Default Giving Thanks this holiday season

This has been a tough year, I lost my job of 20 years, the company I worked for closed. Life changed overnight drastically. So many people are in the same situation, it is sad and it is very scary! Things can seem grim at times, downright depressing, but you pull yourself back up again and stand strong. It is the holidays a time to look at what is really important.

We have watched many on this board battle life threatening illnesses, lose loved ones, and pets, in general go through some pretty bad times. Today I am grateful and thankful for my health, my family, my pets, my dearest friends. I am so grateful I have been blessed enough to visit the island of Jamaica 3 times and all the friends I have made through this message board, and the resorts themselves. Couples is a special place, Jamaica is a special place. I am hopeful for the future for things to turn around to find a new job, and keep moving ahead.

When things look grim, I try to think of the people of Jamaica the little material things that they have, but the attitude that keeps them happy and thriving the "It's all good" No worries mon, don't sweat the small stuff attitude. It's all Irie! Every little ting gonna be alright! When you think about it the important things are not things you can buy, but what you can feel, and the people you have those feelings for.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Mzambo,

I have to agree with you. You have a good attitude here. I too am thankful for my health, my family, and all my friends, especially some on this board. Reading this board has at times brought me back from the brink of self pity. I want to Thank all of you here. And for most of us on this board, if nothing else, we have the fantastic memories of the time we spent at the best resort chain with the person we love. And we need to remember and be thankful, that those memories, not matter what happens will always be with us.
    Linda