Default Just got back.... Started countdown for next trip.

Well, we just got back from CN. My review here will be slightly biased, as I love this resort, and it is the 7th time (9th overall for couples) we have stayed.

Trip to Jamaica from Philadelphia.... Flew first class on Air Jamaica. As usual, service on the plane was exceptional. Bumpy flight... we left as Ida was finishing her run up the east coast. We ended up flying to Kingston first instead of Monetgo bay due to a labor dispute at Sangster. Added an hour to the overall flight, no big deal. Took Tim Air from Mobay to CN. I cannot say enough good things about the folks at tim air. To and from CN, there was zero wait for our plane.

Room... We were in block 6, 2nd floor. Probably one of the best beach views we have had, short of a suite (those are on the end of the buildings), and I have stayed in all of the blocks on that side of the resort. Room was clean, ac worked (to well, in fact). Drink guy kept the fidge stocked with my ting, so I was happy. Next year though... I am not staying in that block, and this is not couples fault. We go to bed early, so the noise from Cassava was more than we wanted. We took to calling the band the "Left Rights" due to a song they did that woke my wife up one evening. Still, it was over by 11ish, so no big deal.

Beach... Big kudos to the grounds staff in regards to the beach. The waves were rougher this year than in the past, and there was a substantial amount of debris washed up as a result. I only saw it because I am up before dawn.... I would be willing to bet the vast majority of the guests had no idea of how much work is done on the beach prior to their arrival however. It was very clean. Drink service on the beach was fantastic. By day two, they knew what I wanted, and had it to me before my order a couple of times. The "Hot, Hot, Hot" announcer came through almost daily announcing some or another reggae show... It does not feel like I am there til I see him on the beach ... Of course, I have been saying this or that is going to be Hot, Hot, Hot ever since.

Food.... My wife never likes the food, but she could subsist on grilled cheese sandwiches at home... Her culinary exploits are the pumkin soup she tried four or five trips back that I still hear about her trying. Me... I will try most anything. Breakfasts were pretty fantastic. The girl at the omelette station was not as chipper as those seen in years past, but the remainder of the staff was fantastic. I found it funny that the cream cheese my wife had on a bagel was manufactured about 15 -20 minutes from where I live (southeastern PA). Beach grill was good. Everyime I write one of these reviews though, I hope Mishell (spell?) the head chef reads though... Sans Souci serves jerk pork at their beach grill.... It's darn tasty... hint, hint.

Lychee was new to us, as we have not been to CN since 2006. I loved it. I did not try the sushi, but my other dishes were fantastic. Helliconia remains our general dinner go to spot. We only did Otahetie for the returning guest dinner, and it was exceptional.

Bars.... Franklyn and Tennyson are standouts there. Franklyn is a personality like no other.

Spa... Typically, my wife gets 4-6 massages per trip. This year, we had the $350 credit, and I am sad to say she did not use it all. Only had the one massage, as she got eaten fairly badly by mosquitos.... I did not get a single bite.

Activities... All new faces this time around, and a fun crowd to boot. There was one gentleman in particular that never seemed to run out of energy, but to save my life I do not remember his name... He did do the Music Trivia while we were there though.

We have been so many times, that excursions are no longer a big thing for us. When we go shopping, we tend to just go get our own cab and head to Negril. The craft market looked to have significantly fewer shops than in past trips. Times square shows little change.

Ran into Gary Stephens while we were there as well. When we first started going to couples, he was the GM of this resort. I have said it many times before, but this individual was one of the primary drivers in us returning so many times. The man exemplifies customer service.

All in all, Couples has once again delivered exactly what I want in a vacation, and I will be back next year (but in block 5!). Thanks to all of the staff once again.

Quote Originally Posted by gap639 View Post
    Well, we just got back from CN. My review here will be slightly biased, as I love this resort, and it is the 7th time (9th overall for couples) we have stayed.

Trip to Jamaica from Philadelphia.... Flew first class on Air Jamaica. As usual, service on the plane was exceptional. Bumpy flight... we left as Ida was finishing her run up the east coast. We ended up flying to Kingston first instead of Montego bay due to a labor dispute at Sangster. Added an hour to the overall flight, no big deal. Took Tim Air from Mobay to CN. I cannot say enough good things about the folks at tim air. To and from CN, there was zero wait for our plane.

Room... We were in block 6, 2nd floor. Probably one of the best beach views we have had, short of a suite (those are on the end of the buildings), and I have stayed in all of the blocks on that side of the resort. Room was clean, ac worked (to well, in fact). Drink guy kept the fridge stocked with my ting, so I was happy. Next year though... I am not staying in that block, and this is not couples fault. We go to bed early, so the noise from Cassava was more than we wanted. We took to calling the band the "Left Rights" due to a song they did that woke my wife up one evening. Still, it was over by 11ish, so no big deal.

Beach... Big kudos to the grounds staff in regards to the beach. The waves were rougher this year than in the past, and there was a substantial amount of debris washed up as a result. I only saw it because I am up before dawn.... I would be willing to bet the vast majority of the guests had no idea of how much work is done on the beach prior to their arrival however. It was very clean. Drink service on the beach was fantastic. By day two, they knew what I wanted, and had it to me before my order a couple of times. The "Hot, Hot, Hot" announcer came through almost daily announcing some or another reggae show... It does not feel like I am there til I see him on the beach ... Of course, I have been saying this or that is going to be Hot, Hot, Hot ever since.

Food.... My wife never likes the food, but she could subsist on grilled cheese sandwiches at home... Her culinary exploits are the pumpkin soup she tried four or five trips back that I still hear about her trying. Me... I will try most anything. Breakfasts were pretty fantastic. The girl at the omelette station was not as chipper as those seen in years past, but the remainder of the staff was fantastic. I found it funny that the cream cheese my wife had on a bagel was manufactured about 15 -20 minutes from where I live (southeastern PA). Beach grill was good. Everytime I write one of these reviews though, I hope Mitchell (spell?) the head chef reads though... Sans Souci serves jerk pork at their beach grill.... It's darn tasty... hint, hint.

Lychee was new to us, as we have not been to CN since 2006. I loved it. I did not try the sushi, but my other dishes were fantastic. Helliconia remains our general dinner go to spot. We only did Otaheite for the returning guest dinner, and it was exceptional.

Bars.... Franklyn and Tennyson are standouts there. Franklyn is a personality like no other.

Spa... Typically, my wife gets 4-6 massages per trip. This year, we had the $350 credit, and I am sad to say she did not use it all. Only had the one massage, as she got eaten fairly badly by mosquitoes.... I did not get a single bite.

Activities... All new faces this time around, and a fun crowd to boot. There was one gentleman in particular that never seemed to run out of energy, but to save my life I do not remember his name... He did do the Music Trivia while we were there though.

We have been so many times, that excursions are no longer a big thing for us. When we go shopping, we tend to just go get our own cab and head to Negril. The craft market looked to have significantly fewer shops than in past trips. Times square shows little change.

Ran into Gary Stephens while we were there as well. When we first started going to couples, he was the GM of this resort. I have said it many times before, but this individual was one of the primary drivers in us returning so many times. The man exemplifies customer service.

All in all, Couples has once again delivered exactly what I want in a vacation, and I will be back next year (but in block 5!). Thanks to all of the staff once again.
    ....Interesting review. We're heading there tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by gap639 View Post
    We go to bed early, so the noise from Cassava was more than we wanted. We took to calling the band the "Left Rights" due to a song they did that woke my wife up one evening. Still, it was over by 11ish, so no big deal.

Beach grill was good. Everyime I write one of these reviews though, I hope Mishell (spell?) the head chef reads though... Sans Souci serves jerk pork at their beach grill.... It's darn tasty... hint, hint.

Nice review.

We had similar experience in block 6 a few years ago. If we were up late it was no problem, but we turned in early a few times and it was loud. Funny you called them "Left/Rights", ours was "Back it up gyal" due to a similarly popular song. Stuffing a towel or extra pillows under the door helped a bit

The Beachgrill did have pork a few years ago, but not jerk (media noche - or pulled pork).We'd be happy if they brought that back or added jerk pork. His name is Misja Ruijs and I don't know if he is on the MB but assume Randymon/Seandymon could pass it on. I'm not sure how much influence CSA/CSS/CTI menu items have though. At a repeater reception they had sweet potato chips. Misja was there and we asked if that meant CN would now start serving them like CSA. His response indicated he was very well aware of their popularity at CSA and that he had no intention of regularly serving them at CN.

Last month the male entertainment staff were Fabian, Lascelles, and Travis. Angelica was also there. I'm guessing Fabian was Mr energy.