Default Currently at CSS

Full review later, when we're home and in CSS withdrawal.

First timer trying everything (including visiting CTI)...just wanted to mention that the golf course (for CSS and CTI) requires credit card for everything now (cart, caddy, purchases) as no cash (other than tips) is accepted.
    Wanted others to know.

Enjoying ourselves wickedly....on day 7 of 14 and couldn't be taking more advantage of activities if we tried...ask me anything!

When you get time just talk about the shuttle ride from the airport, tipping, room exchange if you want a different location, available tours off the resort, the restaurants, spa reservations, and the weather. Other than that I have no questions. ;-)
    Karen and Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydog View Post
    When you get time just talk about the shuttle ride from the airport, tipping, room exchange if you want a different location, available tours off the resort, the restaurants, spa reservations, and the weather. Other than that I have no questions. ;-)
    Shuttle smooth and comfy. Stopped 2x for beers. 1 hour or so. Yes to tip for the shuttle. We did change rooms for week #2 with no hassle. Even got to "view" a few to see what we wanted.
    We did the Chukka Zip Line tour and hubby golfed often (off the resort). Saw the horseback tour and it looked good too. Tip during all tours and spa.
    Weather gorgeous, only 1 day of rain for the 2 weeks. Spa reservations can be done by phone or at guest services. Hut over the water is $50 extra but worth it.

Thanks. What's the going rate for tips on the shuttle etc. I'm packing this morning for a flight on Monday.
    Karen and Brian

Default Missing CSS for my 50th

Tomorrow will be my 50th birthday and my husband and I were planning to spend it at CSS. However, yesterday morning about an hour before we were to be picked up for the airport, I was rushed to hospital. After countless tests they are still unable to determine the cause of the pain in my lower abdomen.

So instead of sitting on the beach, I lay in a hospital bed I hope that everyone in CSS is having a great time just we have had on prior visits and planned on having this week.

CSS, I’ll be back. My husband promised to reschedule the vacation for February/March.

For those willing, please raise your glasses and toast to my birthday tomorrow. Thanks to all

Phillydog - we're just back from CSS (arrived at 1pm this morning...yawn).

When arriving at the airport, you'll go to the Couples Lounge - no tips required there. Someone will collect your bags and you can go in to get a drink, freshen up, and relax a few minutes.

When you leave, a non-Couple's porter will take your bags to the transfer bus. You tip $1 per bag (the Couple's rep left us know that in advance). We had 4 bags total and tipped $5

We gave the bus driver $5 tip for the two of us.

We repeated the same upon the return. Saw one couple who also had 4 bags when we were at the airport departing and they only gave a $1 tip - the porter was noticeably displeased and voiced his displeasure...these are not Couple's employees.

When we did activities that were off-premises, we gave the driver a tip - we did the shopping trip (likely wouldn't do again - can get what we want @ the gift shop or at the Duty Free shops in the airport) and the trip to Dunn's River - gave $3 to the driver each time for that.

Would suggest that it's wise to have at least $20-30 in $1 bills and a few $5's as well for tipping.

Once back "fully" will share my overall take on our trip...we rate our stay as about an 8 1/2 out of a 10.