Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Janeinpenn View Post
    ...Everything else they help you with if you do not have it so no worries man, dont stress about it, but be careful we paid 50 bucks more coming back due to I bought heavy stuff and it put me over 50lbs. OUCH...
    In order to ensure that our bags are evenly distributed and don't get over 50lbs, we bring a lightweight fishing scale that goes up to 50 lbs, as well as an empty duffle or beach bag. We weigh our luggage before we go home, and if we are over 50lbs on each suitcase (or 40lbs for some flights), we can just toss the extra weight into the duffle bag and bring it on as a carry-on

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know, as I have been seeing a lot of discussion about bringing mugs,etc. in this thread. It is Couples Resorts policy to only serve drinks in glasses and cups supplied by the resorts. If bartenders are caught pouring into non-couples mugs they will get in trouble. So, please leave these at home, there is really no need for them.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

With only two of us we use a splitter with two sets of ear buds for the IPOD (assuming you both can appreciate the same playlists - or even audio books).

I'm trusting but only to a point with my camera and IPOD, so I brought a gym style bag that I can lock with a combo luggage lock and then lock the bag to a chair with a ski lock (cable). If someone wants it that bad they can have it.

The gym bag is also my fall back if I get to the airport and my bag is a couple pounds over. Always pack too much - but we like to dress up for our romatic dinner.

Love Couples Resorts.

PS 7 days is not enought, 10 is about right

Quote Originally Posted by sandkl View Post
    In addition to the travel mugs, we bring food storage containers (smallest size available). We fill them with water and freeze them in the room fridge over night. One of the containers makes a good sized ice cube for your drink. It will last you well past the time when the beach bar opens.

We also bring tea light candles for "mood" lighting in our room or balcony.
    what exactly is a good size chunk of ice last time i was there they may have run out of absolute but they didnt run out of ice cubes why not take ball bearings you can freeze then and not have the water down your cocktail...

THANKS so much for this thread. We are leaving a week from today and I am packing already. The cameras, flashlights, etc. made me think of bringing extra batteries, just in case.
    Wendy

Can one use the pads on the lounge chairs to float in the ocean or are they just for the pool? In Playa del Carmen, they let you use them in the pool - not the ocean.

Is it true, at CSA you can't bring your own mugs?

Quote Originally Posted by sunmum View Post

I love the idea of the netting!! We also take the meds, zip locks, beach bag. We take a bunch of bubble wrap as well. It's light, and doesn't take up much room and then we can wrap our rum and breakables in it for the way home. Never had a broken bottle yet
    We bought these cool neoprene bottle carriers by Built NY. They each hold two bottles which keeps them from banging into each other or anything else, they also pack flat. They were about $7 ea. at cvs.com (a drugstore) for red or blue. Black was $11. Free shipping w/ purchase over $40, plus if you use a master card, you receive additional discounts. They are great!!!

Becky & Wayne
    CTI in April 2010

Sunlover,

The floats can be used in the pool or ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by LizzieBabyDoll View Post
    My boyfriend and I went to CSS last year and brought CDS with us to listen to at night, or while getting ready. I believe most of the rooms come with CD players. I like to make a Jamaican mix of songs too.
    Couples has replaced the CD players with iPod docking stations. No more CD players although you might be able to connect a portable CD player to the docking station.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

not sure why but I always need (Immonium AD)-spelling? I guess it's the different way of cooking, but the first couple of days, I need it. doesn't bother my wife at all, just saying

"Rimmer" spice to make Caesar's in the room. We buy the other spices across the road at the variety store.

If you are a cat lover like we are, pouches of cat food or some treats. They will love you for it.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Janeinpenn View Post
    I wish I would have thought about 100% DEET, bugs got me good. I had Deep woods and it wasnt enough.

My boyfriend wished he would have brought another can of snuff due to a can at resort is 17 dollars and he only brought one.

I wished I would have not brought so much, too many shoes, and I wished I would have brought am underwater camera.

Everything else they help you with if you do not have it so no worries man, dont stress about it, but be careful we paid 50 bucks more coming back due to I bought heavy stuff and it put me over 50lbs. OUCH...
    Is it possible to mail stuff back to the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydog View Post
    Is it possible to mail stuff back to the USA?
    It probably is, but unless you have a TON of stuff, it will probably be much cheaper to pay the over-the-weight limit fee.

Default candles

Quote Originally Posted by sandkl View Post
    We also bring tea light candles for "mood" lighting in our room or balcony.

Just FYI, there was a discussion some time ago on the old MB about bringing candles. Randymon stepped into the thread to say that guests are not allowed to bring candles to any of the resorts. To be honest, I brought tealight candles with us to our first CSA trip & didn't use them since there was nowhere to safely put them if we had lit them.

Someone else mentioned bringing battery-operated tealight candles...that's a great idea!!

Soemthing that we have found to come in very handy is an electric power strip to add extra plugins. Usually motel rooms have a very limited number of outlets and this lets us plug in chargers, iPods, fans or noise machines (which we also find to be essential JSTONE1973) etc.

We had a beautiful oceanside room on the fith floor at CTI. Every morning i would have coffee on our patio and really wished I had a small pair of binoculars to watch a pod of dolphins. First trip there and I have already booked for next year.
    Curtis

I bought a Dicapac to take on our trip in May. It worked just fine but as someone previously stated you have to be careful the lens cover will get in the way. It was very aggravating for me so I'm going to buy a Canon D10 before our next trip. A little pricy but the quality is good and I will use it for a regular point and shoot when I don't want to lug my 50D around.

http://www.canonxs.com/Canon_D10.html

We like to take insulated cups, also. We don't use them for drinks but they are great for soda from the self-serve machines or water. Our soda doesn't get warm so quickly and it keeps the bugs out.

beer/drink koozies(huggies) are a great idea...we don't go anywhere here at home without them..I didn't think of flashlights, so...that is very helpful...my recommendation:lot's of ones/fives for tips outside the resort....as many blue or black ink pens for the incoming flight...bendy straws...and most important...whether you use these meds normally or not...some antacids....you will be glad you did...this is not a commentary on the food, but rather, just good advice since the dining options are incredible, yet..different than many american palates are accustomed to.

Quote Originally Posted by JSTONE1973 View Post
    I am a person who can't sleep without a fan. The silence is too loud. If you are like me, you know what I mean. Since a 20" box fan does not fit well in my suitcase I bring a small sound machine. It is great for traveling.
    The first trip we ever took to Jamaica was the shoe resort...My wife actually bullied them into giving us this giant fan they had in the office... I'm talking a pedestal fan that would cool the Verandah at CN.

Anyway, in subsequent years, we found at the local CVS what we fondly refer to as travel fan. Added to the noisemaker, I feel like I am sleeping in my own room (I cannot sleep without a breeze on my face). I also found that a clip on fan in conjunction with the noise maker worked well... and neither takes up any real room in the suitcase.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    Couples has replaced the CD players with iPod docking stations. No more CD players although you might be able to connect a portable CD player to the docking station.
    Is this true at all resorts or just CSA? When we booked the room, it showed CD players and we don't have an IPOD or MP3 and always travel with our CDs. If there isn't a player there is no sense in taking them, but we like to listen to music in the evenings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cleversole View Post
    Is this true at all resorts or just CSA? When we booked the room, it showed CD players and we don't have an IPOD or MP3 and always travel with our CDs. If there isn't a player there is no sense in taking them, but we like to listen to music in the evenings as well.
    There are no CD players in any of the rooms at any of the Couples resorts anymore. Just the iPod docking stations. Leave the CD's at home.

I'll ask your next question for you, since I don't know the answer either... Will a CD player be provided by the resort upon request?
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

NEEDBLUEWATER....no one responded so I'll ask again.....

Even though there are no CD players in the rooms anymore, can we get one, since we don't have an IPOD or docking station and do like to listen to our music? Is it possible to still get one in the room?

All, I am going to try to bump this one more time and see if i can get a response....even though the rooms have the IPOD stations, it is still possible to get a CD player for the room?

I've heard of couples asking the front desk for a CD player and their request was granted. Can't guarantee it will always be this way.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast