Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

A small spray bottle of bug spray will not waste much space. You can also buy it at the resort store. At least at CN they had some. I sprayed some just before we went to dinner for the nightly beach walk we did. Bugs never bothered us unless we were on the beach at sunset. And even then it was not bad. We were there this time last September. Heading back next June.

Not a "what to bring", but I saw this in another spot and thought it belonged here.

Do Dunn's River Falls on Sunday, as cruise ships do not hit Ocho Rios on that day. Much smaller crowd!

Default I wish I had thought of that thread

I line my cases with sweet smelling drawer liners and then transfer them to the drawers and wardrobes in the room. I choose the ones that are gender neutral to keep hubby happy!!!!
    Because I seem to attract any insect that bites, and I do mean any,I take a plug in insectacide.
    I really like this thread.

HI,saw this bar dice post before then lost it, put a post up and it went under games but you probably didnt see it.

what it bar dice? and where do you get it?

I did manage to get waterproof cards(I hope).

Thanks first time CTI in 2 weeks

Marj

Default Thank you!

I'm so happy that I found this thread! My husband and I are leaving in 29 days for CSS for our 10 year anniversary (our first time to an all inclusive resort) and obviously we cannot wait! My 'things to pack' list has tripled in size thanks to this thread but the ideas are so helpful! Thanks to all those helping me out! Maybe we will meet some of you!

Mike and Lisa
    Michigan

DEFINITELY gallon Ziploc bags and some sort of beach bag to schlep your stuff (sunscreen, camera, etc.) in so you don't have to carry it all or keep going back to your room to drop off/pick up. Learned that lesson the hard way last time!

Here is a list of the Wish have's that I bring.
    travel sizes (you can pick them up in the travel asile of walmart, target)
    1.tide
    2.wet ones
    3.first aide kit
    4.aspirin,pepto,benedryl,cold medicine, ect
    5.skin so soft (by avon)oil. the bugs hate it and will not bit.
    6.femine needs
    7.sewing kit
    8.lip balm
    9.beach bag-this comes in handy. you can carry everything in it.
    10.water proof money holder
    this is just to name a few things.

I just ordered my UW case and jotted down all of the items that apply. Quite a few I really didn't think of. Thanks for the great ideas!!

31 days to go
    Soon2B Mrs "H"

Default cover for camera

Looking for a waterproof cover for my digital camera...any advice where to get one??
    Thanks
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by blueizzntx View Post
    Looking for a waterproof cover for my digital camera...any advice where to get one??
    Thanks
    Lisa
    This is what I use. For the little bit of water photos I take versus the price of this product, it works well for me. This was mentioned earlier in this thread by someone else. They included sample pictures as well.

My next camera will probably be a waterproof one, but for now, this is sufficient for my needs.

http://www.dicapac.com/
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by LilBailey View Post
    Do you need to bring beach towels? I've heard that some resorts have them for you to use, but I wasn't sure if I should buy some and pack them.
    ....They are supplied. Just keep track of your's.

Quote Originally Posted by szap View Post
    Have you been to Couples in the past and seen something that someone else had brought with them and thought "I wish I would have thought of that"?
    ....Reading material. It's a LONG flight. And you may want something for the beach. And, if you need glasses, get something tinted.

I make up 'business cards' that have all of our information on it to share with our new friends so we can stay in contact after we return home.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    I make up 'business cards' that have all of our information on it to share with our new friends so we can stay in contact after we return home.
    .....Smart idea.

We took all our new friends up to the game room at the same time. One person logged into Facebook and "friended" everyone else, then the next person and so on. It worked great!

After just getting back from CSS, here are some observations on what to bring:

- don't bother with the battery-powered tealites for mood lighting. There is romance enough without them. I never even opened ours.
    - we had no trouble getting sand off our bodies, so we never used the baby power we brought.
    - Bug spray is a good idea for your knees down. I brought wipes instead.
    - We were the only one with twinkle lights on our balcony, and we loved that!
    - We never used the woolite to wash our bathing suits and make them dry faster. Suits dry in two days.
    - You only need 2 bathing suits. Rotate.
    - I WAY overpacked. 2 bathing suits, 3 - 4 cover ups, 3 pairs of shorts, 3 tank tops, 2 t-shirts, and 3 sundresses should suffice nicely.
    - Something not mentioned: Old Navy flip flops are SLIPPERY when it's raining. Bring at least one pair of sandals with traction if you don't want to break your neck.
    - I wish I had brought a mosquito net to cover the patio doorway so that we could leave the door open and listen to the ocean.
    - The bathroom does not vent. We showered with the windows open and until the steam and temp were back to normal. For "smells", I found a tiny little neutralizer spray at Bed Bath and Beyond in the candle section. Much better than a big can of Glade or something.
    - I wish I would have brought towel clips, but BBandB was out of them.
    - Don't bother with the shopping trips. Instead, negotiate with the beach vendors, buy things in the gift shop, and buy the rest at the airport on your way home. They get you to the airport WAY before your flight, so you'll have time.
    - If you buy duty free alcohol at the airport, be advised that you will HAVE TO CHECK IT at your airport transfer in the states when you go through customs. This was a nightmare for us, but luckily we worked it out. If you have a direct flight, then no worries.
    - I tanned before I went, and SPF 30 worked just fine and I only used 1 bottle, not 2. I also brought spray for my head, ears and back. SPF 50 I used just on my nose. I didn't get burned at all; my hubby got red shoulders, but not bad. I think we should have reapplied on him, but the SPF level was fine.
    - TRY TO BOOK MORE DAYS THAN YOU THINK YOU WANT. You will wish you had once you get there. We wish we had stayed just one more day. We arrived Friday afternoon and left the following Friday at the crack of dawn, so we didn't get a full Friday. Next time, we'll go Wednesday through Sunday - 10 days.
    - Bendy straws are awesome, and everyone will be jealous. Bring enough to share.
    - Jamaican ketchup is sweeter than ours, but it's still yummy. However, I brought little ketchup packets and used them.
    - Our room didn't smell stuffy, but we still put Bounce sheets everywhere, and it did make the room smell good.
    - Our activities director said they can really use pens and note pads. Also small bottles of OTC medications, makeup, travel sizes of toiletries, hair accessories, school supplies (although saw very few employees who were married and possibly had kids).

Hope that helps! We can't wait to book our next trip. CSS was wonderful!

If you bring mosquito netting - how much do you bring and how do you hang it? We are staying at CN in a beachfront suite. Is it just one door or a double door? Thumbtacks or just tape? I really want to leave my door open at night, but am a magnet for bugs.

Default School Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Sueboo View Post
    I used to pack our shoes in large gallon flat bottom zipper bags but I don't think they make them anymore. (I can't find them in Wisconsin anyway). Now I save the zipper bags that sheets sets come in and they are perfect for packing shoes. I can fit 2 pair in a bag and put them in the bottom of my suitcase with the clothes on top. I also use them to carry the school supplies that I donate to the resort sponsored schools and on the trip home I use them to store souvenirs.
    What types of supplies do you bring down for the schools? I would also like to do the same. Do you know the approximate ages of the students? I'm going down in February.

thanks
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

Nice to know someone else going in Feb. We'll be at CSS!!!
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

We bring packets of Sweet n' Lo because that's our preferred non-sugar sweetener. I think they only serve Equal and Splenda at Couples.

I'm leaving for CTI on Saturday and found the cooolest thing at wal-mart! After reading the discussion about netting around the doorways, I found an "Easy Breeze Doorway Screen Curtain". It has a tension rod so it will fit about any doorway 38" X 81". It was only $12 so I think it will be a great buy for our multiple trips to the island that we tend to make. I found it in the screen section if you are interested in checking them out. Hopefully it will pass through security as long as it is in my checked baggage

Quote Originally Posted by Huckens View Post
    If you bring mosquito netting - how much do you bring and how do you hang it? We are staying at CN in a beachfront suite. Is it just one door or a double door? Thumbtacks or just tape? I really want to leave my door open at night, but am a magnet for bugs.
    I bought a Easy Breeze Doorway screen curtain with a tension rod for $12 at Walmart. It looks easy to use and wont take up much space in the luggage. Be cautious with leaving your door open when you are on the ground floors. We never had any problems but CN is very dark in the evenings and people walk right past those doors depending on where your room is located.

Quote Originally Posted by crodgers09 View Post
    I bought a Easy Breeze Doorway screen curtain with a tension rod for $12 at Walmart. It looks easy to use and wont take up much space in the luggage. Be cautious with leaving your door open when you are on the ground floors. We never had any problems but CN is very dark in the evenings and people walk right past those doors depending on where your room is located.
    Thank you so much for responding!!! We are 69 days away from CN (December 26 - January 2)and cannot wait. Part of me wants to be on the first floor to walk right out to the beach, but another one, for safety and privacy wants to be higher! Guess I will take what I get. I am sure it will all work out and be lovely no matter what.

Thank you so much for responding!!! We are 69 days away from CN (December 26 - January 2)and cannot wait. Part of me wants to be on the first floor to walk right out to the beach, but another one, for safety and privacy wants to be higher! Guess I will take what I get. I am sure it will all work out and be lovely no matter what.
    I'm sure at CN you will be pleased either way! I could not think of a bad thing to say about them during our trip. I'm going to CTI next week and am wondering if I made the right decision to try something new. The good news is as long as you stick with Couples you can't go wrong. I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did!

I'm so glad that Easy Breeze Doorway Screen was mentioned. Since so many of us refer to Couples as our "home," I always felt badly about people talking about "putting up mosquito netting...." How would you feel about people coming into your home and potentially ruining your door molding by putting up a net with tacks or nails(!) or tape that might remove the paint??? This tension rod screen seems to do the trick without the worry about defacing any part of the room. For all of those who enjoy the evening sounds, please please do invest in this tension rod set up.

Respect....

Thank you so much for responding!!! Part of me wants to be on the first floor to walk right out to the beach, but another one, for safety and privacy wants to be higher! Guess I will take what I get. I am sure it will all work out and be lovely no matter what.
    ...For the buildings at CN, there are 39 steps to the 3rd floor. The view is worth it.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast