Thread: WiFI at CSS?

Hybrid View

Default WiFI at CSS?

Hi - is there WIFi available at CSS?

I believe so around the lobby/games room area. Not sure how far it reaches. I will find out for you in 3 days though. I'm really wanting to stream Pandora radio on my iPhone in the room.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

I know for sure it works in A13, which is about as far away from the lobby as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyandchar View Post
    I know for sure it works in A13, which is about as far away from the lobby as you can get.
    Great news Garyandchar! We stayed in A36 last year and I believe that A13 was on the bottom floor and the end closest to SSB. We will be staying in B block this year and since we will be closer to the lobby, we should get wifi.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

When we were there in April, we picked up Wifi in our room in D. There are large WiFi repeaters (look like a mini cell phone tower or large antenna) near the main lawn and between D & G buildings. Only place we could not pick up a signal was on Sunset Beach.

As far as the iPhone, I just put mine on "Airplane Mode," turned on WiFi, and used it as an iPod the entire week. Using the phone in our room to make calls back to the US was far less expensive than trying to use AT&T's International Roaming plan on the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post
    Great news Garyandchar! We stayed in A36 last year and I believe that A13 was on the bottom floor and the end closest to SSB. We will be staying in B block this year and since we will be closer to the lobby, we should get wifi.
    Your close.

A13 is on the end of the building, but is on the second level, directly under A36, and above A12.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyandchar View Post
    Your close.

A13 is on the end of the building, but is on the second level, directly under A36, and above A12.
    That's right. We'll be there soon. Leaving for the airport in a few minutes!
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Just an FYI with the iPhone in case you weren't aware- you'll get lots of charges for the roaming. When I went, I turned off the location, data push, 3G and wireless so it was basically just a phone and I didn't have to pay extra. Of course you could always turn that stuff off and keep the wireless on to see if you could pick it up.

And yes, CSS does have wireless in the lobby but it doesn't reach all of the other room buildings.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Just an FYI with the iPhone in case you weren't aware- you'll get lots of charges for the roaming. When I went, I turned off the location, data push, 3G and wireless so it was basically just a phone and I didn't have to pay extra. Of course you could always turn that stuff off and keep the wireless on to see if you could pick it up.

And yes, CSS does have wireless in the lobby but it doesn't reach all of the other room buildings.
    Thanks Amy, I am aware of turning off all of the features. Just wanting to use wifi if available. As far as my office is concerned, no wifi or cell service.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

We were able to receive a signal in Block D and Block G.