Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CSS/SSB Pool, Bar, etc.

We have been to CN and loved it! Tried the AN beach first and never made it to the pool area! Thinking of trying CSS (I know CNers will cringe)but wonder if the pool area/bar at SSB is AN also-appears that it must be.
    Thanks for the info-

The AN area at Sans Souci is awesome. The pool is large with a swim up bar and waterfall. The beach area is very nice. There is no place better than Couples Sans Souci!

Haven't been to CN, but the AN area at CSS/SSB is its own little resort, seperate from the rest of CSS with the private beach,massage huts, pool, bar, grill and restrooms. IMO this all means a BIG Plus for CSS, which isn't matched at the other resorts.

Yes, the pool and bar at SSB are au-natural too. Don't worry about the Couples Negril au-natural fans... we are all one big Couples family whichever resort we favor. Trying all the resorts is a great thing to do. My wife and I have yet to tear ourselves away from Sans Souci, but I'm sure it will happen some day!

There is the main beach pool which is textile. Lucky for us, the pool and spa located separately on SSB is all au naturel until 5:00 P.M. This includes a wonderful swim-up bar and bartender who caters to you. There are lunches served right on the grounds. You can eat this au naturel at the bar. If you wish to seclude yourself, there is a large beach area with palapas for shade and some degree of seclusion. It's all there and irie. Welcome aboard...

Bilkat

CSS has SSB (Sunset Beach). You will love it. It has a pool and poolbar right on SSB. They also have a grill there where we can get lunch and not have to dress to go to the other areas for lunch if you do not want to. Last year we went over to SSB in the morning and usually never left until around 5:00-5:30 when the textile folks would come over for the sunset.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Mnwin View Post
    We have been to CN and loved it! Tried the AN beach first and never made it to the pool area! Thinking of trying CSS (I know CNers will cringe)but wonder if the pool area/bar at SSB is AN also-appears that it must be.
    Thanks for the info-
    I would not say cringe? I am a 5X CN AN visitor and have decided to give SSB a try this time around. I have heard it is not going to be a disappointment and am quite looking forward to the AN pool experience.

I did hear that the hot tub is much smaller on SSB but still sufficient - with a backyard feel.
    ... it keepsh me shane

the ssb set up at css is top notch. The beach is not CN and the water is not bloody bay. However the combination of beach pool swim up bar and grill make it much more social the CN. We found our morning on the beach and then head over to the grill pool mid afternoon great combination

Sure is! In fact I spend lots of time at the swim up bar.

Yes it is. I have been to both and I think that CSS is nicer facility. Wwimming in the ocean isn't as nice as CN, the water is colder and a rocky bottom but the pool makes up for it. CSS has a bartender all day until 5:00 and a grill. When we were there last January they actually brought a few dishes from the buffet over too. So you don't have to leave CSS at all if you don't want to. And of course it is more private.

Yes, the pool, bar and beach at Sunset Beach are all AN - until 5 PM. Then the beach opens for textiles to come watch the sunset.

Hey Mnwin, we are from MN too. We are going to CTI in March. We have done a day pass to CSS, and yes, the bar & pool at SSB are also part of the AN area.

By the way, we are having a WI-MN get-together in a couple of weeks. Check out the following thread and let us know if you are interest.

http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/sho...referrerid=313

Here are a few pics to give you a visual of the Sunset Beach facilities (these are old pics from pre-Couples days (that's why the floats are yellow), but it still looks the same):

AN Pool & swim up bar:
    Name:  GLSS.AN.Pool.View.jpg
Views: 2468
Size:  23.5 KB

AN Pool & waterfall:
    Name:  GLSS.AN.Waterfall.jpg
Views: 2470
Size:  30.7 KB

AN Grill:
    Name:  GLSS.AN.Grill.jpg
Views: 2459
Size:  20.2 KB

Default Thanks for feedback!

We are planning a mid-April vacation-thanks to all who posted. This MB is awesome-everything you want to know is here+people are very willing to help.

In all honesty to me Sunset Beach completely blows away the little A/N beach section at C/N though C/N's A/N hot tub is nicer.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Default An css

Having been to CSS and CN, CSS is much better because it has its own beach and it has a pool. The AN beach at CN is shared with the main part of the resort and other resorts, and at times one may feel like an object of attention, even though the sunbathing area is fairly exclusive. CN does not have a pool in the AN sunbathing area, but does have a small jacuzzi, and its own bar. Going back to CSS February 2.
    David

Crystal & Eric will be there at CSS on jan 10th to the 17th. WE hope all you fun people out there book your trip now. See you there.
    Irie mon! C & E

It is truly amazing in that it does feel like its own little resort. No one can see you and yet you dont feel isolated because you have all the comforts of the textile side. When we went before, we used to hang out by the pool or beach all day and then around 3:00 we would bring some of the chair floats together and make one long floating bar in the middle of the pool where everyone gathered to hang out and talk until it was time to head out for dinner. Lots of fun and VERY relaxing!

Quote Originally Posted by GungaCrik and Eman View Post
    Crystal & Eric will be there at CSS on jan 10th to the 17th. WE hope all you fun people out there book your trip now. See you there.
    Irie mon! C & E
    We will be at Sunset beach from the 5th-14th of Jan-look forward to seeing you!

Renee and Ron

We just returned from CSS and SSB and it was spectacular- you'll love it.

CSS is my new favorite Couples property and we had no problem giving up Blood Bay because the amenities on SSB make up for it

I actually prefer a pool to the ocean but hubby absolutely fell in love with the river that flows right in front of the SSB.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Quote Originally Posted by GERRYA View Post
    Haven't been to CN, but the AN area at CSS/SSB is its own little resort, seperate from the rest of CSS with the private beach,massage huts, pool, bar, grill and restrooms. IMO this all means a BIG Plus for CSS, which isn't matched at the other resorts.
    Massage huts...?

The massage huts at SSB are actually large palapas located on the far right side of the beach area.

Default We are here NOW!!!

Kim, and I (Rick) are here now and loving it. Today, security turned away a couple of "textiles" who were walking the sandbar and sent them back the way they came from. We are here until the 10th, and there is no better way to celebrate our 25th anniversary than at CSS SSB. This is "romantic," and does not have a "frat house" atmosphere. Bar is great, food is great, environment is great.

Rick

We just came back from CSS as well after spending the holidays there. It was our first time after being a diehard CN fan the last 6 trips. In all honesty, bye bye CN. We will be spending our time at CSS from now on. No comparison. The AN section alone is so much better than CN IMO. As far as everyone saying about the hot tub not being as nice, I think its a visual thing as its above ground and not ground level like CN's is. "If" a raised deck was around it or if it was recessed, I don't think as many people would bother to mention it. Its not that much smaller tho I'd like to see someone measure the actual sizes for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by John from Jersey View Post
    We just came back from CSS as well after spending the holidays there. It was our first time after being a diehard CN fan the last 6 trips. In all honesty, bye bye CN. We will be spending our time at CSS from now on. No comparison. The AN section alone is so much better than CN IMO. As far as everyone saying about the hot tub not being as nice, I think its a visual thing as its above ground and not ground level like CN's is. "If" a raised deck was around it or if it was recessed, I don't think as many people would bother to mention it. Its not that much smaller tho I'd like to see someone measure the actual sizes for comparison.
    We totally agree with you about SSB being the BEST! We went to CN 5X and probably won;t return because we also fell in love with CSS and SSB. We discovered what I believe was the mineral hot tub up on the cliff side one evening and guess what? It was full of AN guests so we joined in. The hot tub on SSB was full for several of the days we were on the beach - we've never seen more than 1 or 2 couples in the CN AN hottub, ever.

I am thinking the massage huts on SSB are not actually used for massages are they? There was not anything on them like sheets to cover them so I figured they were not using them anymore.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast