Default CTI - Margaritaville?

Hey everyone! This is my first post and our first trip to Couples! We'll be heading to CTI Dec 18-25 & are literally counting the seconds go by (so..slow...)!!! btw thanks to everyone for posting on this forum as it has provided us with so much help!

I do however have a silly question - On Monday nights there's a Boogy Bus that leaves For Margaritaville @ 11:00PM (according to the activities website), however will there be transportation provided to return back to the resort?

OMG so excited!!!!

good question...I also saw someone post about steel drummers...does the resort have them for entertainment sometimes? I super love that type of music...its very island like to me!

Hey Jujiwa,
    Have a great time. We went to CTI 2 years ago and we took a cab because we didn't want to wait until 11PM. I'm pretty sure they take you and pick you up but not totally sure. I'm sure someone else will have your answer. We'll just miss you because we won't be there until the 28th. Too bad.

One word to the wise and take it for what it's worth. Margaritaville was in this mall and they did have security before you went in (looking for weapons I guess). We went in a group (always a good thing in Jamaica) and we had a great time until it seemed the locals showed up (around 1230P). To me, they were predators looking for drunken people to prey on, pocketbooks, drugs, etc. So just be aware and when you see it filling with locals, time to go.

Other than that, We loved the place and can't wait to see all the renovations. The Food was great and we loved eating at that restaurant on the end in the open air near the water. Beautiful.

Went horseback riding also and that was great and the guides were very good.

Take care,
    LenandPatty

Quote Originally Posted by lanellboo View Post
    good question...I also saw someone post about steel drummers...does the resort have them for entertainment sometimes? I super love that type of music...its very island like to me!
    There was a fantastic steel drum show Thursday night at CTI. I don't know if they have it other nights, but that is when we saw it.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

LenandPatty - It's a shame we won't be bumping paths but thank you for the solid advice! I was wondering why almost all videos that I could find on youtube of Margaritaville were during broad daylight and 90% tourists! LOL

I'm assuming that the cab drivers accept and prefer US dollars like everyone else in Jamaica?

lanellboo & Janicek - What is this steel drum show you both are talking about? Sounds like loads of fun!

Default It's a public place!

Quote Originally Posted by lenandpatty View Post

One word to the wise and take it for what it's worth. Margaritaville was in this mall and they did have security before you went in (looking for weapons I guess). We went in a group (always a good thing in Jamaica) and we had a great time until it seemed the locals showed up (around 1230P). To me, they were predators looking for drunken people to prey on, pocketbooks, drugs, etc. So just be aware and when you see it filling with locals, time to go.

LenandPatty
    I have been to Ochie Margaritaville after hours...till they closed one night at I think 2 or 3 a.m. Because the bar/restaurant is a public place, a lot of locals come in to dance and party! I agree that you should definately go with a group or at least another couple. When I went, I saw alot of the workers from my resort! They just wanted to live it up after a hard days work! There was a bikini contest and drink specials! It was fun and wild...It did seem that when you dance, alot of people get a bit too close for comfort (they dance close anyway but didn't know when to back off kind of), but it was a mixed crowd; locals and tourists most of the night! Remember, anyone can come in, later that night...yes I saw a lot of random men mostly outside of the club but it is a very popular spot! We are going back with the free shuttle from the resort as well! I hope a shuttle picks you up!