Hybrid View

Default Do I even need a laptop at CSA?

Hi. Do I even need to bring a laptop when I come in February? From what I'm reading about the internet center, very few are taking advantage of the free WII. I really would love using Couples internet services rathen than my own. Please advise. Thanx.

The only thing I can think of needing it for is if you wanted to offload pictures from your camera while you're there. You can't use Couples' computers for that. Or if you have to actually do work and need special applications. To just surf the Internet, I would just use the Couples computers. They are slow, for sure, and sometimes there's a wait. But, for me, that's good; it gets me off the computer, which I need!

Default internet

we used my laptop on the balcony (ocean view) and was able to hook up to wifi around the property. it was nice being able to skype from our room.

on the day we left my wife used the internet cafe to check her hotmail account and her account was compromised - everybody in her address book got a virus email.

therefore i would recommend bringing your laptop.

my Blackberry worked great at Swept Away. didn't want it to but it did...lol. if you have a smart phone that would be all i would take.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by smoo72 View Post
    The only thing I can think of needing it for is if you wanted to offload pictures from your camera while you're there. You can't use Couples' computers for that. Or if you have to actually do work and need special applications. To just surf the Internet, I would just use the Couples computers. They are slow, for sure, and sometimes there's a wait. But, for me, that's good; it gets me off the computer, which I need!
    We thought that the computers at CN were a bit sluggish. But the ones at the new CTI this year had some of the quickest internet I have ever seen.