Default a little nervous

My husband and I will be at Tower Isle in late March. I just recently finished cancer treatments, and my hair is just starting to grow back. I'm a little nervous about how short my hair will be during our visit, but I don't like wearing wigs. In fact, I love the water, and can't wait to snorkel, swim, sail, etc. Has anybody else ever gone through this? Will I look "odd" with my very short hair?

You lightning1 are an inspiration---No worries---people come in all shapes and sizes and hairdo's------you're a survivor and i applaud you and pray for continued health. Many people find a nice beach hat to wear, as the sun does tend to get extremely hot. And NO, you won't look Odd, you'll be a beautiful ray of sunshine----Enjoy your trip, it's going to be splendid!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning1 View Post
    My husband and I will be at Tower Isle in late March. I just recently finished cancer treatments, and my hair is just starting to grow back. I'm a little nervous about how short my hair will be during our visit, but I don't like wearing wigs. In fact, I love the water, and can't wait to snorkel, swim, sail, etc. Has anybody else ever gone through this? Will I look "odd" with my very short hair?
    .....Whoo Hooo!!! You're a survivor. Your "Very Short Hair" is your "badge of honor"!!

Who cares... Enjoy the sun, enjoy life, no one cares that you have short hair.

I just got off meds for a major stomach issue, and I am puffed up like a blowfish right now. I go in 2 weeks and I really do not care that I will a fat guy on the beach. We all have our issues that make us insecure.

DITTO - Go with pride, short haired head held high. You survived!!!!!

Agreed. My mother lost her fight to cancer and my brother is fighting it now. You're a survivor so go enjoy the sun with no worries. If anyone ask please tell them why.
    Karen and Brian

Agreed! You are an inspiration. As an oncology nurse, I can't express the admiration I feel for everything you have been through. Hair doesn't define you- your strength and spirit does. Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your trip.

About 10 years ago I had just finished chemo and my sisters treated me to a cruise. My hair was just growing back. I am so glad I went and we had a fantastic trip. Go and enjoy yourself you deserve it.

Soak in the sun, Enjoy the water, Squish your feet in the sand, Eat till you can't eat anymore, Dance till the sun comes up and dont think twice about what anyone is thinking! Your a survivor and an inspiration to all!

Hiya Lightning 1 *** I used to be Lennyjohn and I wrote you before I went to CSA last June and told you I would think of you at the 1st lightning strike!!! And I did!!!! And now you are in recovery!!!
    AND on top of that you are going back to Couples before ME!!!!
    It's funny cause my wife had an illness about 3 years ago and lost alot of hair but guess what?????? Its all back now and we will be back in Negril in April,so is this board,with these type of people great or WHAT!!!!!!
    Heres to LIFE!!!!!

You hold your head high and proud and I just dare one person to glare. You go and have the time of your life and dont leave with even one thought about what someone else thinks. You go girl!

go with pride. we are happy you are better and able to go.

Randy

Just make sure you still put lotion on your head. A LOT AND OFTEN. Your head may not have too much sun exposure like the Caribbean exposure and it will crisp and hurt if you burn. Evben if you buy a stronger one and water proof for your head.

Congrats on your recovery and enjoy this relaxing trip and EAT UP!

Default thank you!!!!

Thank you to everyone who encouraged me! What a wonderful group of people you are! I feel SO much better about my upcoming trip after reading your words!

Your insides are what count, not your outside!!! GO and walk proudly!!!
    Kristen

When in March will you be there? We will be March 22 - 29. If we cross paths there, we'd love to have a drink with you! I just lost my dad to a very nasty cancer and agree with all the posts - wear that wonderful short hair with pride in knowing that you beat it. Hope to see there!

I went into remission in June. My hair is growing back, its curling over my ears and sticking up, but I don't care I'm still here! We will be at CSA in March, I have an additional problem, my big and several other toenails fell off as well, they have started to grow back. Who cares, beauty is only skin deep! Hope you have a fantastic holiday, e-mail if you want too, Elaine xx

Enjoy your vacation, you deserve it!!!