Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Couples airport lounge request....

I love when we finally get to Jamaica and are welcomed into the Couples lounge. We are offered a Red Stripe or water but we are not beer drinkers so have to settle for water. The last time we came, I took up the Red Stripe offer.....we are in Jamaica after all! But after a few sips it was clear I am still not a beer lover!
    How about some other drink offerings?

Hi Runnermon,

The MBJ airport authority restricts us from serving any spirits in the airport lounge.

Couples Resorts

Any possability of having some food in the Couples loung? With most airlines not serving food on the flights, by the time you reach the lounge you have not had anything to eat for quite sometime.
    Maybe some fruit and other snacks. Everyone is not a drinker.

soda would work!!!!

I am always craving a TING when we get there... but haven't been able to get one on our last trips when we arrive at the airport lounge.. wish they'd have some of that, as we too are not beer drinkers, and water just doesn't do it after a long flight.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Hi Runnermon,

The MBJ airport authority restricts us from serving any spirits in the airport lounge.
    You know they would if they could. They are all about pleasing their guests. The do have soda pop.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I'm always offered and drink Pepsi

Randymon,

Maybe a short assortent of Jamaican soft drinks...Ting anyone? By the way, I like the red stripe but others might like it if you showed the a Ting or two... Get it????

Diet pepsi?

Beer is not a spirit?

Beer is not a spirit. Rather, a spirit is a strong distilled alcoholic liquor. I will check into Ting. And, no we cannot serve food in our airport lounge. Their is a small snack bar just outside the terminal - on the way to the bus. Great Patties.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by janeyb View Post
    soda would work!!!!
    You can get soda.

I have read lots of people talking about Ting. What is it?

With most airlines not serving food anymore, I pack snacks--cereal bars, pretzels. I wish I could take fruit, but that won't get through security, so I am stuck with carbs. I carry enough so I have something to snack on the bus also.
    Vicky

I would like a Ting, too! Don't drink beer or caffeinated stuff!

Good grief people it's a super bad world economy out there what the heck are ya'll expecting!!! Once you get to your resort you will have everything you want.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

When we were there in April, I was offered a Ting/RedStripe mix. It was good.

Quote Originally Posted by terri565 View Post
    I have read lots of people talking about Ting. What is it?
    It is a grapefruit-lemon-lime Pepsi product that tastes a lot like ginger-ale... best I could do! It is stocked in the room refrigerators.

It's a good thing when the only gripes are about the beverage selection at the airport lounge.

(And now sounding like an old-timer...) I remember when they didn't even have lounges in the airport. They just had a desk that you would report to. Then you stood in a corner and waited for your shuttle.

I don't care for the Red Stripe beer either, but the lounge Tap also has Red StripeLight and that I find much more to my liking. Totally different tast.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxon9032 View Post
    It's a good thing when the only gripes are about the beverage selection at the airport lounge.

(And now sounding like an old-timer...) I remember when they didn't even have lounges in the airport. They just had a desk that you would report to. Then you stood in a corner and waited for your shuttle.
    I remember that! All open air, bags on a table, maybe.

I have had Ting and I would say it's more like Squirt or Fresca than Ginger Ale. I have also had Ginger Beer while at CTI and it was the Ginger Ale. I had an upset stomach and this was a great relief. But I do prefer the Ting over the Ginger Beer especially if it has a shot of Vodka!
    Vicky

We're doing the single digit dance! I can't wait to have a Ting! My sis brought us back 2 bottles when they were in Jamaica in April! AHHH!!! Red stripe isn't our beer choice either, but hey, it cries "JAMAICA!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jaxon9032 View Post
    Yup, wasn't all that long ago. The lounge really makes the short wait for the shuttle more pleasant.

Love the lounge! It makes it official--We're in Jamaica mon. I don't care what you serve in the lounge as long as it comes with a welcoming smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    With most airlines not serving food anymore, I pack snacks--cereal bars, pretzels. I wish I could take fruit, but that won't get through security, so I am stuck with carbs. I carry enough so I have something to snack on the bus also.
    Vicky,
    This might make you happy in regards to bringing fruits and other foods with you

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1667.shtm

I was actually researching tonight because in the blogging world I have seen a ton of food bloggers that fly with homemade foods (sandwiches, fruits, veggies, etc.) and I wanted to make sure it was OK because I want to eat healthier foods than airport/airline junk. Hope this helps!

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast