Default Febuary, March or October?

OK, This is my 2nd Post to this forum (my 1st being on which resort...my fiance and I have decided on Couples Negril)

So, now we are trying to decide which time of the year we should go...any advice is deeply appreciated

This is what we like:

-very "warm" weather (somewhere between 80-85 F...much higher than 85 compromises the comfort level of my lady, and much lower than 80 and its hard to get her in the water because its too cold)

-As little rain as possible (we understand this is a tropical island and it needs lots of rain to grow all the beauty it holds....but we don't want to be kept off the beach the whole time)

-We'd like to avoid the "hurricane" or tropical storm season if we could.

Now, we are reasonable people and we understand that the weather is an unpredictable and uncontrollable force... So, I'm really trying to find the month with the best "chances" that we'll get our ideal conditions.

Also, there are only a few months we can do this trip of ours next year (2010):
    -Febuary
    -March
    -July
    -September
    -October

I understand that September is "storm season" is that correct? Also, July...I'm worried July might be too hot (not for me-but my other half). So, that pretty much leaves Feb, march or Oct...

Any suggestions? Thank you so much!
    -JOSH

We like February - including Valentines Day. It breaks up the winter. The weather is a perfect match to your ideal range. We did get a bit of clouds mid day (but we needed a break from the sun and just had lunch then) Mornings and late afternoons were perfect.

We book CN again this year - same time (only a few days longer).

september and october are in the middle of hurricane season prices are better but you do run the risk of a storm.
    July is very hot and off season as well.
    I would go with end to early march. Great weather and if you are from a cold climate a nice late winter break have fun

October's still hurricane season, too, technically, and definitely still 'rainy season' (in the sense that the afternoon rain is an hour or so instead of 15 minutes). It won't rain the whole time you're there unless you really are unlucky - most likely rain in the afternoon every day for 15 minutes to an hour at most. If price isn't a consideration, you might "appreciate" the temperature difference from your hometown to Jamaica more in February or March. July can be pretty hot (90 and above) and, as always, humid. I'd suggest February or March, again, if price isn't a consideration because that's the more expensive time to go.

Definately February or March. That will avoid hurricane season which is a very good idea. We went in March this year and are going in January next year. The weather is always great. Here are the average high and low temps and rainfall for Negril:

Have fun!!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

In any given year, October can still be a busy hurricane month. We were very lucky this year with Atlantic hurricanes, but if you are trying to remove hurricane risk, you should pick either February or March. Of course, Feb. and Mar. are peak season, so the cost will be much more than October if that is a factor. We always go in January/February in order to escape the Buffalo winters. For us, it is still plenty warm during the day - mid 80s in Negril, and high 70s and night. The humidity is down, so we always sleep with our verandah doors open, which you couldn't possibly do in the summer. The water is warm enough in February, although it is a bit cooler than it will be in the summer/fall. January and February are also the driest months in Negril. Good luck deciding!

Thanks everyone!!!! OK, it looks like it's going to be Feb or March for us! Hopefully, in the next week or so we'll make a final decision and I'll repost to see if anyone else is going around the same time...I'm thinking I'm going to do a "gardenview" to save some cash....unless anyone can convince me that the "beachfront" or "oceanviews" are worth it (I'm hoping not to spend too much time in the room-we'll be on a tropical island after all, why be in the room? right? ...)

Thanks to all, again!

Ledbetter - Don't waste the cash on upgrading your room. Gardenview at CN is all we ever do & they are totally fine. You are only in the room to shower & sleep mostly anyway - Really - You will not be regret it once you get there & see how much time you actually spend in the room. HAVE FUN!
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Ledbetter View Post
    Thanks everyone!!!! OK, it looks like it's going to be Feb or March for us! Hopefully, in the next week or so we'll make a final decision and I'll repost to see if anyone else is going around the same time...I'm thinking I'm going to do a "gardenview" to save some cash....unless anyone can convince me that the "beachfront" or "oceanviews" are worth it (I'm hoping not to spend too much time in the room-we'll be on a tropical island after all, why be in the room? right? ...)

Thanks to all, again!
    Get the cheaper room. The rooms (not suites) are all the same at CN and the veiws are all about the same...no direct veiws of the beach or ocean. You are correct: There is so much to do and see, you will only be in the room to change, shower, sleep and "play"!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We typically go someplace warm(Punta Cana, Cancun, Riviera Maya) in early February and have always had perfect weather. By February, we usually need something to lift up our spirits so we feel that this month is a good mid-point in time for a winter getaway. Hopefully by the time we get back home from a wonderful trip, we'll only have ~ 1 to 1-1/2 months left of cold, dreary days before spring arrives. For 2010, after looking at the average temps in Jamaica, we have chosen CN but are not arriving until closer to the end of the month instead of the usual first week of February. We hope for hot, hot, weather and little rain.