Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Story

Default My Story

I realize that some may find this a bit inappropriate for postings on this board which usually tell of the highly anticipated vacation or the sharing of the wonderful vacation they have just returned from. My only intent is that someone out there will read this and will make a memory that otherwise may not have happened. Bob and I had been married for 11 years much of it spent apart do to his military career. He retired in 2007 and spent the last two years overseas working as a DOD contractor in hopes of securing our financial future. He was home in July of this year and we spent one wonderful week at CSA. His contract was over and I picked him up at the airport the afternoon of October 30th. That night he passed away from a sudden massive heart attack. He was only 45. As I sit here filled with every emotion possible I think of us laying on the beach or by the pool, cold drink in hand looking out at paradise. So, with that I ask that if there is anyone out there, only thinking of going to Couples, book your trip, if you have already been, go back. Sometimes, all to soon, we suddenly find ourselves left with only the memories of someone we loved so dearly. I am grateful that one of those memories is of us together in paradise. Thank you for listening and cherish each moment you have with your loved ones.

so sorry for your sudden loss.

Dear broken,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sorry for your tremendous loss. Thanks for sharing.

Broken - I'm so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing and reminding us how important it is to create those memories and to appreciate every moment.

Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    I realize that some may find this a bit inappropriate for postings on this board which usually tell of the highly anticipated vacation or the sharing of the wonderful vacation they have just returned from. My only intent is that someone out there will read this and will make a memory that otherwise may not have happened. Bob and I had been married for 11 years much of it spent apart do to his military career. He retired in 2007 and spent the last two years overseas working as a DOD contractor in hopes of securing our financial future. He was home in July of this year and we spent one wonderful week at CSA. His contract was over and I picked him up at the airport the afternoon of October 30th. That night he passed away from a sudden massive heart attack. He was only 45. As I sit here filled with every emotion possible I think of us laying on the beach or by the pool, cold drink in hand looking out at paradise. So, with that I ask that if there is anyone out there, only thinking of going to Couples, book your trip, if you have already been, go back. Sometimes, all to soon, we suddenly find ourselves left with only the memories of someone we loved so dearly. I am grateful that one of those memories is of us together in paradise. Thank you for listening and cherish each moment you have with your loved ones.
    ..... <_____> I understand, and agree. My wife and I always talked about going back to Hawaii, and other places "Someday". Then she got "Inflammatory Breast Cancer". I learned that "Someday" doesn't always come.

Broken, I send my deepest condolance. I somewhat understand what you mean. My husband also had a heart attach at around 45. However, we were lucky, and I got him to go to the doctor before it was to late (it should have been, but it must not have been his time) He however still has many problems with his heart, blockage etc, as well as emphysema. I

agree totally with you when it comes to going while you can. We were not sure if we could go this year due to our finances and I had discussed this with my brother and sister-in-law one weekend in July. They have a cabin they vacation at, but have not gone on to many trips although they have often thought about it. About two weeks later I got a call from my sister-in-law. The first thing she asked me was if we had found a way to go back to Couples. I said yes, it wasn't the best option, but we did. All she could say was great, then she told me my brother has lung cancer. They are regretting not going on more trips. Life is short, and we sometimes don't know how short. We have been lucky even with my husbands health problmes, it could be much worse.

Just remember, that others are thinkning of you, and try and take a small comfort in that. Once again, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Linda

Words can not even convey, I am so sorry sounds so simple. Hold your memories. But most importantly, thank you for the wake up call. You are right Acranger, somday does not always come.

Thank you for posting. It's a lesson we all need to cherish. I am so sorry for your loss, but admire your attitude. God bless.

So very sorry for your loss.
    Glad you got to CSA to make ever lasting memories. Let them help you through!
    Travel Agent to the Stars!
    Oh, sorry, got carried away.
    But I am a Couples Preferred Agent.

CN 2003, 2005, 2008, 2011 CSS 2006, 2007 CSA 2007, 2011 CTI 2009

I am sorry for your loss.

Would you mind posting a picture of the two of you? I would love to share in the memory of him.

Default I'm so sorry!

When I started reading your post, I did not expect the story to take that tragic of a turn! I am former military, reserves. On our annual trainings (mostly over seas), many who were married struggled with missing their children and significant others...oh the way they would hug (at the airport) when we returned home. I recently celebrated my 40th birthday! As an African American female, I know it is our number one cause of death (I don't know what caused your husbands heart attack!) With that said, today I decided to start eating a lot healthier and exercising more! I am thinking more and more that if I don't, I will have a heart attack as well! Now I will add to that list, be kinder to my boyfriend. We are going on our 5th all inclusive to CTI this December. We both work alot and mostly see each other on weekends. I will use your story and memory whole heartedly...hang in there and you are in my prayers

Your post gave me chills. I lost my mom in July at the age of 57 and my husband and I are taking this trip because of her. She has always told us to enjoy life to the fullest because you never know when it will end. I have debated on taking some of my mom's ashes with me when we go in January so that we can say she has been to Jamaica.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

If there's a lesson here--we should all look at the life around us and count every blessing we have. Appreciate our loves and let them know---My heart cries for you Broken, and my hope and prayer for you is that you will one day be able to change your screen name to HEALED AND AT PEACE.

You were blessed with a fine man, a wonderful husband and hero for his country---I appreciate him and all he sacrificed along the way. Thank you for reminding us all what's important in life.....Peace

I am so sorry for you loss.

Thank-you for the sacrifices you and you husband made for this country. And the reminder that tomorrow isn't promised.

Dear Broken-
    I am so deeply sorry for your loss, as i sit here in tears just reading your post, I can not physically or mentally imagin the pain that your going through. I want to let you know that I am celebrating my Honeymoon with Couples In June 2010, and when I arrive there I will be sure to toast to you and your husband. Just know that someone, somewhere will always be thinking about you<3

I am so sorry for your loss. When I read your post it brought me to tears. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you for sharing this w/us. I'm so sorry for your loss. Razzl

My wife is a funeral director and reminds me life can be short as your letter pointed out, that is why my 53rd will be celebrated at CN in a few short weeks. Please accept my condolences

Dearest Broken,

I cannot express how my heart breaks for you at the loss of your husband. Your post is a reminder of how fragile life is and how one just never, ever knows what tomorrow will or will not bring. You have prompted me to not only create happy memories in our not-frequent-enough trips to paradise, but to also never take for granted the man I share my life with and to create memories in everyday life as well as those special moments in a far-away land.

My deepest condolences to you at this sad, sad time.

June

I am so very sorry for your loss. My husband is also career military. He has been in since we were juniors in high school and we dated then. We spent 10 years apart after high school before we got married at COR in December of 2006. Since we got back together he has been to Iraq, Hurricane Gustav, Iowa Flood duty, and two ice storms. It seems we very seldom see him but for five minutes here and five minutes there. We had agreed that we would go back to COR on our five year anniversary. For some reason last spring I decided we couldn't wait that long that we had to go back this year. i am so glad that I made that decision because we just got alerted for a deployment to Afganistan for his unit. Thank you for reminding me how important life and the ones we love are! It seems the days slip by way too quickly!

Broken,

Thank you for your story. I am so sorry for your sudden loss. My father and a brother-in-law both died suddenly of a massive heart attack and so your story made me cry. It also made me realize that you do have to live life while the living is good. I always tell people to stop talking about doing things and do them! You never know when you won't be able to do the things you dream of. Take care of yourself. You have provided us with a great life lesson. Thank you. Margi

So very sorry for your loss, as said before, tomorrow is never promised. Remember the wonderful times you shared together, he is watching over you. God bless you,

So sorry for your loss! My heart and prayers go out to you at this very difficult time!

Dear Broken, As I read your post(it is also a very appropriate post)I realize it a wake up call to cherish every day. To live your life to the fullist and not put off till tomorrow what you can do today. I am so very sorry for your sudden loss. Cherish all your memories always.
    Our condolences to you and your family.

I'm so very sorry. I don't know you but it breaks my heart to hear your story. My husband and I are lucky to visit CN at least once a year (sometimes twice a year) whether we can afford it or not. Some things are more important than others and time shared together in the beauty of Jamaica is one of those things for us. Thank you for sharing and God bless you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast