Thread: Booking online?

Hybrid View

Default Booking online?

Hey ya'll! Me and my fiance have decided to have a destination wedding, with just the two of us. We are trying to plan/book our wedding for May 2010. Can I do this all online, or do I need to call the resort? Can I book the room, and then call to schedule the wedding? Sorry if this sounds silly, but its the first time I have booked anything like this.

Thank you!
    Almost Mrs. C
    Last edited by AlmostMrsC; November 18th, 2009 at 03:22 PM.

If I were you, I'd just call 1800Couples and do it all at once. When you book the wedding, you will be assigned a wedding coordinator who will take care of everything!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

May I asked what you decided on? I'm in the same situation.

We're looking to marry May of this year at CTI, just the two of us. I've read these boards for hours, but this is my first post.

I have no travel experience, but I'm not really convinced that we need an agent. Were you able to book everything successfully?

Thanks!

You can do this all online!! First book the resort stay (either through couples or through another site or TA). Then go to the weddings tab (on left side) and then go to wedding calendar. I would check to make sure your date is available BEFORE you book, but once you've found out that you're good to go, thats where you'll pay your $200 deposit and reserve your time slot and date! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I think couples has done a really great job at making this a user friendly site.

Hello,

We booked everything through the resort.
    I reserved the wedding date, flight, and accomodations all at once. I didn't have a single problem. About a day later, Debbie Hall contacted me regarding the wedding and was willing to answer any questions I had. We haven't been assigned the resort wedding coordinator yet, but overall, my experience has been good.

May 20,2011- WHOOO- HOOOO

My fiancee and I are getting married April 4, 2011. I reserved the wedding online and booked the actual stay over the phone. They were fantastic to work with and confirmed everything with me right then. You absolutely do not need an outside agent. 1800couples is probably the best agent you can have

I used an agent (me lol) at the time we booked it was more econmical to book a package thru a tour operator, I priced it seperatly and it was more, but couples is always having specials, so I think its a personal preference!

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate the help!

We used http://www.discount-all-inclusive.co...spx?HotelID=34

It was so easy to use and seemed to be the best price. Plus, we got a call from an agent after we booked, which made me feel a lot better.

My fiance and I priced our (May 28th 2011) wedding at CTI both on the couples website and through Funjet.com. We found Funjet was cheaper, however we decided on using a Funjet travel agent. The benifit of using an agent was that you could put a deposit down at the time of booking and the final payment isn't due until April. The up-charge for the agent to book the trip for us was on $10 per person, we also recieved a $50 discount to cover bag fees on US Air. This is a great option if you are planning on inviting a group because it is a lot of money for people to pay out months before the trip.