Default Intro and question

Hey ya'll! My fiance and I are planning on a trip to get married in Jamaica, at the beginning of May 2010. We are from Indiana. We also aren't bringing family with us for our "weddingmoon." I was having a hard time deciding between CN or CSA. My SO only requested that there be a beautiful beach for him, and the rest he doesn't care about. Would CSA be the better option? I like the activities that they have listed on the website.

Also, are there alot of birds on the beach? I have an irrational fear of birds. The last time we were in FL, visiting family, the seagulls were out of control swarming people for food. I was VERY freaked out, and hope Jamaica is different.

Thank you,
    Almost Mrs. C

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostMrsC View Post
    Hey ya'll! My fiance and I are planning on a trip to get married in Jamaica, at the beginning of May 2010. We are from Indiana. We also aren't bringing family with us for our "weddingmoon." I was having a hard time deciding between CN or CSA. My SO only requested that there be a beautiful beach for him, and the rest he doesn't care about. Would CSA be the better option? I like the activities that they have listed on the website.

Also, are there alot of birds on the beach? I have an irrational fear of birds. The last time we were in FL, visiting family, the seagulls were out of control swarming people for food. I was VERY freaked out, and hope Jamaica is different.

Thank you,
    Almost Mrs. C
    Never seen many birds on the beach. i would not worry about it.

both beaches are incredible
    major difference is CN is on bloody bay while CSA is on long bay
    CN is deeper in width from water line to land line
    CN has less passerby traffic
    CN offers a AN beach CSA does not

CSA being on long bay offer easy walk to local shops bars and eateries (more to see along the long bay beach )

as far as the birds most seem to reserve a palapa at 7 am then are not seen again until lunch so no worries
    enjoy

Come to think of it, I never, ever saw birds on the CSA beach. There are some up in the trees, like song birds and hummingbirds, further into the resort. Definitely no seagulls swarming people for food. I don't recall even seeing a gull, although there could have been one. I would have remembered swarms of them, though.

You can't go wrong in Negril at either resort, but we've been 3 times to CSA and are going for our fourth visit this spring. We love it!

Hi Almost Mrs. C

After having stayed at both, I can tell you that there is not a wrong choice. They are both great. Couples Negril is a smaller resort and as a result it has a more intimate relaxed feel. Sweptaway is larger and always seems to have something going on. More energy.

Both resorts are on a beautiful beach with white sand a turquoise water and either of them have bird swarms.

Usually when people look at the website, one of the resorts will stand out to them and it sounds like Sweptaway has made an impression on you. Go with it. You'll Love it!

There are little black birds that you will see around. We call them Sweet "n" Low's because they like to steal the little packets of sweet n low from the outdoor tables... CSA is great but I hear CN is great too. CSA has a looooong beach while CN has a wiiiiide beach.

Hey Almost MrsC.....

What part of Indiana you from? We live close to Fort Wayne.

We were married at CN in '08. I believe both beaches are beautiful and whatever one you get married at you will be happy!

No Worries!
    Mark & Heather

I don't know that I have ever noticed a seagull at CSA. In fact, I never really noticed any kind of critter other than bees around the pop machines.
    Are you planning on getting married on the beach? The wedding area at CSA is right in the middle of the beach so be prepared to be surrounded by sunbathers. The wedding area at CN is at the end of the beach, but just outside the A/N area. Not sure how you or your fiance' feel about that so be prepared.
    I personally love CSA and would pick it over CN, but would have a great time at either resort.

Congrats on your up coming wedding!!I have no idea about the birds, but have never heard any complaints about them. I got tickled at your "Hey Y'all" thought maybe you were from KY like us!!
    Kristen

I have only visited CN at this point, but I do believe CSA would be a better choice for a true "beach front" room if that is what you are looking for. If you look at a map of the CN property, you will see that the buildings mostly run slightly perpendicular to the beach, and even the ones labeled "beach front" aren't truly beach front. The property itself is on the beach, but if you want to wake up and be only steps from the ocean, CSA is probably the way to go. I will be able to tell you for sure in about 30 days when I visit CSA for the first time.

I haven't noticed a big problem with birds, BUT -- there will be some birds around the eating area.. not a whole lot, but a few, and they are smaller, black birds (I don't know what they are called). Not big like seagulls, if that helps.

Good luck with all of your planning!
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

Everyone has their opinion, and mine is that CSA is the better beach and resort.

We were there is June and I don't remember any issues with birds.

No birds on the beach. They are all in the open air restaurants!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Here's a picture at breakfast:

All he wants is a little food. Cute huh?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We are from Indiana as well....the beach at Couples Negril CN Can't be beat.....don't even think about the birds, its a non-issue..... we went for the first time this last april we are going again this coming april and have already booked for 2011...if that is an indication of what we thought of the CN experience.....any questions, email me...ironranger710@yahoo.com

Thanks! I am from the northwest corner of Indiana, for those that asked. (Portage)

I really appreciate all your help! I can't wait to go. And am VERY glad to hear about no seagull sitings, lol.