Default Looking for golfers at CN in December 09

We will be visiting CN the first week of Dec/09. My wife doesn't want to golf so if there are other golfers looking for a game please let me know.

Thanks
    Jim

Do you know if you can rent clubs and where you play?

From what I can find Couples include golf at Negril Hills Golf Course (http://negrilgolf.com/index.html#). I wouldn't take my clubs with me so I would be renting them. I found the following rates:

Golf club rental US$18, mandatory caddy rate US$7 (9 holes), US$14 (18 holes), cart rental US$17.25 (9 holes), US$34.50 (18 holes).

What are your dates? I would love for my husband to try some golf there. He recently started golfing on a regular basis so isn't a pro or anything, if you don't mind that. I do not golf so he has been reluctant to do while in Jamaica. We are there 12/4-12/11.

We are there from the 12/2-12/9. I play for fun, so I don't mind a new golfer. Let's get back in this string in late November and we can arrange a golfing day.

Thanks
    Jim

Sounds good. 54 days till we leave. it cant come fast enough-SNOWING here today!!!

Kandi - 7 days for us.

I am planning on golfing on Dec 7th. I understand that you just show up in the lobby before 8am and will be matched up with other golfers. Hopefully your other half wants to go that day, if so I will meet him in the lobby.

Jim

Nick and I arrive the 8th. He plays each day, as I enjoy the pool and activities. See you there!

Gee I'm envious of you guys. We were at CSA last December with two other couples and the 3 guys played Negril Hills twice during the week. We're not able to make it back again this year. If they haven't gotten new clubs to rent you'll find that the ones they have are on par with a discount store quality club. Two of us brought our light weight bags which really wasn't a big deal while travelling and they fit perfectly inside the door on the floor of our ocean veranda suites. The course was somewhat dry and is very hilly but we walked it with the caddies and that made it a lot of fun. My advice is to bring along a dozen cheap golf balls, a glove, tees, a golf towel and anything you feel you absolutely need to play. If you buy them there they will be very expensive. Ask for caddies Ronnie and Nevel. Tell them Steve from NY sent you...enjoy! Oh and by the way the pickup spot is the lobby in the Greathouse not the main checkin lobby where we went the first day and almost missed the van.

Jim
    I will tell him (or he will read this). If he can tear himself away from the beach, I think he would love it. See you at CN. 8 days for us .

Steve, thanks for the tips. My husband was wondering about walking vs. cart. He walks at home and his course is quite hilly. He would not have thought about bringing golf balls. do they require golf shoes? I MAY be able to squeeze them in.. Hope you make it back soon!

Sorry for the delay in your answer. No they don't require that you wear golf shoes but they do rent them. One of my friends just wore running shoes and he made it ok. I'll never play without golf shoes again after sliding down a wet slope once on my butt. I have a bad back that hurt for the rest of the round. Oh by the way, he can buy experienced golf balls from the young kids who hawk them along a few of the holes on the front nine. We asked them why they weren't in school and they said that they didn't have to go to school. Apparently school is not mandatory in Jamaica and some parents can't afford to send them considering the expense of getting them there and supplies. That was tough to hear coming from the States where everyone goes to school. Enjoy!