Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How do you start your morning at the resort?

While on vacation, usually you get little sleep! Well, at least, we do. We get up in the wee mornings to catch the activities and stay out late to party hardy. Since Couples is a more relaxing vacation. What time does everyone usually start their day at the resort? I'm not a morning person but I don't want to miss anything. I'm curious how others start their mornings at the resort.
    Honeymoonin' at CN on January 3rd - 11th!

Im an early riser,from years of training.....so i order a little room service the night before....tray with Blue Mountain coffee, pastries, fresh juice, and dont forget the flower on the tray.
    Gather up my coffee, and sit on our peace of heaven, our balcony.
    I watch the resort wake up, the divers get ready for there day, the gardening crew are so busy keeping things beautiful, the staff rearranging all the lounge chairs for yet another day in paradise.
    Its my peaceful time in Jamaica!

I'm always an early riser, and love early mornings at CN! Always head over for a cup of coffee from the 'continental setup' about 5:30, check email at the Internet Cafe, use the exercise room awhile, then back to our room to do some Tai Chi on our patio, so peaceful! Awaken my sleepy Hubby so we can enjoy the yummy room service on our patio around 8, but still go to Cassava Terrace for breakfast a little later!

Coffee and room service - time out on the patio or deck.
    ... it keepsh me shane

My experience on our holidays, is I get up early, and walk the beach by myself watching the resort and beach come to life. It is so relaxing to take it all in! Might grab myself a coffee and check some emails if I feel like it. Then around 8 or 830 depending on the nght before, take a fresh coffee back to the room which usually will awaken my sleepin beauty and we will enjoy the morning together on the balcony overlookin the resort/water.

I have breakfast delivered by 6am, which is always coffee and sometimes fruit. I sit on the balcony or patio and watch the ocean while hubby sleeps a little longer. Sometimes I head to the gym for a morning run. Then we're at breakfast by 7:30 so hubby can eat and get ready for his morning dive. Then while he leaves on the boat, I set up camp on the beach where I stay for the rest of the day!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I always wake up much too early when we're in Jamaica, like 5 am. My husband wants to sleep, so I put on my workout gear and head to the gym. I try to get in an hour of cardio and an hour of circuit training.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We usually get up between 7 or 8. Then go to work out (CSA). Then we shower and get ready for the beach (sunscreen from head to toe, pack the beach bag) and then breakfast, or vice versa, breakfast then beach prep. Usually at the beach around 10am. Once our twice during the vacation I'll opt to stay in bed instead of go to the gym, but I usually regret it.

We're at CSA now! We've been getting up around 7, enjoying a pot of coffee in the room, and heading over to the Palms for the breakfast buffet. Then it's off to the gym by 9 am (otherwise it's too hot!) and by 10:30 we're ready for the beach.

Default paradise

there's nothing like getting the breakfast tray/blue mountain coffee tray brought to your room, so you can eat out on the balcony and enjoy the ocean...I love early mornings at CN.

Our morning starts when the knock on the door tells us it's time for some Blue Mountain coffee and pastries out on the verandah. Usually this is around 8-9am. I am not a morning person, but I figure I can always nap on the beach or something. Mornings Rock at CSA!

Quote Originally Posted by wiwistle View Post
    I'm always an early riser, and love early mornings at CN! Always head over for a cup of coffee from the 'continental setup' about 5:30, check email at the Internet Cafe, use the exercise room awhile, then back to our room to do some Tai Chi on our patio, so peaceful! Awaken my sleepy Hubby so we can enjoy the yummy room service on our patio around 8, but still go to Cassava Terrace for breakfast a little later!
    Sounds more like an excuse to fit in 4 or 5 meals a day ;-)

I am an early riser as well.....I can't sleep with so much beauty around me. I get up and go sit on the balcony, looking down at the beach and marvel at the site. It is so peaceful and then of course, I get my hubby up so he can enjoy it with me....(insert, why can't you let me sleep in, we are on vacation? grumble grumble). LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wiwistle View Post
    We love early mornings at CN too! We're both early risers. We get room service as early as we can. Sit on the patio enjoying the coffee and pastries. As the resort begins to wake up we take a long brisk walk on the beach, return for some food at Cassava and then go to find our spot on the beach. Tai Chi on the balcony.. hmmm will have to give that a try in April. Either that or yoga with the sunrise on the beach.

I like to get up early and fix the coffee they already have in the room.The glorious smell of it brewing usually wakes my husband up. We lie in bed and drink coffee for a long time and talk and laugh about the day we had before. We say "Thank you for God for allowing us to enjoy this paradise another day." We then jump up and go because we don't want to miss a beat.

Well.......... since you asked..... On vacation at CN, we get to bed late AND get up EARLY.... I set the alarm for 5:30, then I do my power walk on the beach - say hello to all my early morning friends including my friends at the resort next door - Jamaicans are oh so friendly., after a quick 30-45 minute walk, I get back to the room and hubby has finished showering, and continental breakfast has arrived.... I do some ab exercises, then we indulge in the goodies that await from room service... I take a quick shower and we gather our stuff (including a bottle of bubbly and 2 glasses) and head down to the nude jacuzzi - just us and the early morning - and we toast to the heavens and thank our lucky stars for being fortunate enough to begin another day in paradise!!! This has been our routine for many years now and we so look forward to it!!! Counting the days until we next arrive at CN aka Paradise - our slice our Heaven on Earth !!! xo
    Art xo Francine

Room service at around 7-ish, breakfast at 8:30-9, head to the beach...wait for the bar to open....come on 10:00 LOL Have fun and enjoy
    Kristen

I am sooooo excited. Only 5 more sleeps and we will be at CN and in Jamaica for the first time . Are we able to get some rum cream to go in our coffee in the am? I really enjoy sitting in the hot tub in the am at home with a little "special cream" in my coffee (on days off of-course).

Sleeping late is nice. Then we pick out the best two seats available to save with our towels, reading books and hats, and go eat breakfast. Then we wait until 9 am.....

See "Before 9 am"
    See "After 9 am"
    For explanation, read the "Two Saddest Words in Jamaica"
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Default Early..

Wake up early.. Go downstairs to get some great Jamaican Coffee :-) Also love the omelett with bacon, cheese.. and a fruit platter... and after that... a Cold beer and a smoke.

Our mornings at CTI.... We wake up around 5:30, watch the sunrise, then I head out about 6 to walk the beach for a half hour or so... go to the gym for about the same for strenght training, while hubby stands on the blacony and takes pictures of the beautiful sunrises, and scenery.... Then back to the room for my shower, and prep for the beach, breakfast on the patio at 7:30 sharp, we are usually there by 7:15, LOL.. enjoy breakfast, and chats with friends, run back to the room to grab our things and off to the peir by 8:30 AM the rest of the day we lay around in our loungers and chat with friends in the pool. Only 22 more Mondays...

At CSA I also get the coffee in the a/m delivered then as my wife sleeps I grab a walking stick on the beach and do a nice hike!
    Oh yeah there is a little bar hut on the beach with the locals and I stop for a 2 dollar Red Stripe at like 7am!!!
    And I don't feel guilty about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As with alot of the other couples, I'm an early riser...my DH is not. So coffee and fresh juice and pastries delivered at 6:30. I sit on the balcony, enjoy the start of my day watching the gardeners and the runners along the beach. Oh how I miss CN!!!!

Coffee, Room Service on the balcony......... Get beach ready, beach bag packed, and stop for an omelette. May have a mimosa or Bloody Mary. Head to the beach!

I love mornings. Mrs. dirtleg hates mornings. She sleeps, I dress and head out to the gym or the beach. At the gym I do about an hour of cardio and weights. On the beach I either run or just explore. At least one day I will wander down to Palms to mix with the other early risers and another day I will take an early morning swim at one of the pools. By the time I get back mrs. dirtleg is beginning to wake, so I fix coffee and sit outside till she is up and around. Then we head to breakfast, we love breakfast at Palms.

Can't wait till June!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast