Default How bad are mosquitos and bugs now at CN?

We are going to CN on November 15. I get severe allergic reactions from mosquito bites (inflammed, blister, itchy for weeks). How bad are the bugs at that time of year? Daytime or only at night? What about sand mites?

When we were at CN in December, the mosquitoes were out, but never had any trouble with sand fleas. Although we aren't on the beach much after dark, which is when they come out. I would suggest packing bug repellent for the skeeters. Sand fleas are like shrimp, so regular repellents don't work for them. If they bother you, I'd just stay off the beach at night.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We were there the end of October....only a few sand flies as the sun was setting...other than that we did not see one mosquito. Enjoy

Never had a mosquito bite at CSA in November. But get off the beach when the sun starts setting or the sandfleas will eat you alive.

claudecouture

Drink lots of rum. Mosquitos and sand fleas just hate the taste of it.

This is a little scary for me, especially insects in general! Never heard of them till now. If we got some repellent with DEET and sprayed that on our feet and legs, we'd be OK for a night walk on the beach?!?!?!
    Honeymoonin' at CN on January 3rd - 11th!

We never had trouble with bugs until we decided one night to leave our balcony doors open to enjoy the night sounds. Mosquitos did come into our room and bite!!! It was early December. Never had any other trouble at all and now leave the doors shut after dark.

We've gone the last week in October last year & this. Last year not one bite. This year we were covered from head to toe. So was the other couple we hung out with.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

We've been to CN twice, once in May and once in March. We have never had a problem with bugs and never used any bug spray. We also didn't spend much time on the beach at night when the sand fleas come out.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Just back from CN and although we had an awesome time. the bugs are out on the beach as soon as the sun sets. Got stung a few times in the water too by an unknown source. My wife and I felt stinging durring on swim and a soak in the hot tub showed raised welts where the stinging was felt. After a shower and an hour the irritation from that was gone, but I'm home two days now and my legs are itchy from the sand fleas?? all minor issues that should not deter you from having a super time.

Quote Originally Posted by ofireengo View Post
    Just back from CN and although we had an awesome time. the bugs are out on the beach as soon as the sun sets. Got stung a few times in the water too by an unknown source. My wife and I felt stinging durring on swim and a soak in the hot tub showed raised welts where the stinging was felt. After a shower and an hour the irritation from that was gone, but I'm home two days now and my legs are itchy from the sand fleas?? all minor issues that should not deter you from having a super time.
    Sounds like you guys were stung by jellyfish. As for any itching, scratching, burning, etc due to bugs, excess sun or whatever, I've found that tee tree oil brings almost instant relief. I'm always amazed at how quickly the irritation goes away after application - it's almost immediate. Not sure if where you live there's a Trader Joe's store nearby, they always carry it. If not, I'm sure most health stores or even the local drugstore will have it.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Default Not bad

We went to Couples Negril last month,and had no problems with any bugs.We didnt need to use repellent.Enjoy your stay...your gonna love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ofireengo View Post
    Yeah the little tiny jellyfish were stinging everyone one day. Not very painful but did sting a little. You could barley see them.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"