Default Beach Wedding - Can I Wear Heels??!

Hi!

We're getting married at CN in March 2010, I know a lot of brides go barefoot for the ceremony on the beach but I'm just wondering if anyone else attempted to wear heels?

I'm barely 5 feet tall so I'm desperate to wear heels so I can add some inches!

Would love to know what other brides or brides to be have chosen? Please post pics of ideas if you can!

x

is this a serious question ?
    beach +heels == no bueno it would sexy as hell but not too practical
    then again if you carry them to water edge you will be good to go
    then again since you are dealing with sand wet or dry maybe not

if it is you may want to inquire and spend a few more bucks and have a few attendents roll out some planking one sheet after another or maybe you can sit in a chair and they can carry you ala cleopatra to the area how cool would that be go for it but remember the balarina heels are only for private time

Quote Originally Posted by Shoegal84 View Post
    Hi!

We're getting married at CN in March 2010, I know a lot of brides go barefoot for the ceremony on the beach but I'm just wondering if anyone else attempted to wear heels?

I'm barely 5 feet tall so I'm desperate to wear heels so I can add some inches!

Would love to know what other brides or brides to be have chosen? Please post pics of ideas if you can!

x
    What about bridal flipflop, they are very cute, fun, give you the height and do not sink in the sand

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1220717..._2079_89317000

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1220717..._2079_89372121

A platform shoe would give you some height, and you wouldn't have to worry about your heels sinking into the sand. In the alternative, you might want to consider marrying in the gazebo.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default Hi

Don't stress!!! you will look & feel so beautiful on your wedding day!! Just go barefoot for the beach ceremony & then put your shoes on for pics around the resort etc.
    We are getting married at CSA June 4, 2010
    I'm doing the barefoot thing & then will get a hot pair of shoes for the reception we are doing in the garden.

I wore heels on the beach...It was fine. My husband is 6'5" and I am only 5'4" so it was a must

E mail me if you want to see some pics...denise_doty@hotmail.com

dandpdub

Hi! I'm so pleased that you managed heels, this makes me feel so much better as I am really am small :-(

I will email you now as would love to see the kind of shoes you went for.

Thanks to all for the advice :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chanelgirl View Post
    What about bridal flipflop, they are very cute, fun, give you the height and do not sink in the sand

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1220717..._2079_89317000

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1220717..._2079_89372121
    Adorable! I may look at those for my now renewal.

What about wedge heels?

I went with Victoria Seccret wedged flip flops for the ceremony and then heels for pictures around the resort, and barefoot for sunset photos.

Default Shoe Update

Hi, I originally asked this question several months ago as I was desperate to add some extra height on my big day but wasn't sure I could navigate my way across the sand :-)

I just wanted to update you all as I got married on 24th March and for all my worrying over the shoes I actually went barefoot in the end!!

To be honest, I was so happy on the day that I decided to go for comfort over style so I went down to the beach in flip flops and then even ended up ditching them as they kept getting caught on the train of my dress lol... My photographer carried the shoes around in her case until we were off the beach and I could then put them on for photos.

Its so true what people say about not stressing over the little things, on the day you are so happy you don't sweat the small stuff. I'm planning to post a review of the day soon on here and hopefully put up some pics but for all you brides to be out there trust me that Couples will take care of everything and it will be the best day of your life! X

Glad you enjoyed your day!! Can't wait to read your review!!