Default CSA - how is the weather right now, is it very rainy

Leaving tomorrow to CSA and the weather forcast does not look good. Is there anybody there now that can tell us how the weather is?

We are leaving tomorrow as well, I looked at the weather and it will be mid to upper 80's in the day and low 70's at night, rain chances are always between 10% and 20% every day. No worries it will be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by maryrnp View Post
    Leaving tomorrow to CSA and the weather forcast does not look good. Is there anybody there now that can tell us how the weather is?

Just as a comparison, we were at CTI the last week of October. The weather forecast called for rain every day. And when we were on the plane on the way over the guy sitting next to my DH mentioned to him that we were going to have a "rainy week". It rained once in the entire week -- and that was for about 10 minutes one morning -- and the sun was shining at the same time. other than that, we had PERFECT (and I mean PERFECT) weather the entire time. Don't go by the weather reports. Just go and enjoy.

As a general rule, the weather forecasters will do a "CYA" and put a "chance" of rain in the forecast nearly every day. This is because there IS a reasonable chance of rain every day.

When you're on the beaches near Negril, you can generally watch the clouds pile up against the hills every day. You can also see the tell-tale signs of rain as it falls out of these clouds. Unless you live near a coastline, this can look pretty threatening in terms of rain. But its really not.

Don't get me wrong... there really IS a good chance it will rain in any given area of the island at some point during the day. That's how it gets to be a tropical paradise (mathematically expressed as "abundant sunshine + regular rainfall = tropical paradise").

Don't worry about it... its usually enough to get the walkways damp, and it might drive you undercover to one of the bars for half-an-hour... but normally not enough to wash out a day's enjoyment of the beach.

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Thanks. I feel better. Ozzy we will see you tomorrow!