Default Direct flights IAH - MBJ canceled!

I just found out that our direct flight from Houston on Continental has been canceled. Are there any other airlines that have direct flights? We were using miles and can change the reservation, but it would be on a connecting flight.

Quote Originally Posted by cypresspeeps View Post
    I just found out that our direct flight from Houston on Continental has been canceled. Are there any other airlines that have direct flights? We were using miles and can change the reservation, but it would be on a connecting flight.
    Aaak!!! We are booked on that filight in January. Have the discontinued the route or did they just cancel you specific flight?

What dates are you traveling? I see the direct flight to be still be available in Orbitz.
    Last edited by JamaicaHound; November 20th, 2009 at 05:39 PM.

We were flying April 23-20.

I called and they said the only option is to fly out of Newark. So you think I might be able to just change the days?

I just checked and there are no direct flights in Feb, March or April.

we are leaving at the end of June out of OKC and have a connecting flight in IAH also on Continental. Is that for all flights or just certain ones?

We are scheduled on the Houston to Montego Bay flight on December 6, and that flight is still shown on the Continental Airlines website. We have received no indication of a change for us. So hopefully, in the near term at least, the non-stop flight from Houston continues.

Direct flights are still available. However, Continental does not fly to Montego on Mondays, Tuesdays and some Fridays. I've noticed this for the past two years so we always try to go Thursday through Sunday.

What are your dates?
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Direct flights are still available. However, Continental does not fly to Montego on Mondays, Tuesdays and some Fridays. I've noticed this for the past two years so we always try to go Thursday through Sunday.

What are your dates?
    Thanks Amy! Look like Sunday, Thurs and Sat are our options at this point. We had a direct flight booked for Tue-Tue. I'm peeved that they cancelled it on us. I guess we'll have to either change our dates or get a connecting flight.
    Last edited by cypresspeeps; November 23rd, 2009 at 01:17 PM.

Sure hope you can slide your dates. That would suck having to connect all the way up through EWR! And it looks like all the ones on the way down are 2-dayers and would actually have to leave on the evening of the 12th.

To my knowledge, no one else has a direct flight out of IAH.

If you have the option to slide, I would shoot for the Thursday flights (15th-22nd). Thursdays are by far the least traveled day of the three choices and should help make immigration and customs a breeze. There is no cost to change your dates with Couples and is basically a non-issue unless they are totally booked.

If your locked on you dates, your two best options (IMO) out of IAH would be Delta via ATL, or AA via MIA. But, of course, you wouldn't be able to use your air miles.

Good luck!!

I think we are going to change our dates to April 8-15. We can still use our miles that way.

Can someone confirm that if we change our dates we won't lose our resort spa credits?

Thanks in advance!

We had to change our dates and did lose our gift shop/spa credits. The special only applied to a certain booking window. When you change it, you lose it unfortunately.

hey guys,
    I just checked with continental and it looks like my flight status is still good. there has been no cancellation to the flight. I am leaving IAH on jan 16th and will return on Jan 23rd. Looking forward to a week in CSA

Amy was correct and Continental only has direct flights on Saturday, Sunday and Thursdays. When I booked our flights in August, there was the option to fly direct Tue-Tue, but it's since been canceled.

I was able to rebook on Continental and get direct flights April 8-15 (Thursday-Thursday). I also wanted to note that I spoke with Yvonne and was able to change the ates on our reservation and was assured that since we are still staying seven nights, we will still get the $500 resort credit.

Amy was correct and Continental only has direct flights on Saturday, Sunday and Thursdays. When I booked our flights in August, there was the option to fly direct Tue-Tue, but it's since been canceled.

I was able to rebook on Continental and get direct flights April 8-15 (Thursday-Thursday). I also wanted to note that I spoke with Yvonne and was able to change the dates on our reservation and was assured that since we are still staying seven nights, we will still get the $500 resort credit.
    Phew! I am glad you got it all worked out! I didn't read your first post well enough to see it was you guys Continental did the exact same thing last year and we had to move dates too. I don't know why they even post the flights at all since it's now the second year they've canceled. Hey, maybe we'll see you at CSA in 2011? We are booked at CTI for 2010, but booked a CTI/CSA split for 2011!! Woohoo!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Yup - it's me!

When are you going to CTI?

We are planning on returning to CSA in 2011 too. We wil be celebrating our 40th birthdays and our 10th wedding anniversary. We're hoping to have some friends and family come along. Maybe we'll give CTI a try in 2012. How are you doing the splin in 2011? Are you doing 7 nights at each resort or 5 and 5?

Default Flights to to Montego Bay

US Air has flights from Philly and Charlotte. We using them in February.

Yup - it's me!

When are you going to CTI?

We are planning on returning to CSA in 2011 too. We wil be celebrating our 40th birthdays and our 10th wedding anniversary. We're hoping to have some friends and family come along. Maybe we'll give CTI a try in 2012. How are you doing the splin in 2011? Are you doing 7 nights at each resort or 5 and 5?
    We will be at CTI April 8-18, 2010. Then we booked the split at 5 and 5, April 7-17, 2011 but by then if we have more vacation we might add some nights to make it 7/7. We just couldn't pass up the booking special so we went for it! I figure that since we have the packing down to a science, we'll only lose one morning with an early morning re-pack and drive. So if you're going the same week in 2011 we will see you there!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

We will be at CTI April 8-18, 2010. Then we booked the split at 5 and 5, April 7-17, 2011 but by then if we have more vacation we might add some nights to make it 7/7. We just couldn't pass up the booking special so we went for it! I figure that since we have the packing down to a science, we'll only lose one morning with an early morning re-pack and drive. So if you're going the same week in 2011 we will see you there!
    Our anniversary is April 14th, so we should be renewing our vows then.

Sounds like we're on the same flight April 8th, so we'll see you then. Too bad we're on different shuttles, but we can share a drink at the lounge. We really should try to get together before then. Maybe sometime after the holidays? Do you still have my email?

Our anniversary is April 14th, so we should be renewing our vows then.

Sounds like we're on the same flight April 8th, so we'll see you then. Too bad we're on different shuttles, but we can share a drink at the lounge. We really should try to get together before then. Maybe sometime after the holidays? Do you still have my email?
    That's cool we're on the same flight! Well, we will be - I am waiting to book in January because that's when they typically drop. They dropped today to $378. Once we book, we'll have to see our seat assignments - we can drink on the way too!

And yes we should definitely get together before then but after the holidays!! I still have your email, so once the holiday craziness settles down, let's plan something!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

That's cool we're on the same flight! Well, we will be - I am waiting to book in January because that's when they typically drop. They dropped today to $378. Once we book, we'll have to see our seat assignments - we can drink on the way too!

And yes we should definitely get together before then but after the holidays!! I still have your email, so once the holiday craziness settles down, let's plan something!
    I used miles and got us tickets in first class for 60,000 miles round trip. Not bad. It will be way better than last year wheen we were in coach and had a connecting flight.

I used miles and got us tickets in first class for 60,000 miles round trip. Not bad. It will be way better than last year wheen we were in coach and had a connecting flight.
    I'm looking at those same points! We might be in first class with you. Last year we got a first class upgrade for $50 a ticket so that was nice - except they showed Marley and Me as the movie and by the time we landed Steve and I were both crying our eyes out. They should not be allowed to show a movie like that when you're trapped on a plane!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

I'm looking at those same points! We might be in first class with you. Last year we got a first class upgrade for $50 a ticket so that was nice - except they showed Marley and Me as the movie and by the time we landed Steve and I were both crying our eyes out. They should not be allowed to show a movie like that when you're trapped on a plane!
    Do it! That would be great if we could all fly down in first class together. We're in row 2. If I'm correct, it was 30,000 on Thursday(s) and 60,000 on Saturday. I was looking into a 10 night stay when I had to change our dates. Maybe next year...

Yikes! Marley and Me is a terrible in-flight movie. How can anyone watch it without bawling their eyes out? Hopefully the movie won't be a tear jerker this year.