Thread: CN cab fare

Hybrid View

Default CN cab fare

Going to CN next week and am wondering what the current cab fare is from CN to town. Just want to know what is a reasonable fare to agree to. Have used the route taxi in the past and they work Ok during the day, but you want one of the dedicated licensed taxies at night.

Anyone been there recently?

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by linda and lee View Post
    Going to CN next week and am wondering what the current cab fare is from CN to town. Just want to know what is a reasonable fare to agree to. Have used the route taxi in the past and they work Ok during the day, but you want one of the dedicated licensed taxies at night.

Anyone been there recently?

Lee
    i would walk out of couples and down the drive and negotiate.
    Red tags mean they are legit taxis with insurance i am not sure what good that will be since you are in JA. Anyways to the roundabout or anywhere in the west end i dont pay more then 10 bux each way normally a 7-8 charge and 2-3 for tip. You are on holiday so if the extra 2-3 bux makes of break i am not sure what to say. Every driver we had has been great.
    Depending on what you want to do and if it is at night you may want to negortiate a driver who will stay with you for the evening. Providing easy acces to some local spots where you may be the only white person ..Worst case when you get to CN talk to you fav bartender tell him what you want and ask iif he has a frien who is a driver ... We have used a variety of drivers and all have beeen excellent. have fun

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    i would walk out of couples and down the drive and negotiate.
    Red tags mean they are legit taxis with insurance i am not sure what good that will be since you are in JA. Anyways to the roundabout or anywhere in the west end i dont pay more then 10 bux each way normally a 7-8 charge and 2-3 for tip. You are on holiday so if the extra 2-3 bux makes of break i am not sure what to say. Every driver we had has been great.
    Depending on what you want to do and if it is at night you may want to negortiate a driver who will stay with you for the evening. Providing easy acces to some local spots where you may be the only white person ..Worst case when you get to CN talk to you fav bartender tell him what you want and ask iif he has a frien who is a driver ... We have used a variety of drivers and all have beeen excellent. have fun
    Why do you assume that Linda and Lee are white? Not all Jamaicans have dark skin. Whether you are white or black doesnt make a difference, people can tell you are not from their country.

Mrs.Jackson you are quite right. Not all Jamaicans are dark skinned. My Aunt and some cousins are blond and hazel-eyed, and others in my family look Asian as their grandparents came from China. In my family tree there is Scottish, African, Portugese, British, Chinese,Indian and Sicilian and we are ALL Jamaican!

Thanks for the information

All Jamaicans are beautiful. We'll be home soon.