Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    29

    Default Help!! Resort photographer

    Okay!! our wedding is growing
    believe me I'm not complaining but we are up to almost 20 people for our wedding at CSA 6/4/10. Seeing it's a Friday we are doing the 4pm ceremony then 2 hour cocktail reception with band so we can spend some private time with everone before all going to the beach buffet & party.
    We were going to book Digital Memories Photography which we love!! But, money is getting tight with all the guests we are having and we can save $800 by using the resort photographer.
    Anyone have any suggestions?? Happy with the resort photographers??
    Jackie

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I would totally stick w/ Diana! I've seen a couple of nice resort albums but they're very hit or miss and you're so limited on the photos you get. Plus, it's not nearly as personable as Diana is and there's a thread on here talking about how bad the experience was trying to pick your photos w/ the resort photographer, it's on here somewhere if you look. I know you could save $800 but that's one thing I wouldn't compromise on is my wedding photos, that's what you're going to be giving to your kids someday and the lasting memories you'll have of one of the best days of your life!

  3. #3

    Default

    I agree with Brittany! I would not cut out Diana and use the resort photographer. This is your wedding day and it's going to be the only thing you have left from your wedding.

  4. #4

    Default

    I used the resort photographer. It was just the 2 of us and he took over 124 pictures. Noel took every picture we wanted and suggested many more.

  5. #5

    Default

    We were married at CSA in Sept and we used Stacey Clark. She was great and also paid half of the vender fee ($250). I did see some vender shots, but they were only ok. there will be sooo much entertainment going on at the beach party maybe you can save by dropping the band. We had about 15 guest and following the cake & champagne toast (which was free)in the garden we all were booked for the sunset cruise (which was free). Maybe meet for dinner or drinks at one of the restaurants and take advantage of the festivities at the beach party! I have pictures of the wedding and the beach party. if you are interested shoot me an email @ ss_negron@yahoo.com have fun!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Congrats on your up coming wedding...I think it is a great idea to have the beach party for your wedding diner.

    I have read a couple of wedding forums and time and time again, the #1 complaint & regret with the majority of brides is to have compromised photography. I have been checking reviews for a while because I am thinking of getting married @CSS ( just the 2 of us) and I can tell the difference between the resort photographer and an outside one. I am not saying the pictures of the resort photographer are bad but I think they are more limited but it is up to you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicaready View Post
    I used the resort photographer. It was just the 2 of us and he took over 124 pictures. Noel took every picture we wanted and suggested many more.
    Jamaicaready, do you mind if I ask you how many photos you actually were able to keep out of the 124? With Diana she lets you keep all the photos she takes. It's my understanding that you are limited to the number of photos in your package w/ the resort photographer so either 24 or 36 photos depending on what package you have. At least that's what I was told and is what played a huge part in my desire for an outside photographer. I'm not saying anything bad about the resort photographers because I have seen some good photos but yes you can tell the difference in my opinion.

  8. #8

    Default

    We purchased 24, remember it was just the 2 of us, so I couldn't see needing anymore. I saw the resort photgrapher on other days photographing large parties so I know they took much more. You are correct that you only get the proofs in your package. I guess I should also comment that we are both in our 40's, so the perspective of the wedding may be different? We were thrilled with the pictures. The best part was, we were married on Wednesday, looked at the pictures on Thursday, and picked them up all in an album and on the CD on Saturday.

    I guess the only thought I can give, is think in 10 years where that album will be and how many pictures you will look at. You will have wonderful memories no matter who takes them. I can't get the some of the photos to upload, but if you would like to see some you can email me and I can send some to you.

    perkinsnadine@hotmail.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    225

    Default

    We were married in Oct 08 and Stacey Clarke took our pics. They were beautiful. I would cut something else out just to keep the outside photographer. I think most of them give you a disc with A LOT of pics on them. IMO, 24 pics is not a lot for one of the most important days of your life. Congrats and good luck!!!

  10. #10

    Default

    You are correct, 24 pictures is definately not adequate for 20 guests. You will also be able to get some great shots off the resort with an outside photographer. As I said, we are in our 40's and it was just the two of us. One thing I did see was that one day we were at the resort it rained all day. I did see the resort photographers on the resort on Sunday getting those outside shots with those wedding parties that were rained out. May want to make sure for all that money you can still get those pictures if your day is not picture perfect.

    I was happy with the resort photographer, you can get as many shots as you want, not just 24, but everyone else is right, you only get the proofs you pay for, not all taken. I am sure whatever choice you make, it will be the right one! How can you go wrong getting married in paradise.

  11. #11

    Default

    we will use the resort photographer along with the photos our guest take..i dont believe in paying the extra 500.00 to have an outside photographer..ive seen the pictures they take i think there great..plus i get to see each othere everyday..and i have a great memory..so the pictures are not a big deal or a big exspence to us..we will use that money we save on a great 1st year anniversary trip back to couples and live the memory

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicaready View Post
    You are correct, 24 pictures is definately not adequate for 20 guests. You will also be able to get some great shots off the resort with an outside photographer. As I said, we are in our 40's and it was just the two of us. One thing I did see was that one day we were at the resort it rained all day. I did see the resort photographers on the resort on Sunday getting those outside shots with those wedding parties that were rained out. May want to make sure for all that money you can still get those pictures if your day is not picture perfect.

    I was happy with the resort photographer, you can get as many shots as you want, not just 24, but everyone else is right, you only get the proofs you pay for, not all taken. I am sure whatever choice you make, it will be the right one! How can you go wrong getting married in paradise.
    yes you are right we are in our 40's and decided to use resort photo..we find the photos to us are not a big deal. for others it might be it. but every one has there diffrent views and you need to do whats most important to you.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Do not cut back on the photographer!!! Stick with Diana. I just returned from getting married and Diana did my photos. I am so thrilled! I tossed around using the resort photographer also, but so glad I didn't. The quality is not as good and you do not get all your photos. Diana and Richard took over 400 photos for me and I was able to keep them all. I also had a video done. The photos and video were high quality and I have received so many compliments on them. Please let me know if you'd like to see and I'd be happy to share.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen Bunny View Post
    Do not cut back on the photographer!!! Stick with Diana. I just returned from getting married and Diana did my photos. I am so thrilled! I tossed around using the resort photographer also, but so glad I didn't. The quality is not as good and you do not get all your photos. Diana and Richard took over 400 photos for me and I was able to keep them all. I also had a video done. The photos and video were high quality and I have received so many compliments on them. Please let me know if you'd like to see and I'd be happy to share.
    congratulations on your wedding..and wow 400 photos and video...how long did it take and if you dont mind me asking what does it cost for that?

  15. #15

    Default

    Do you have a link to your photos? I'm getting married in June, and using Diana. Would love to see them.

    Thanks

  16. #16

    Default

    We got married at CN on 11-24 and used the resort photographer. He took over 150 pictures and I bought 40 on a CD. I loved them and they did a great job. They will go anywhere on the resort and listen to your ideas. I could not justify paying an additional $500 to use an outside photograhper and then pay their fees.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dandpdub View Post
    We got married at CN on 11-24 and used the resort photographer. He took over 150 pictures and I bought 40 on a CD. I loved them and they did a great job. They will go anywhere on the resort and listen to your ideas. I could not justify paying an additional $500 to use an outside photograhper and then pay their fees.

    Quick question--how much per picture for you to purchase 40 on a CD?--we have the sunset wedding package which includes 24 photos, but would like the option to purchase all pictures taken on a CD. I am also planning on emailing the stateside wedding coordinator to ask but figured since you posted you had, I was just curious. THANKS!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I too just got back from my wedding at Couples Negril and we used Diana and LOVED her! Even if it's just 2 people, 24 photos or even 40 photos is not enough for me! I went through my pics at the internet cafe one I got them and there was another girl in there who had been married that same week and started crying b/c she said she wishes she would have hired an outside photographer and they weren't happy with the photos they received from the resort. That's not to say everyone thinks that, but I know I've read on here before other people who have regretted it. Diana captured every moment and I too got over 400 pics and LOVED every single one. I know people's argument is that you won't look at those or need all of those but I know I'll look at mine, not to mention I plan on making an album for each one of my kids when I have them. We got all our photos printed out and spent over 3 hours sorting and putting them in order and when you go through our wedding album, it really does tell a story. It is so beautiful, please don't compromise your photographer, trust me you won't regret it, I promise! If anyone would like to see pics, email me at brittanym1104@yahoo.com

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I was debating back and forth what I was going to do with wedding pics and if I wanted to go with the resort photographer. We bought a sunset package and it comes w I think 24 photos. Ive seen some pics of the weddings the resort photographer took and it looks nice, however after seeing Stacey Clarke s work I just had to hire her. I figured cocktail party after ceremony then we all head to the beach party for some fun entertainment and good times. Money is tight these days but like a few of you guys said its your wedding day and memories are worth every penny!!!

  20. #20

    Default

    It is $7 per each additional photo because I did get three extra...

  21. #21

    Default

    We were married at CSA 11/7/09 and used the resort photographer - Ralston. We were one of the lucky couples that Mother Nature decided to "reign", I mean rain, upon. So our "sunset" wedding turned into a night wedding. So Ralston, took a few pics that night and then we re-scheduled for the next day at 10:00. He took over 350 pictures, about 3 hours, but.... I also did trash the dress pics. And they came out beautiful. He was so flexible and I couldn't thank him enough for coming back during the day to shoot. Yes, I had to do my hair, but luckily I have wavy/curly hair, so I just bobby pinned it up, threw on some make-up and my dress and off we went. AND, by the way, so did all my guests, they were such sports. Some of them had shorts on and some wore their "wedding" outfits, but we didn't care. We had a blast and took a lot of "bar breaks" so we could stay hydrated!

    And no we didnt get nor did I want 350 pictures to be honest. We had 7 other couples that joined us and they took tons of pictures.

    We got 50 pics on a disc and no prints. I didn't want to travel with prints. I was very happy with the pictures, and Ralston, would take whatever poses we wanted. I studied poses I found on the internet and then did them as we went around the resort. Worked well for me and it fit my budget. We paid a base price for 40 pics and then 7.00 a pic for the other 10.

    I hope to get my photo's up soon. You know "life" has been my excuse for not getting them up.

    Congratulations and in the end do what you can afford. You could also get some disposables, and let your guests have fun with them the entire trip. But make sure they give them back BEFORE you leave the resort.

  22. #22

    Default

    Why not have one of the people attending your wedding follow along with a camera and get a shot of all the pictures the resort photographer takes? That way you have proofs of all your photos. Plus you can take as many pictures as you want with your own camera; you may also end up with a few great candid shots! Yeah they may not be professional quality, but do you really need 150 professional pics? A picture is a picture. 10 megapixels is 10 megapixels.

    This is just an idea, but it's also what I'm planning to do in January.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin_and_Lizzy View Post
    Why not have one of the people attending your wedding follow along with a camera and get a shot of all the pictures the resort photographer takes? That way you have proofs of all your photos. Plus you can take as many pictures as you want with your own camera; you may also end up with a few great candid shots! Yeah they may not be professional quality, but do you really need 150 professional pics? A picture is a picture. 10 megapixels is 10 megapixels.

    This is just an idea, but it's also what I'm planning to do in January.
    It's all about personal preference. Yes I would like 150 professional pics actually, but you or someone else might not and that's fine too. We didn't have any family with us so the more pics the better! I loved every single photo I received, all 100+ and if I had it to do over again, I would still without a doubt hire a professional photographer. There's no way 24 or 36 photos would be enough for me, especially when I look at my photos and see the pics of me getting ready, getting dressed, the actual ceremony, cake cutting, signing of documents, champagne, and all the photos in the garden and beach, trash the dress, etc. I wanted every moment captured and that's what I got. I should also mention that we did actually have a friend go around and take photos with our camera too and hardly any of them turned out b/c it was so bright so a professional camera did turn out to be of better use than just a digital. But as I said, it's all about personal preference, if your wedding photos aren't at the top of your priority list then the resort photographer is probably a better option. For me, my wedding photos were at the very top of my priority list but that's just me.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brittanystar View Post
    It's all about personal preference. Yes I would like 150 professional pics actually, but you or someone else might not and that's fine too. We didn't have any family with us so the more pics the better! I loved every single photo I received, all 100+ and if I had it to do over again, I would still without a doubt hire a professional photographer. There's no way 24 or 36 photos would be enough for me, especially when I look at my photos and see the pics of me getting ready, getting dressed, the actual ceremony, cake cutting, signing of documents, champagne, and all the photos in the garden and beach, trash the dress, etc. I wanted every moment captured and that's what I got. I should also mention that we did actually have a friend go around and take photos with our camera too and hardly any of them turned out b/c it was so bright so a professional camera did turn out to be of better use than just a digital. But as I said, it's all about personal preference, if your wedding photos aren't at the top of your priority list then the resort photographer is probably a better option. For me, my wedding photos were at the very top of my priority list but that's just me.

    Well, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. Perhaps I shouldn't have, but I was merely trying to offer up my opinion about this issue. I agree that photos are priceless, but not everyone has the luxury of having expendable income. I was just trying to find a way that could possibly save money and still capture all of the special moments on film. We could go back and forth forever about this issue and there really isn't just one right answer.

    The main thing to remember is that you are making a vow to the person that you love more than anything in this world. The amount of pictures you take can't possibly take away that feeling. Pictures are a way to go back and re-visit those times. Whether it is a professional picture or one taken with a disposable camera, it should mean the same to you and your loved ones when you take them out of the drawer to look at them. Bask in the happieness of your special day and if you've got the extra cash on hand, I'd say throw it down and get all of that happieness on film!

    Again, this is just an opinion. To each his/her own.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Oh I wasn't offended...lol! Sometimes it's hard to tell someone's tone over a computer screen but I understood what you meant. And I agree w/ you 100%. There's nothing wrong with the resort photographers at all, and like you said, they're your memories to cherish and that's what's most important! I just knew I wanted more than 24 or 36 photos and didn't wanna pay $7 for each additional one. But you are right, the most important thing isn't the photos you take, it's the memories you make And just for the record, if anyone is hiring a resort photographer b/c you're thinking you can't afford an outside photographer, I would highly recommend contacting Diana. She has very reasonable prices, WAYYY less than any other outside photographer I talked to and has many different packages to serve each individual budget. Just a thought....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •