at sunset...and then only on the beach...the sand flies were ferocious

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast