Default What kind of food can I expect?

Going to Couples Negril in late Feb. Is all the food Jamican and exotic or is there American cuisine for those of us less brave souls? Thanks! Mary in Central PA

There is a huge variety of food at CN. The buffets may have 10 different kinds if meat. Plenty of vegitarian dishes. There is an Itallian restaurant and an Asian restaurant. Remember, most of their guests are American, Canadian and British, and they "aim to please".
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Also, the buffet has different themes each day, so one day lunch may be "Mexican" themed and the next day it may be "Asian," though there are always other options available, as well as a salad bar.

I actually wish they had more "authentic" foods. You will be happy if you are looking for high quality jamerican cuisine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Z View Post
    Going to Couples Negril in late Feb. Is all the food Jamican and exotic or is there American cuisine for those of us less brave souls? Thanks! Mary in Central PA
    ....Oh, be brave! That's what this is all about; new experiences.

Default I agree -- We're in Jamaica. I WANT MORE JAMAICAN

I would love more jerk chicken and Jamaican foods. We leave the resort each trip to experience "real" Jamaica. There is some on the resort, but I would love to see it take front seat. The same goes for the music and entertainment... more AUTHENTIC Jamaica!
    Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    I actually wish they had more "authentic" foods. You will be happy if you are looking for high quality jamerican cuisine.

I agree with Bama Belle - I LIVE for the the ackee and saltfish, and only see it generally twice when we're there - they do have a variety of Jamaican dishes on offer, but I'd love to see MORE!!!!

We just returned and there is a great variety of food. I tried some different things, didn't like all I tried, but that is OK, that is why you try. But some were great. Be open minded and you will be fine. The food is great, you just can't lose.

I too, would like to see more LOCAL food and a little less of the
    Nachos, Onion rings and Fries
    but I think they keep those for those guests who come back for those !!
    Be sure to get out and eat locally or at least try some Jamaican flavor at the Buffets.

Hi Mary!! We just got back from CN and you will be just fine. If you can not find something you like to eat there, then you must not like to eat...LOL.

If you have any specific questions, shoot me an e-mail at denise_doty@hotmail.com

CSS has the best food

Default Ackee Please

I second the motion for more authentic Jamaican foods. I could eat Ackee and Saltfish every day.