Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Logging in and staying logged in!

UPDATED FOR NEW 2011 MB VERSION UPDATE

We have had several support questions regarding logging in and staying logged in. Here are some tips:

If you have trouble posting or staying loggged in, try the following. Step one or two take care of 95% of the problems but we include the full canned response we offer.

1-Close your web browser*, then reopen it and log again. This almost always clears up login issues. If that doesn't work read on. *Remember, it is possible that you may have multiple windows of a browser open. Be sure to close all of them.

2-Clear your browser's cookies.

• For Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete... > Delete Cookies...

• For Firefox go to Tools > Clear Private Data... > Cookies > Clear Private Data Now.

• For Chrome click the settings [wrench icon] > Options > Under the Hood > Clear Browsing Data > [ Make sure Delete cookies is checked] then Click ‘Clear browsing data’ button.

• For Safari click on the settings [gear icon] > Security > Click ‘Show Cookies’ icon > Click ‘Remove All’ button.

Then close your browser*, restart it and login again.

If those didn't work, read on...
    =================================
    Our system uses logins to keep track of who is who. There are a number of factors that can disrupt logins, especially with frequent users of a particular site requiring login. Without being able to sit down at your computer to determine your situation, we offer the following suggestions and notes.

3-If you leave your browser open for a long time after you are logged in, wander off to other sites, go to lunch, etc. and then return to the message board, your login can time out.

4-If you login to the message board in more than one browser window or tab, conflicts can occur.

5- If you are taking turns logging into the message board on the same computer with another person who has a different login [profile], login conflicts will happen.

Both need to click 'logout' when finished using the message board. Otherwise, when the second person logs in, the 'cookies' that keep track of who you are can conflict. They won't know who is who.

A workaround is to have one person use Internet Explorer to login and the other use Firefox, Safari or Chrome [other free web browsers]. Since each browser has its own separate 'cookie jar' there will be no login conflict.

6-The privacy settings for your web browser may be set too high to allow the message board cookies to be set on your computer. We have noticed that when user browsers are being upgraded the privacy settings may be reset to a higher level. You may need to lower those settings. For Internet Explorer browser go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy and set the slider to low.

7-If you are on a network, like at a work setting, network policies may restrict the message board cookies' actions.

8-Note that you do not need to be logged in to view the message board, only to post and access advanced features, like editing your profile.

We hope this might help and are sorry for your difficulties. If these do not work please feel free to contact us for further support.

Thank you for participating on the Couples Message Board! Together, with your help and suggestions, we will iron out all the issues.
    Last edited by cmbadmin; April 30th, 2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Updated for New 2011 Website Update
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Sean,
    How can I change my username?

Vicky
    Vicky

I can do it for you. Did you accidentally mistype, or had a change of heart?
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

I have clicked on the remember me button and it is still logging me out. Also, I have changed my options to show the last message first but it still shows them old to new.

Could it be some setting on my computer that is keeping these two things from working?

O.k. - so I log on and read several posts and even respond to some of them and I stay logged in. Then I respond to a post and I am kicked off and have to login again. Then all the threads I've already read are back to the same color and I have no idea what I've read and what I have not! When I go to a different website or navigate away from the MB and come back on at a later time I find all the threads to be the same color again - even the ones I've already read. This is getting very frustrating!!!!! I am to the point where I just don't have the time to be on the MB anymore!!!

HELP!!!!
    Cindy

Seandymon, thanks for the info. I have to tell you, though, that while I do login and check 'remember me', I repeatedly get tossed off. It seems like every time I try to post or go between pages, I have to login again. Now here's the kicker: Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't! Sometimes I just get the login page again and again. That's when I tear a hair out and shut down my computer! I am learning how to use the other cool tools on the happy side. So tell me, what's up with that?

Name:  single_palm.jpg
Views: 2106
Size:  2.4 KB

Default Kees kickin me out too

Worked fine for 3 days.Can't get in now.

Hey everyone,

Looks like we have gotten the login issues down to just a few members. I was told to recommend that you close and restart your browsers.
    As to why you are having problems: a lot of issues come into play, like timing out when you leave for a long time, opening the site in multiple browser tabs, and on and on. And thats before we get to high privacy settings, network administration issues if you are in an office, etc.

If you are having problems every now and again just shut down and restart browsers.

Hope this helps!
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

Seandymon: Let me know if you find any correlation between the members' browsers, environments, etc. I can whip up some more screen shots if they've tried the method linked to in the first post with no joy.

Thats a good idea KrisJamie!

Those of you who are having problems please let me know what browser you are using, if the problem is in the office or at home, etc?
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

Seandymon, I use Explorer at both home and office. I have the problem at both places, and I have done what KrisJamie suggested. I still have a problem if I go into another section of the board, like to the photo contest or Au nauturel. Then it kicks me out. If I hit the back button on the top, then it usually will keep me logged in.
    Linda

I am still having problems staying logged in and being able to post. I have no trouble just reading the board. Then if I want to post something I have to sign in. Most of the time I have to sign in over and over just to get this screen that I am typing on right now. If I change pages I have to go through the same signing in process again. Headache!! I use Internet Explorer and I have done the deleting cookies and making my privacy level lower. I also sometimes use aol and thought that might be my problem but I am not using aol now and just on IE and having the same problem. I can never get on using aol which also uses IE. I can get on using internet explorer alone but like I said, takes me many tries. This is something that pops up sometimes. DNS (Domain Name Server) is not reachable. Also,
    DNS (Domain Name Server) does not have a listing for the websites domain. What does this mean and is there a way to fix it. Thanks
    Margene

I have found that if I use the link that was sent in the registration confirmation email then I stay logged in, actually have been logged in with that link since I registered. If I go to couples. com I have to log in several times, even if I use the remember me button. I use Windows Internet Explorer and I am at home, and have checked all my settings. So when I want to check prices for a trip or want to look at other stuff on the main website I go to couples . com, If I want to read the message board I use the link in that email. I added it to my favorites. Weird but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyandbella View Post
    I am still having problems staying logged in and being able to post. I have no trouble just reading the board. Then if I want to post something I have to sign in. Most of the time I have to sign in over and over just to get this screen that I am typing on right now. If I change pages I have to go through the same signing in process again. Headache!! I use Internet Explorer and I have done the deleting cookies and making my privacy level lower. I also sometimes use aol and thought that might be my problem but I am not using aol now and just on IE and having the same problem. I can never get on using aol which also uses IE. I can get on using internet explorer alone but like I said, takes me many tries. This is something that pops up sometimes. DNS (Domain Name Server) is not reachable. Also,
    DNS (Domain Name Server) does not have a listing for the websites domain. What does this mean and is there a way to fix it. Thanks
    Can you write down the address in the address bar at the time of the error, as well as teh entire error text?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    Seandymon, I use Explorer at both home and office. I have the problem at both places, and I have done what KrisJamie suggested. I still have a problem if I go into another section of the board, like to the photo contest or Au nauturel. Then it kicks me out. If I hit the back button on the top, then it usually will keep me logged in.
    Between the "Remember me" and my tip, you should be working. Hmmm, if you go to Tools->Internet Options->Privacy, what is your security level set at?

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Can you write down the address in the address bar at the time of the error, as well as teh entire error text?

Between the "Remember me" and my tip, you should be working. Hmmm, if you go to Tools->Internet Options->Privacy, what is your security level set at?
    Here is the address: http://couples.com/08messageF.htm.
    I have my settings at meduim which is what you showed on you suggestion.
    Linda

Try using this link instead.
    http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/index.php

It doesn't have the message board loading in the frame of the main couples site.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

crabracers Guest

I knew I couldn't be the only one having problems logging in. Unfortunatly, what I have not seen in this thread is a workable solution. Shutting down the browser did not result in a solution. I too am useing IE. So now where does that leave us?

Richie

Hey Richie and everyone else using IE,

Try using the link that Jeffmon posted. If that doesn't solve your issues, I recommend downloading another free browser. Firefox is what I use in the office while I moderate all day. I am having zero issues with it so far. I promise you we will figure these issues out, but its difficult as we aren't there with you to see exactly your issues, etc.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

I think I might be fixed now...but only way to find out is to keep posting...so here goes!!

Richie

Try logging onto the MB from your Yahoo program and see what happens.

I have experienced problems with IE in the past.

Our basic service is Verizons FIOS but I also use AOL and Yahoo and from either one I access the MB and have yet to be disconnected. That might work. Worth a try.

I am an IE user and I have had trouble staying logged in as well. However, I have found a technique that works for me.

1. Click on the link JeffMon provided.
    2. After the new window comes up that displays the message board without the sidebars, close the original browser window that you used to click on the link (ie the one with the side bars).
    3.Use the log in feature found in the upper right hand corner of the browser window. Be sure to click on the remember me check box.
    4. Once you are logged in, add the page to your favorites,

5.Use that Favorites entry whenever you want to access the Couples message boards.

Thanks Jeff- it worked. I actually was able to leave the site and come back and was still logged in. I could never switch between areas of the site before.
    Linda

jeff, after fighting with thie mb for days now I wanted to give up but, I missed all the people. I tried the link that you posted and it worked so great. Thanks.......Has anyone told you today that you are a genius?

This does work. Thank you Jeff. I have been having no problems with this now. Now can get back to counting the days till CN.
    Margene

This logging in/staying logged in issue is becoming VERY frustrating.

I am an experienced user, and can NOT get this MB to keep my login for more than a single activity (post), and often times, not even for that. I have tried the security tips offered, and still can't stay logged in. I suspect that IE8 is the culprit, because I did have issues with another MB for a while after upgrading... but I can't confirm this with any degree of certainty.

Any other advice??
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast